How Many Rooms Are Left In The Hotels as of 5/15/07?

Started by PassingTheBuck, February 06, 2007, 12:27:14 PM

Which Hotel are you staying at?

Hilton Hotel
17 (45.9%)
Marriott Hotel
16 (43.2%)
St. Claire Hotel
3 (8.1%)
Crowne Plaza Hotel
1 (2.7%)
Fairmont Hotel
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: February 06, 2007, 12:27:14 PM

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Moonblossom"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Makes me want to verify that my rooms are secure. lol...

Heh, if we've got our confirmation emails and stuff, I'm assuming our rooms are definitely safe and guaranteed as requested?

Yeah, but I did some emailing and changed some stuff around.

Just don't want to show up with only one suite instead of the 2 I need.

I'm sure it's ok though.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

aah, okay.

I'm just really really looking forward to my nice king room at the Hilton, so I'm a little paranoid at the idea that things might not work out. ><''

random_idiot

What's the closest hotel to the convention?  I went last year but I forgot to look that stuff up... I want to get one that's the closest to the main floor where the dealers room and stuff is.  Also since I'm wearing tact gear for a costume...don't want to attract TOO much attention to myself...
~Random: Pissing the world off one person at a time~

Moonblossom

The Marriott and the Hilton both have connected walkways to the convention center, so I'd say that's pretty darned close.

random_idiot

Ha ha, I JUST looked that up as I read your post.  Yeah, that's pretty close.  The list updates every weekend right?  I'll have to check back and see what's available if my friends would get their gear together and answer me on how many rooms we need...

Moonblossom

Yeah, so far Craige's been really great at getting the numbers updated every weekend, usually Saturday nightish.

FanFicGuru

Better get on that pretty quick...the rooms are selling like mad. lol...

Fairmont suites for 135 a night? Dang...lucky. But Fairmont's pretty far yeah?
Swap meet staff - 2014

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Better get on that pretty quick...the rooms are selling like mad. lol...

It's about 500' away from the Marriott hotel or about 1/8th of a mile.

Craige....
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Better get on that pretty quick...the rooms are selling like mad. lol...

It's about 500' away from the Marriott hotel or about 1/8th of a mile.

Craige....

That's all? I never noticed...dang.

ah well. The Marriott suites will be fine. ^^
Swap meet staff - 2014

random_idiot

HA HA!!  Got my rooms!!  At least that's what the e-mail said...we'll actually see when I get there...

yillfu

the fairmont is also...the fairmont.  pretty upscale there.  went to an indian wedding there, off the hook.  just don't pull everything out of the mini bar fridge to store your 2-liters of soda or whatever, the charge for emptying the fridge is 450+ bucks.  of course if you put everything back it's ok, just don't consume whats in there =p.
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

yillfu

Quote from: "random_idiot"HA HA!!  Got my rooms!!  At least that's what the e-mail said...we'll actually see when I get there...

you should always call the hotel at least a day before you are scheduled to stay to confirm your reservation.  i wouldn't leave the state unless i knew there was a clean room waiting for me on the other end.  don't ever assume it's already gift wrapped for ya, 1 minute phone call could save you mucho trouble.
zomg play! is coming to fanime 2007!

mDuo13

Yeah, the Fairmont is way upscale. I shudder to think how they'd react to people in costumes.

Best part of Fanime con for me though is that it's so close I don't have to book a room.