Amenities at the Hilton?

Started by Moonblossom, February 07, 2007, 02:04:14 PM

Moonblossom

I'm just wondering, for anyone who stayed at the Hilton last year, what the rooms were like? Bathtub size, etc. Also, are there microwaves in any of the rooms?

I was told by the housing comission when I spoke to them on the phone (amazingly helpful people, btw) that the king rooms were listed as having microwaves, but I saw no mention of them on the Hilton website. It's not a problem if they don't, but it'd be nice if there's a chance I might get one.

Also, does anyone know what time the hot tubs closed normally in the evenings? I know these policies can change, but it'd be nice to have a rough idea from someone who was there last year.

Thanks!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Moonblossom"I'm just wondering, for anyone who stayed at the Hilton last year, what the rooms were like? Bathtub size, etc. Also, are there microwaves in any of the rooms?

I was told by the housing comission when I spoke to them on the phone (amazingly helpful people, btw) that the king rooms were listed as having microwaves, but I saw no mention of them on the Hilton website. It's not a problem if they don't, but it'd be nice if there's a chance I might get one.

Also, does anyone know what time the hot tubs closed normally in the evenings? I know these policies can change, but it'd be nice to have a rough idea from someone who was there last year.

Thanks!

This isn't based on my Fanime stay, but rather a recent stay of mine.

I was staying on one of the two executive (top) floors. From what I understand, they aren't REMARKABLY different from the other floors, save the window is floor to ceiling and wall to wall, and I believe there is slightly more square footage.

All the bathtubs are the same size except if you get the Presidential Suite. Or whatever their 'most expensive suite' is. Then you get a soaking tub and a separate shower. If the suites aren't listed in the reservation program you may want to try calling the hotel as their most expensive suites may take reservations earlier than regular rooms. Also, I think you're allowed to fit more people into the suite (like, 5 or 6?) legally than the other rooms (that have a max. occupancy of 4). So splitting the cost wouldn't be so painful. It would still be a few hundred per person, but considering the luxury, it may very well be worth it.

As far as microwaves, I can't say I remember seeing one in my room, and I was on the executive floor. I'm staying there again this Saturday so I will let you know more detail.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

Thanks :D We're two people on a budget, so the presidential suite's pretty much out of the question, we just got a standard king room.

Kender

Having stayed regularly at the Hilton for Fanime since 2004 I know a little bit about them... XD;...

Anywho microwave is not standard for any of the rooms I've stayed in, unfortunately.  But there are microwaves.  They're on a request, first come, first serve basis.  If you're arriving the day con starts you'll have a least likely chance of being able to request one ):.  But if you arrive the day before you shouldn't have a problem.  In fact this last year (2006) my group had been the first to request a microwave around mid-afternoon.  However if they're supposed to be standard for the King rooms I'd ask for that in writing.  That way you can show them you were promised one and they will, hopefully, be able to provide you with one if the room is sans one nuking tool :B.

Bathtub is... moderate size if memory serves.  It's not large by any means, but it's not small either.

The pool area closes... gwah... I think around 9pm?  I might be really off on that, though.  I only actually made use of them for the first time in 2006 because 2004 I didn't even know they existed and 2005 despite being right across from my hotel room they were being renovated and were constantly closed through the whole weekend.

The hot tub isn't that great.  To give you an idea the max people allowed in it was 2 or 3 at a time.  The pool had a max of 4 (or around there).  Marriot isn't much better unfortunately.  Spa is still relaxing, though.

Pool area and gym are on the third floor :3.  When you exit the elevators go through the door to the hallway on the right and turn right <3.  The door for the area will be on the left side of the hallway a little ways down.  Should see a sign.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

Moonblossom

Awesome, thanks. We're arriving early in the afternoon on the 24th, so we should have a relatively decent choice of room.

And honestly, a max of two people sounds fine to me. There's only two of us travelling together ><'' But it sounds like it closes early.

Thank you so much for all the info.

LadyKaren

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
All the bathtubs are the same size except if you get the Presidential Suite. Or whatever their 'most expensive suite' is. Then you get a soaking tub and a separate shower. If the suites aren't listed in the reservation program you may want to try calling the hotel as their most expensive suites may take reservations earlier than regular rooms. Also, I think you're allowed to fit more people into the suite (like, 5 or 6?) legally than the other rooms (that have a max. occupancy of 4). So splitting the cost wouldn't be so painful. It would still be a few hundred per person, but considering the luxury, it may very well be worth it.
I was thinking about getting the Presidental Suite this year because I thought I could fork up a few extra bucks. SO TOTALLY WRONG.

I called and was getting the details on the Presidental Suite.

Let me put this in terms for you.

Fanime price Junior suite 2006 - $199 (ish) a night
Junior Suite (non-fanime) price - $300 (ish) a night
Presidental Suite  or Vice Presidental Suite - $1000.00 A NIGHT

After hearing that, I had no intention of a Presidental Suite for fanime. I also lost most of my breath after hearing that.

I would have really wanted one too.  :(

Moonblossom

Oh god, there's no way we could have been able to afford that >< Two people, for five nights.. Ack, no.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Moonblossom"Oh god, there's no way we could have been able to afford that >< Two people, for five nights.. Ack, no.

Hm? You don't want to spend 2500 dollars on a hotel room? I am SURPRISED! [/totallynot]

But that's too bad, I thought that the presidential suite wasn't that expensive, then again I probably didn't see listings for the presidential suite when making online reservations. You probably have to call in.

Still, maybe one of these days we could do it for one night. That would be fun.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LadyKaren

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "Moonblossom"Oh god, there's no way we could have been able to afford that >< Two people, for five nights.. Ack, no.

Hm? You don't want to spend 2500 dollars on a hotel room? I am SURPRISED! [/totallynot]

But that's too bad, I thought that the presidential suite wasn't that expensive, then again I probably didn't see listings for the presidential suite when making online reservations. You probably have to call in.

Still, maybe one of these days we could do it for one night. That would be fun.

They don't have it online. That's why I called to get the prices on all the suites. I figured, what? $500 at most. Nope. $1000 a night. I died inside.

But I'd pay for that for one night maybe. If you do ever consider doing that, PM me.