Fanime Dance stuff.

Started by bucac, October 18, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"So do we have a tentative DJ Lineup and/or schedule yet?

Whats the deal? Update? And according to the schedule, theres no Dance on Friday? Did I read it wrong?

Inuashley

Yeah, why is there only one dance? O.o That seems kind of odd to me.
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Kanchii

I'm pretty sure there is a dance every night, the whole 'none on friday' is news to me and i hope its not true.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=76039369&MyToken=cea95441-f059-4a6f-a0d3-fe6a26b28252

DJ Caen will be djing and shes super fun and a good friend of mine!
And yes, expect mainly techno. It's the most fun to dance to in my mind anyway. Its the most free, you can just jump around and have fun. Yay! :D

Inuashley

The schedule says it's only on Saturday night ^^;
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

YoureMyHiro

Its usually every night but the schedule is only saying Saturday, so Im curious to find out the real deal. Ive gotta party hard all weekend and I need a beat!

Kanchii

Lemme text Autumn (DJ Caen) and ask what they told her... one sec

BSaphire

I just wanted to let you dance happy Fanime peeps know that Sac Anime Con's DJ... DJ Caen... will be doing Fanime's Dances (yes that is all of them) this year. I know that Autum (DJ Caen) is very much into Eurobeat, beatbox, techno, & trance, but is also a cosplayer and con attendee like the rest of us! Expect some game, anime, and DDR music to filter it's way into the line up too! DJ Caen is NOT an IPOD DJ! So come check out what Sac Anime Fans already know.... DJ CAEN ROCKS THE HOUSE!

*side note ... Sends a kiss... Muwah! Luv ya Autum :P Your the best!
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Kanchii

I'm one of Autumn's fans as well! :D *twirls*

Also, the dance is friday and saturday for sure, and she says theres a 50% chance of it being on Sunday as well but shes not totally sure about it so I'm not garanteeing it.

dj 8-ball

Maybe I can just scratch while on eof the DJ's mix?   :D

caelque

I could use the help 8-ball :D Just find me at the dance, doing most of this alone is daunting >> or you can e-mail / AIM me

Kanchii

I'll be dancing right infront of you, Autumn, when I'm not in the Yaoi/Yuri/Hentai room. XD

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "dj 8-ball"Maybe I can just scratch while on eof the DJ's mix?   :D
Whats the business dude? You spinning this year? Im unaware of the DJ Lineup and a little assurance that it wont be entirely rave-oriented this year would be nice.

DJ Reign

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"Im unaware of the DJ Lineup

What DJ lineup? :?

Kanchii

DJ Caen is djing the whole time. DJ Reign was just asking if he could possibly scratch, but I dont think its going to be settup that way.
That sure would be cooleo though.

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "Kanchii"DJ Caen is djing the whole time. DJ Reign was just asking if he could possibly scratch, but I dont think its going to be settup that way.
Both 8-ball and Reign lay it down hard on the set however Im feeling weary now about this dance and its variety or lack of.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"
Quote from: "Kanchii"DJ Caen is djing the whole time. DJ Reign was just asking if he could possibly scratch, but I dont think its going to be settup that way.
Both 8-ball and Reign lay it down hard on the set however Im feeling weary now about this dance and its variety or lack of.
OUCH!
I enjoy both of their djing.  I groove most of them too.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Kanchii

... I think having one DJ is fine.

IamTetsuo

No dance on Friday and Sunday makes me a sad panda.  :(

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Kanchii"... I think having one DJ is fine.
I don't know about that..................

Quote from: "IamTetsuo"No dance on Friday and Sunday makes me a sad panda.  :(
Heh..... I don't know why they decided to not to have dances on friday and sunday.  I heard about that finance problem issue I hear about having more dj (thanks to that drama crap happening on that thread) .I make dance circles everywhere I go  :lol: .
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

caelque

As far as I know, there is going to be a dance all 3 major nights. I have told them I can handle all 3 nights.

As far as those of you worried about no variety with only one DJ... well that's something you get with a DJ who doesn't know what he/she is doing or how to please people.

I prefer to not have to really prove myself in words, so show up to the dance, if you don't like what's being played at that time, come back in an hour or two and it'll prolly be different.