Group Registration is Up!

Started by MPLe, October 24, 2006, 04:23:39 PM

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

UnReal31337

I have to tell the club president, I'm so excited for my second con.
[Will update soon]

pentaG_diagonal

I actually just sent you an e-mail about this, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who might ask this question so I'll recap here.

Group registration went up just today, 10/24. This means we have one week until October 31st. I know you said here that you would keep the price up for at least 2 week when group reg goes up -
"...if for some reason, October 31st comes and passes and group reg isn't up, I will keep the group registration at the current price point for at least two weeks when it does come up."

But....later you said :
"Going against what I said earlier, there will be no extention for the discount. Originally, group registration was scheduled to open next month, but I've been able to work out something and allow a week at the old rate." :shock: :!:

So it seems to be pretty solid that we only have one week for the $40 price :(.

As a high school anime club president that meets on Mondays, I have told my members to get their money into me by the 30th - the last Monday before Halloween. And really, payment shouldn't be an issue since I would have Monday and Tuesday to turn in the money. HOWEVER, my school's student body only issues checks on WEDNESDAYS, meaning that the earliest I will have a check ready to be paid to you guys will be on November 1st :!: This is crucial since some members have paid through check, and MUST issue the check to my high school, which then goes into our club account, which will then be paid to you.

I really think this is unfair to my members because they now will have to pay an extra $5 - we might be able to pay it FOR them if we sell sushi well but I still feel that it's unfair to my members because normally that money would go to THEM to spend at fanime (we give the members with highest attendance at the end of the year spending money for fanime from candy/sushi/pocky sales).

I'm not asking to be made an exception and given an extension - that would be unfair to other anime clubs who might not get one, or to any other group who has to pay extra simply because they paid from Nov. 1st - 7th. But, if you could talk to the higher-ups and try to give us that extra week back for the $40 price...I think that might help us all out a lot. Please try your best :D? Thank you so much for taking the time to help us out and for reading this. We're all looking forward to Fanime 2007 - we're already planning our cosplay ♥!

Anna H.
IHS Anime Club President 2006-2007

kidoairaku

I'm sorry to bother, but I have a question about the group registrations site.
It seems the system can't remember the account I have created. I'm not sure whether I'm forgetting to do something of not...
I fill in the information and add a couple members... and I update the info and intend to save it for later when I add more. But when I try to log in, it says that the system can't log me in... and if I try to create another account with the exact same username, it doesn't say that the username's been taken beforehand or anything.
nothing but a dreamer...

Tony

Quote from: "kidoairaku"I'm sorry to bother, but I have a question about the group registrations site.
It seems the system can't remember the account I have created. I'm not sure whether I'm forgetting to do something of not...
I fill in the information and add a couple members... and I update the info and intend to save it for later when I add more. But when I try to log in, it says that the system can't log me in... and if I try to create another account with the exact same username, it doesn't say that the username's been taken beforehand or anything.
Please email me as soon as you can at [email protected] or [email protected]. I'll check to see if there's anything wrong...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014