The MOE thread!

Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

Chun

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I like my new sig. 4000 hrs in MS PAINT. :P

Finding ShizNat pics on the net took me a while. I had to get this one off a french anime fansite lol XD.

Sometimes NSFW, but here?

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Spiritsnare

I've got a sig now. ^^;
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I've got a sig now. ^^;

Stop rubbing in the straplessness of my cell :(

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I've got a sig now. ^^;

Stop rubbing in the straplessness of my cell :(

But it's not exactly apparent what it is, just looking at the pic. <3

Either way, consider this revenge for getting a Chisa plush. For free, I might add. <3
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

I'm still surprised nobody has claimed Hisui/Kohaku yet. They're another awesome pair.

Lisu

Chun, link directly to danbooru images? definitely NSFW

As for me, I think I will use almost every opportunity I can in order to use Touhou characters. Now, it might be the pixel phantom influence, but I simply like this pair.
1 rabbit is good, 2 is awesome.
Also the senior of the pair (however defined by the source). It is usually outlined as Tewi being (probably) older and the superior, yet smaller and weaker...also a midstage boss.  Reisen, on the other hand, looking older, and being a boss with the 3rd (arguable) best theme music.
Jumbling of status vs. appearances is good for this moe.

Tsubasa

There we go.  Now that's an avvy. =3  Kinda jaggedy though.  I opted for the most cross-browser compatibility and did indexed-color instead of alpha channel transparency.  For you peoples using IE, shame on you.

Anyway, my pair is Sakura and Tomoyo of Card Captor Sakura.  A perennial favorite of mine.  Sakura is the genki, innocent little girl who grows up emotionally throughout the series.  Tomoyo is the one who always stands besides her making costumes, supporting her, and just being the best friend a little girl could ever have.  Their relationship represents absolute trust, complete familiarity, and deep affection.

And perhaps there's a tinge of complexity in their relationship too.  Tomoyo loves Sakura (if you want to argue otherwise, you obviously haven't read the manga).  Sakura, being the innocent, naïve girl we all love, is completely dense to this.  Besides, her cannon love interest is Li Syaoran.  Tomoyo, being more perfect than any real person could ever be, whole-heartedly supports her Sakura-chan's relationship with Syaoran despite the obvious consequence of losing any potential for a romantic relationship with her.  But Tomoyo readily accepts this because what makes her happiest is simply seeing the one she loves happy.  I find something truly beautiful and maybe a bit sad about the whole arrangement; even though Tomoyo herself is completely fine with it.

Thus I present: Kinomoto Sakura + Daidouji Tomoyo for moe pairing week.

And as a general comment about the pairs: all are very nice.  I especially like the Nanoha + Fate and Reisen + Tewi.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Magical Senpai

I'm a bit late on this but:

My chosen pair is not a pair of maids *GASP* but of the twin sisters of Momotsuki Academy Class 1-A, Yuna and Yuma Kashiwagi. The reason is simple: although they look alike, Yuma is the outgoing, energetic one, while her sister Yuna is the more quiet, introverted type. It's all about the contrast these two have.

LastElixir

Quote from: "Richie Likes Maids"I'm a bit late on this but:

My chosen pair is not a pair of maids *GASP* but of the twin sisters of Momotsuki Academy Class 1-A, Yuna and Yuma Kashiwagi. The reason is simple: although they look alike, Yuma is the outgoing, energetic one, while her sister Yuna is the more quiet, introverted type. It's all about the contrast these two have.

YES!

j

Lisu

Hey, I was questioning if we were going to do the usual for the next moe, not because some of us aren't there for the usual picking, but more of a seasonal thing. Santa/Christmas, or just get another from the list?

mDuo13

Hmm, a santa/holiday theme would be interesting, but most girls aren't actually santa-like all the time, so it wouldn't be a character-based me; more of a specific-artpiece moe. No matter what, we can discuss the finer points of sexy santa suits. ;)

P.S. phone conversations with fanimafia members are kind of awkward.

Spiritsnare

We have another from the list. Whether or not you want to find an image of her in a Santa outfit is up to you~.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

I'm so ready for next week's moe. p.s. who got Akiko again? I stumbled across a gem for you.

p.p.s. I posted this from Wii internet channel.

Chun

Quote from: "mDuo13"I'm so ready for next week's moe. p.s. who got Akiko again? I stumbled across a gem for you.

p.p.s. I posted this from Wii internet channel.

P.P.P.S. Wii were waiting for you :(.

mDuo13

Yeah, I'm sorry. I was pretty tired and I had second thoughts about bringing my friend's Wii places without really asking him first.

Rest assured that it'll make it to the 30th though.

Emerge

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"...as some moes - such as traps - are actually turn-offs to some.

you will burn in a horrible fire. caused by me. :evil:

Magical Senpai

I have a feeling on what this weeks theme is...I claim Weda from Hale Nochi Guu.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Richie Likes Maids"I have a feeling on what this weeks theme is...I claim Weda from Hale Nochi Guu.

Already taken, I believe.

You're on the right track, though.
epic progressive

vox

Magical Senpai

In that case...is Hatsuho from Onegai Teacher left unclaimed?

Spiritsnare

Since everyone's going to be busy throughout the day, I might as well post the moe.

19. MILFs

Spiritsnare: Akiko Minase (Kanon)
Gubaba: Weda (Hale+Guu)
Sunara: Takamachi Momoko (Nanoha series)
mDuo13: Ama-san (Shuffle!)
Chun: Fumio Usui (Karin)
Tsubasa: Lindy Hallaoun (Nanoha series)
LastElixir: Sayoko (Mahoraba)
Ryu: Masane (Witchblade)
Amol: Julia Murai (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Richie: Hatsuho (Onegai Teacher)
Lisu: Chigusa Sakai (Shakugan no Shana)

Personally, I represent Akiko as an awesome mom, but not one who I'd actually like to screw (even though we know she'd go 'APPROVED!1!' without thinking it through first). Thus, I suppose my warped definition of MILF, going against the actual acronym, would be a mother who's so hot/cute/moe that she's F-able, but the question of whether or not you'd actually want to do it is up in the air.

As for the next drawing? I'd say we can do it during the gathering on the 30th?
epic progressive

vox