Black and White Masquerade Ball in '07?

Started by boots01, November 14, 2006, 04:35:19 AM

Would you be interested in attending?

yes - black and white ball? where's my egl outfit...?
27 (77.1%)
no - ballroom dancing... you're kidding right?
2 (5.7%)
maybe - it's different, i'll give you that.
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: November 14, 2006, 04:35:19 AM

Oniko

darn I have no time to make a fancy cosplay dress or I would have.  Theres normally someone selling different kimono types in the dealers room every year, I figure I could buy one and wear that if it's considered "formal wear"
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: "Oniko"darn I have no time to make a fancy cosplay dress or I would have.  Theres normally someone selling different kimono types in the dealers room every year, I figure I could buy one and wear that if it's considered "formal wear"

Yeah, you could, but do you realize how expensive those are? I mean, we're talking at least $100, at a minimum, and then you have to find the right size. Believe me, there was this one formal Chinese wear one year, and it was a half way decent price, but it didn't fit. That's the big problem.

So I'd say if you don't have time to MAKE a formal cosplay, just slightly adjust one of your present or past cosplays, or take a spin off by using formal wear you've already got. I'm doing that, and so far it's working out great.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

Oniko

Quote from: "*Sesshie's* Nina"
Quote from: "Oniko"darn I have no time to make a fancy cosplay dress or I would have.  Theres normally someone selling different kimono types in the dealers room every year, I figure I could buy one and wear that if it's considered "formal wear"

Yeah, you could, but do you realize how expensive those are? I mean, we're talking at least $100, at a minimum, and then you have to find the right size. Believe me, there was this one formal Chinese wear one year, and it was a half way decent price, but it didn't fit. That's the big problem.

So I'd say if you don't have time to MAKE a formal cosplay, just slightly adjust one of your present or past cosplays, or take a spin off by using formal wear you've already got. I'm doing that, and so far it's working out great.

Dont think I'm creative enough.  I have some "nice" clothes but duno if I want to bring them.  The fanciest thing I have would have to be my prom dress (havnt wore that in 4 years HA) which I'm not sure I could even fit into or if it'll be too much.  

Besides I've wanted a kimono for a long time now.  this might be a good excuess to get one.  If you have any ideas to throw my way though, on adding things to regular clothes I'd love to listen to them.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Okach

Staff Instructor since 2010. 
Staff Marketing Lead since 2018
Staff Marketing Second

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

RyannBTW

Quote from: "Okach"So how'd it go?  Good, bad, meh?
I liked it better than the rave(s), honestly.  I just wish I had been able to make the dance lesson.

That's my suggestion for next year: make more opportunity for lessons.  Some of us have panels/contests/what have you to go to.  I'm not saying 24-7, but maybe three lesson periods spread throughout the day or something.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Okach"So how'd it go?  Good, bad, meh?
HAHA! I haven't danced wit anyone including slow dancing since my Senior Prom!  It's great addition to fanime!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Eri Kagami

I loved it!

Please bring this event back again for 2008 and future Fanime's! XD