Help on Halloween Costume! Custom SnJ Sasuke

Started by uzutake, October 21, 2006, 11:29:21 PM

uzutake

Okie, tomorrow, my mom and I are gonna devote 3-4 hours to shopping for my halloween costume/cosplay. I shall be my own design of SnJ Sasuke. Lame, but his hair is so fun to do, and I cant wait to see the faces of those little Naruto nerdy fans at my school stare bewildered XDD

I live near Eastridge btw, in San Jose. So any place in that area would be great.

So yeah, I need maybe a good place that sells wigs(my mom has one in mind, but we have hours, so it'll be nice to have some more options :D). Something that wont tangle easily(PARTY CITY SUCKORZZ....>.>. At least for the wig that I bought x___x). And will be easy to cut and stylized into Sasuke's hair style.

Then I'll be needing some place that would sell some cheap fabric(or cheap shirts) for his Uchiha symbol on the back and/or his dark blue/black shirt (not sure about which one I'll be yet...proabably blue though, since Sasuke hasnt shown up in his black outfit here in America yet...at least from what I've heard O_O). I was thinking Goodwill?

Then his socks/leg-warmer thingies. WHERE IN THE WORLD DO I GET LEGWARMERS?! My friend's told me that there was this one booth at Eastridge that had them, but they left after like a week TT___TT. If I cant find leg-warmers, then what can I use as an alternative? Would Tube Socks work? Stripey black-and-white socks?

Also, face paint or crayons? I think I might try doing somewhat of the curse seal(not sure, looks like hard work). So is this a good idea? And if it is, which one should I use?

Please help if you can. And remember that I only have a few hours to do this and it has to be in the area. Oh yeah, and the cheapest price please. Any other help or ideas on a SnJ Sasuke would be greatly appreciated as well. I just barely have an idea of what it'll be like.

This is the first time I will be making a costume, so I'm very excited but nervous because I really dont know how to work stuff like this. >.<

Thanks for taking the time to read this heck o' a long post, and cookies to those who give help. :3

Moogleborg

Face paint sounds like a good idea if you want to make the cursed seal! ^^ You could mostly make a nice little template of the cursed seal, place it over an area of your neck, paint it, and then let it dry! ^^

As for wigs...I dunno....i'm looking for a good place to get a wig for a possible Rock Lee cosplay i'm planning as well! ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.