Karaoke '07

Started by zoupzuop2, November 12, 2006, 09:04:57 PM

zoupzuop2

Just starting up the new thread...

This thread will be, unless/until someone formulates a better thread for it than I, the discussion thread for Karaoke '07 discussion (NOT to be confused with Signups, announcements, or etc. from Galewolf or anyone who's involved in more ways than merely participating). I'll start up the ceremonies...

I've got a few possibilities for songs I could sing next year, and THIS time not on a full stomach (thus, without "seizures" like last year). They are:

*Ranma ½: Kawaiikune, Irokega Ne
*Ranma ½: It's Love (by Rabbit)
*Initial D: Forever Young (by SYMBOL)
*John Desire: Yozora No Muko (Yeah, I know my last attempt was an absolute horror, but this time it's closer to my range)

Anyone else planning ahead? Or am I just thinking too far into the future?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Akira Miyamoto

I'm hoping I can do better with singing next year, though my performances this year were not as disgraceful as last year's fiasco, I could've done WAY better. I plan to enter the contest, just for kicks, and the songs I'm doing are:

Shissou (TV Size) by LAST ALLIANCE or Longing by Gackt

and (god forbid if I actually WIN a spot in the finals)

Open Your Mind ~Chiisana Hane Hirogete~ by Ishida Youko or Shissou by LAST ALLIANCE (if I don't sing it first)

As for what I'm going to sing out of contest, only one song is definate and I'll be singing it with God91125- We'll be doing a duet of Sakura Kiss by Chieco Kawabe...bring earplugs.
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

God91125

Ah how right you are my friend. Don't forget the other list of songs we may preform.As my friend said bring earplugs.

As for the contest next year,which I'll be entering I will be doing...actuly I have a very long list so I haven't narrowed it down yet.But for sure I will sing.

Katakoto no koi from Chobits(Tanaka Rie)

I can't decide if I want that to be my first song or not either. As for my second song I still have no idea I've narrowed it down to about 10 songs which I can sing pretty well(meaning well by my crappy standards)

Bah I'll see how the year goes still 5 months and 28 days...damn.

arcadiapandora

I was really disapointed this year at Fanime that I missed sign ups for the contest. I was really confused about the time and...well it just didn't happen.

So I'll be way more than ready for 07 I think <3.

Snake Eater from MGS3 went over pretty well with the crowd at AOD, so I'd like to do that if there's a karaoke track available. I was able to bring my own CD at AOD (Will be be able to do that at Fanime, in case they don't have a non-vocal track available?) so I was pretty happy with that.

Other songs I'd be looking to sing would probably be Onore Michi from Gokusen, but it's pretty rare and I haven't been able to find instrumental either. Those are my top two right now, and then I've got a secret weapon tucked away for AX Idol ;D that may make it's debut at Fanime, depending on how the competition is going and what tracks are available. :D

So excited so excited <3 <3
<3

Nina Star 9

haha... this year, my goal is to sing more than one song. XD;; i only got in one last year, and it made me sad. ;_; (hakoniwa by amano tsukiko, in case anyone was curious. i think i sang it friday night. i was also the random chick that sang koe in the masquerade...)

i will have to complie my list for next year. and~ i really need to come up with contest songs, as i could not enter last year.

i will probably do B.G. ~black guitar + berry garden~, though, as i have wanted to do that song forever now. >>;

ip136

Mew.. I'mma try in the competition again.. I mean, first year it was 5th, last year it was 4th place.. third times a charm...right? *puppy dog eyes*
But I do know that one song will be
Half Pain - Witch Hunter Robin...

Dunno about the other one yet

But I do want to sing:
Lilium from Elfen Lied
and of course.. if I get tipsy/andor gutsy enough I WILL go up there and perform...
the ultimate of awesome....

ENGLISH POKEMON SEASON ONE SONG! I wanna be. the very best. Like no one ever waaaaaaaaas! XP ahem. ^^;
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Loco:Neko

hehe!  i'm excited.  my friends and i are gonna actually go to the karaoke room this year.  it's kinda funny cause we'd always say we'd go, but we never did.  this year's different since i'll be driving so i can be like "if you don't sing, you can't go home".  :P  

i'm really excited cause i get to hear everyone and stuff.  WEEE! can't wait!!!

Michi

I was sick last year and lost my voice so no karaoke for me. T_T Hopefully I can do it this year! I might be interested in the contest, too.. I dunno.
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "Loco:Neko"hehe!  i'm excited.  my friends and i are gonna actually go to the karaoke room this year.

I am pleased to announce that karaoke has its own room for this year. We'll be in Room C of the convention center.

zoupzuop2

YAYZ! Galewolf's back!

I probably will end up not doing "It's Love" from Rabbit this year, seeing as the speed at which the singer speaks Japanese is faster than I can TYPE English. 0_o Sorry, I'm a gaijin man, english lyx plzkthx.

I might be doing some Parapara songs, especially from the HI-NRG Attack Catalogue, such as:

*Ganguro
*Bazooka Pistolero
*DisCow MosCow

But I'll cross that bridge when I get there. :)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Loco:Neko

Quote from: "GaleWolf"
Quote from: "Loco:Neko"hehe!  i'm excited.  my friends and i are gonna actually go to the karaoke room this year.

I am pleased to announce that karaoke has its own room for this year. We'll be in Room C of the convention center.

SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!  Thank you GaleWolf!!!!    :D

Makou

You, the Higurashi theme song.
Hmm...
Colors - Code Geass (Maybe)
Mosaic Kakeru - Code Geass (uber maybe)
Seasons something - That one guy... uuuh... Hyde, I think.

RyannBTW

I have a lit of nine that I will start trimming down to four or five options as soon as I find this "banned songs" list I keep hearing about.  I don't hink there's anything wrong with them, but it doesn't hurt to be sure, and it will help the process along.

Three of the songs are from Saiyuki.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

yumicchi88

This is going to be my first time participating in Karaoke contest. Im thinking of

Kiss me good Bye (Angela Aki)- FFXII
God Knows... (Aya Hirano)- Meloncholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
This Love (Angela Aki)
or
Pray (Tommy Heavenly6)- Gintama

2 out of those.. now the thing is if i can find the karaoke versions of these...
is doing different song of same artist ok, right?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

bahamutknightzero

I'm very new to this Karaoke area, so.....how are the songs chosen? I have a feeling that I might end up being dragged up by my friend (She did it the last two years), so I ask as some sort of heads up/precaution.

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "bahamutknightzero"I'm very new to this Karaoke area, so.....how are the songs chosen? I have a feeling that I might end up being dragged up by my friend (She did it the last two years), so I ask as some sort of heads up/precaution.

We have song books organized by series and artist that you can look through to pick the song you want. Or you can bring your own CD.

kuroi

I'm hoping that between all the running around I'll be doing this year that I'll get to spend some time in the kareoke room. I have a feeling I'll need to bring along some of the songs I want to sing, as they're kinda obscure. ^_^

+Kiss From a Rose - Angela Aki
+Tooi Kono Machi De - Naomi Kaitani
+Reason - Fornegenico
+Houki Boshi - Younha

and if my friend makes it, we'll try to do our duet of God Knows, which you may or may not want to bring earplugs for, as I end up a fourth, which sounds like a train wreck at times.

Here's to hoping I can get my Pokemon cosplay group to get up there and do the english Pokemon theme! ^_^
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

yumicchi88

Flavor of Life - Utada Hikaru
Love So Sweet- Arashi
Planetarum (i think spelling is wrong)- Ootsuka ai
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

lycan510

i was thinking of bringing my band, and doing broken rose or starless night from nana.

Air guitar and other air instruments of course.
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

zoupzuop2

Current updated roster:

*Running In The 90's--Max Coveri
*Kawaiikune, Irokega Ne--Ranma ½
*Ganguro--Franz Tornado
More might come, and/or I'll pick my "competition two" soon...