Parapara Workshop!

Started by serajwl, November 25, 2006, 01:22:26 PM

serajwl

Hey guys!

Lately I've been learning a few Parapara type-dances and I think they're a lot of fun, but I think they would be more fun with MORE people!

So I toyed with the idea that maybe we could have a workshop dedicated to learning the basics of parapara and maybe even one or two dances.

I think it would be fun to teach the dances, but it would be hard to do on my own. I bet there are a few para people out there :D

So anybody interested? Maybe we could even perform it somewhere in the Con :3

I have the ParaparaParadise sound track, so I have all the music we'll ever need.

Some Parapara in case you've never seen it before

RyuHayabusa

I would be interested in attending, Sera, since I didn't attend the para para panel that was held 3 years ago at the westin/santa clara convention center.

I always wanted to learn how to para para right lol XD
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Kaori

I mentioned that in another topic! XD Dude, I'm so in! I want to learn, because looking at websites...it makes no sense!
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

serajwl

Haha. Awesome! Parapara is a lot of fun though! What's not to make sense? XD

Kaori

Quote from: "serajwl"Haha. Awesome! Parapara is a lot of fun though! What's not to make sense? XD

I dunno....I just don't get it....>__< Seriously, when the arrows and moves make sense.....I'll let you know...
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

serajwl

Just bumping this up for more people to read...

Anybody else down?

SohmaYuki

ParaPara has been dead for years though. It was a fad that officially died in Japan last year(though it tried its hardest to last).

There's little secret to para para. It's based on small movements(side stepping is only about 5inches in each direction) and are movements are supposed to be fluid and njot grandiose.

Lizchan33

I love the psycho le cemu para para!!!
soooo much fun <3

zoupzuop2

Woohoo~! Bring on the HI-NRG Attack!

Actually, although the fad IS dying down (if not, in fact, dead) in Japan, it's certainly shown at least a SPARK of life here in America. The fact that there are teams here in America that still do it (one of which actually performed at an AVEX-sponsored event), should show that there's a small fanbase for it. Otherwise Eurobeat would be a moot product in the music world. (Side-plug: HI-NRG Attack will have two or more new albums on iTunes pretty soon! SWEEEEEET!)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Ari

Lmao I would so love to go! XD

serajwl

Quote from: "SohmaYuki"ParaPara has been dead for years though. It was a fad that officially died in Japan last year(though it tried its hardest to last).

There's little secret to para para. It's based on small movements(side stepping is only about 5inches in each direction) and are movements are supposed to be fluid and njot grandiose.

Ah, I never really kept up with fads and whatnot.

It's just fun.

I'm not too worried over what's big in Japan or anything, I heard that disco and Elvis are big over there though XD

abcbadcat

My girlfriend was obsessed with para about a year ago.

She memorized many routines.

Im pretty sure she remembers most of them.

She showed me a few dances but... kinda embarassed to do them infront of other people lol.

cherryteagirl

If there was a Para Para Workshop/Panel @ Fanime, I would definitely attend!!  ^^

zoupzuop2

BAZOOKA PISTOLERO~!

In fact, LOTS of Franz Tornado!
If you'd like a list of some good ones, let me know. ;3
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Sana

AbsolutelyCursed

If this happens at Fanime, I would definitely attend.

DshadowSakura

Quote from: cherryteagirl on October 26, 2007, 01:07:11 PM
If there was a Para Para Workshop/Panel @ Fanime, I would definitely attend!!  ^^
I second that!

Nina Star 9

I have been unable to go the last however many times there was one, but I would love to go if there are any again. I'm not as into it as I once was (even then I horribly sucked), but I would still like to learn.

fullmetalneko

Yeah its kinda odd for guys to do Para Para since a good portion of the dances designed by Avex involve very feminine movements.  Sometimes not only would they look ridiculous for a guy to do, some they just can't do to the way our hip sockets are made. 

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard getting one of these going for this year.  =}  Particularly since there is already enough interest in this thread thus far to justify one.  =}
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

abcbadcat

Supprisingly there were quite a few people last year who had memorized the routines and thats awesome.