Black and White Masquerade Ball in '07?

Started by boots01, November 14, 2006, 04:35:19 AM

Would you be interested in attending?

yes - black and white ball? where's my egl outfit...?
27 (77.1%)
no - ballroom dancing... you're kidding right?
2 (5.7%)
maybe - it's different, i'll give you that.
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: November 14, 2006, 04:35:19 AM

boots01

There's a rumor going around that there may be a Black and White Masquerade Ball, as well as a mask making workshop and ballroom dancing lessons at Fanime in 2007.
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

Tetsunai

I would definately take the ballroom dancing lesson. I need to learn badly x_x

Nina Star 9

that would be fun. and thankfully, i tend to like costumes that are either black or black and white. <3

now to learn to dance with a 12 foot train...

BunofGovt

Ninjas already wear black.  Ninja ballroom dancing.  Now that's something I'd be interested in ...
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "BunofGovt"Ninjas already wear black.  Ninja ballroom dancing.  Now that's something I'd be interested in ...
that would be highly amusing. i love that.

Krnchichiri

Quote from: "BunofGovt"Ninjas already wear black.  Ninja ballroom dancing.  Now that's something I'd be interested in ...
xD I would LOVE to see that.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Voiddarkness

I WILL attend the ballroom dancing if it is available.  I love ballroom dance, and I've taken classes.  I know West coast, East coast (swing), Tango, Waltz, Lindy hop, Salsa, Cha-Cha, pretty much anything learned at a college-level beginning ballroom class with a little extra classes that I attend during the night.  I want to do West coast with people at Fanime! I'll be Inuyasha, and Ryuk, maybe Duo.....
..........okay....

arcadiapandora

That sounds like fun! It'd be an excuse to make a really awesome dress and buy a new corset... :)
<3

Krnchichiri

>.> And also...
Maybe have lessons with THE OPPOSITE SEX. LE GASP.

Yes'm. I suck at social event and relations. -_-;;
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

OniCourseMusha

I wanted to learn ballroom dancing wit my gf so we can have a romantic moment.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

BunofGovt

Quote from: "boots01"There's a rumor going around that there may be a Black and White Masquerade Ball, as well as a mask making workshop and ballroom dancing lessons at Fanime in 2007.

So if there are lessons, will we need to come in pairs for the lessons?  I'll be there with friends but none of them may want to take lessons.  Will there be spare dancing partners available, do you think? :oops:
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

boots01

rumor has it that there will be an instructor giving lessons.  i'm sure that should someone need a partner, the instructor would be happy to lend a hand.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Kouri Neko

I know my boyfriend and I would have a totally fun time with this.  Hopefully it happens.
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Kay-chan

I love ballroom dancing, or what I've learned...

But do we have to be dressed in black and white? :(  I have few outfits like that and I just don't have the time to make a new one to be 'cosplaying' in the correct colors. :(
How come, on the commercials, there's all these people accepting medicine for their bloats/whatever from strangers?  Who are they and why haven't they died yet? Come ON, Darwin, do yo shiz!

boots01

the rumors i'm hearing now are that it's going to be more of a formal type of ball where the predominate colors would be black and white, but as cosplay isn't always black and white, it sounds like the idea is focus more on the costume aspect rather than the specific black and white aspect.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

BrightHeart76

I really hope they do this.  I'm looking forward to cosplay and all, but it'd be nice to actually have a reason to dress like a girl for a little bit.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

veggieq

Is cosplaying a requirement because I might not be dressing up in black and white. XD  The formality of it is reasonable and I understand that part.

If the black and white cosplay isn't required, then I can go and I'm looking forward to it!! <3

boots01

i believe that the idea is to be in a "costume" of some sort, with it being on the formal side.  one could argue that a tux/gown etc. is a "costume" i suppose...
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

veggieq

Ooh, I understand now. Thank you boots. :3

Lady_Hoshi

Is the ball still for formal cosplay of any color?

I've had an idea to do a certain cosplay for years and it looks like I will finally do it this year.  The only thing is my dress will be lavendar and my partner's outfit will be blue.
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown