Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

LastElixir

souseiseki-ness = effin win

wheres the hat though? tall hat = moe

also, boku girls with girly expressions = moe

j

Spiritsnare

YES

FINALLY IT SHALL BE LOCALIZED AND PRESENTED TO US WITH A BETTER VIDEO QUALITY THAN THE R2 RELEASE ♥
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

just watched hapinesu (aka that magical moe show with a trap and lots of fluff) and wow, it was pretty craptastic. Theres a cute girl, a typical guy, a trap, and lots of odd cheesy magic which takes 50% of the airtime with no much else. .............Yea... ..exaaaactly

j

Tsubasa

The Happiness! anime is pretty cheap and unspectacular.  If anything, I'm only really watching for Jun.  I'll probably play the game someday instead.

The better choices for eroge-turned-anime this season are Kanon & Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru if you ask me.  Even Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na is a pretty ho-hum adaptation.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

Quote from: "Tsubasa"The Happiness! anime is pretty cheap and unspectacular.  If anything, I'm only really watching for Jun.  I'll probably play the game someday instead.

The better choices for eroge-turned-anime this season are Kanon & Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru if you ask me.  Even Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na is a pretty ho-hum adaptation.

yea, i have otoboku DLed and its on my list. I guess ill check out ep1. as for ruriiro, i glanced the first 16 so min and its by far a better start than happiness.

j

Tsubasa

Current moe seiyuu ranking:
1. Minami Omi
2. Yukana
3. Horie Yui

Minami Omi can never get too much <3. XD
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

its almost monday, u know wut dat means...

j

Sunara Ishi

yes, yes.... I do.

>.<
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

So, starting today, we'll be donning weekly graphics -- that is, avatars and/or sigs -- set to a specific theme. Themes will change weekly (specifically, every Monday), and are decided at random (through a dice generator) every Friday. In addition, the week will also encourage talk about that moe in this thread.

Moes are randomly selected from a list of (at the time of this writing) 82 classifications, which range from meganekko to drunken onee-sans and everything in-between. Nothing will be selected twice. The list will not be published, so we can keep everything a surprise.

Graphic subjects, or characters, will be handled on a first-come first-serve basis; claim the character before others do. Some characters will be reserved beforehand, when we roll to find out what the next theme is on Friday. You choose whether or not to participate when we update, as some moes - such as traps - are actually turn-offs to some.

So, without further ado, let me introduce the first moe:

character featured is Manaka Komaki of ToHeart 2

Iincho (å§"å"¡é•·): class representative. A position assigned to one student per class in Japanese compulsory schooling. Duties include announcing the standard bowing salutation for instructors, taking command in class-wide activities, handling print-outs of assignments, etc. Also known by its full name gakkyu iincho or its shortened version, gakkyuiin.

Charming points: authority, respectability, dependability

Commonly associated moes: meganekko, bookworm, ojou

-=-

Currently Reserved names are in Western order

Tsubasa: Manaka Komaki (ToHeart 2)
LastElixir: Mion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Amol: Horaki Hikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Sunara: Ichijo-san (Paniponi Dash!)
Spiritsnare: Chiyo Mihama (Azumanga Daioh)
Ryu: Ayaka Yukihiro (Negima series)
Lisu: Tomoe Kashiwaba (Rozen Maiden)
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

RyuHayabusa

I posted mine friday night.

<---she's SO MOEEEEEE :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Lisu

And so it begins...
I chose Tomoe from Rozen Maiden.
The attraction is in the type on iincho that she is.  They kind that though they carry out their duties, they care little, and sometimes resent the position.
Playing in on the stoic-ness sometimes, but those not-so-thrilled types of iincho's I like.

Tsubasa

In accordance to this week's theme, lets discuss some:

Not a bad one to begin with.  It is a classic, timeless moe.  A staple in any kind of ren'ai anime/manga/game.

Iincho is generally not a particuarily notable moe for me. It has to be in conjunction with other moes to click: bookworm, ojou, tsundere, etc.  My character of the week, Komaki Manaka, is a character I've been moe-ing for a while now.  In her case, it's the doji (clumsiness), and shyness/social akwardness that gets to me. <3
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

good summary matty. chea chea

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"My character of the week, Komaki Manaka, is a character I've been moe-ing for a while now.  In her case, it's the doji (clumsiness), and shyness/social akwardness that gets to me. <3

Manaka is also someone I'm very fond of. Unfortunately, the moment I announced what the result was, we immediately clashed, and I had to let go of her because Tsubasa lent me the game in the first place. T_T It hasn't stopped me from featuring her in this week's banner, however.

So, this week, I've picked the ever infamous Chiyo-chan. She was actually my first anime moe, because she was incredibly cute, klutzy, and kept her innocence even when skipping grades. Combine her with Osaka and you've got one helluva duo.

I also agree that iincho by itself isn't a powerful moe. It really does need something extra to push it to 萌え‼ status.
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

I normally focus on personality traits rather than status. I automatically choose Ichigo since she's my favorite iincho character. Manaka is also awesome. >.< I like Ichigo for her excentricity...

As for the category... I don't mind characters in that category but it doesn't automatically click for me. Like tsubasa, it has to be with other traits as well.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

LastElixir

after searching for an iinchou, i decided to go with mion because shes just too crazy, and she can definately kick your ass. plus shes an iinchou of some school in the country side, with like k-12 in one class. plus she has green hair... yeaaa green hair

j

Chun

To be honest, the first thought that came to my mind when I heard "Iincho" I thought of the Buchou from Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~. Though not the traditional stand-up and class duty leader, iincho characters also have a tendency to ask protagonists and such to, in a somewhat bossy manner, do tasks such as return the class role, or mop the floors as it is "his shift". Buchou is nothing like this unless for the fact she uses that authority as a way to get Tamami into doing her deeds. But as with most iincho characters, she has a very good heart, despite her desires and somewhat bossy behavior.

So, in other words,

Buchou is a Gothically Moe representative, with given traits accordingly.

Buchou is love.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LastElixir

Quote from: "Chun"To be honest, the first thought that came to my mind when I heard "Iincho" I thought of the Buchou from Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~. Though not the traditional stand-up and class duty leader, iincho characters also have a tendency to ask protagonists and such to, in a somewhat bossy manner, do tasks such as return the class role, or mop the floors as it is "his shift". Buchou is nothing like this unless for the fact she uses that authority as a way to get Tamami into doing her deeds. But as with most iincho characters, she has a very good heart, despite her desires and somewhat bossy behavior.

So, in other words,

Buchou is a Gothically Moe representative, with given traits accordingly.

Buchou is love.

~Chun

i always had a thing for buchou.

j

-zoxan-

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Currently Reserved names are in Western order

Tsubasa: Manaka Komaki (ToHeart 2)
LastElixir: Mion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Amol: Horaki Hikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Sunara: Ichijo-san (Paniponi Dash!)
Spiritsnare: Chiyo Mihama (Azumanga Daioh)
Ryu: Ayaka Yukihiro (Negima series)
Lisu: Tomoe Kashiwaba (Rozen Maiden)

Fix'd.

Kinda.

I'm pedo.

yah!

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~