Who do I contact for media spot.

Started by LordKefka, December 07, 2006, 12:49:04 AM

LordKefka

Hi, I work for animesou.com and I would like to go as media for Fanimecon 2007 so I can hopefully write a better article on the convention as a whole. I wrote a 2006 article already but it seems I was limited with what I can do. Is there an application or a person to contact? Thank you.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

FanFicGuru

It depends on the new Marketing director...at least I think that's the position that deals with the media. When the forms are ready you can apply as a member of the media and get a media pass, and if you get in early enough, schedule a short interview with one or more of the guests (I think you get 5 minutes...10 max...I'm not quite sure)

Anyways, it's a bit far off for that portion...when the main site goes up chances are there will be more information for media people.

^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Eri

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"It depends on the new Marketing director...

"the new marketing director"? Who's that? :P Someone get hired to do my job already so I can remember what life was like before I started working for Fanime? j/k! (note: I've been Marketing Manager/Director or whatever you want to call it for about a year now...)

Anyways, yes, the department that handles Media and Industry registration is under me (and my department), though I don't micromanage it. That's Press Department head's job; it only looks as if I do it too because the press dept head is never at the staff meetings...  

As for information about registration, preliminary info should be up in January. It will include info on when the registration period is, what you need to apply, how to apply, and where and who to ask if you need more info (that'd be Pam at [email protected]).

Posting in the forums or emailing me gets my attention if you need it.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Eri"

"the new marketing director"? Who's that? :P Someone get hired to do my job already so I can remember what life was like before I started working for Fanime? j/k! (note: I've been Marketing Manager/Director or whatever you want to call it for about a year now...)

Anyways, yes, the department that handles Media and Industry registration is under me (and my department), though I don't micromanage it. That's Press Department head's job; it only looks as if I do it too because the press dept head is never at the staff meetings...  

As for information about registration, preliminary info should be up in January. It will include info on when the registration period is, what you need to apply, how to apply, and where and who to ask if you need more info (that'd be Pam at [email protected]).

My apologies. I just wasn't sure if that position had been passed on to someone else.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LordKefka

Quote from: "Eri"

Thanks for the quick response. As for the early registration, what do I do about that? I know it's due by 12/31. Should I wait or just go ahead and pre-register?

This past convention was a mess for me. I wasn't even sure I was going to make it in time because of my finals. When I realized I could, the application for press was already passed. So the best I could do was cover a limited amount of things and events. That's why I am tyring to ask before hand and not a few weeks before the convention.

But I'll be looking forward to the updates regarding the press application and what not. I look forward to Fanimecon 2007 and I hope to receive your support. I will do my part write a even better article for the up coming convention.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Eri

Pre-registration for attendees won't officially end until March or April. 12/31/06 is a significant date for pre-reg because the price goes up on 1/1/07.

You don't need to register for Fanime as an attendee unless your application for a media badge has been rejected. Media and Industry badges have the same access as attendee badges (so no point in having an attendee badge if you have a media or industry badge). There hasn't been any official decision as to when the pre-reg period for media and industry is yet, but I think we're looking at having it start in February and end in April.

As a clarification (for everyone reading this thread), if you're covering Fanime in a reporting capacity, you need a media badge. We won't reject your application if you are legitimate press. If you're not, you're going to the attendee line :P

We will have on-site registration for media and industry in 2007, but we prefer that most of our media and industry do pre-registration.

FanFicGuru- it's cool.. I'm not the, uh, most vocal and/or visible of people.... :)
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

LordKefka

Quote from: "Eri"Pre-registration for attendees won't officially end until March or April. 12/31/06 is a significant date for pre-reg because the price goes up on 1/1/07.

You don't need to register for Fanime as an attendee unless your application for a media badge has been rejected. Media and Industry badges have the same access as attendee badges (so no point in having an attendee badge if you have a media or industry badge). There hasn't been any official decision as to when the pre-reg period for media and industry is yet, but I think we're looking at having it start in February and end in April.

As a clarification (for everyone reading this thread), if you're covering Fanime in a reporting capacity, you need a media badge. We won't reject your application if you are legitimate press. If you're not, you're going to the attendee line :P

We will have on-site registration for media and industry in 2007, but we prefer that most of our media and industry do pre-registration.

FanFicGuru- it's cool.. I'm not the, uh, most vocal and/or visible of people.... :)

Ok sounds good.

There should be no problem since the real name I register for media spot will be the same as the real name I have on the animesou.com website. I'll be in touch. Thank you.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

Hi again Eri. Just wondering what the status for media application is so far. Please email me at [email protected] if there are any updates. Thanks.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Eri

We're working on it. I'm hoping to have registration ready by the end of the month...

If you have questions, you can always email [email protected] or you can reach me through [email protected]
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

LordKefka

Alright great! I'll be sure to keep in touch. Thanks for the update.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor