CONSOLE WARs Introduction and request

Started by Aushrum, February 08, 2007, 07:57:39 PM

Aushrum

Hi, my name is Vlad Medel co-creator and co-host of an up and coming event humbly called CONSOLE WARs: an upbeat and fast pace gameshow/competition designed to entertain and please gamers and non-gamers alike and for the Anime-con going environment. CONSOLE WARs was created at AX 2006 as a random event that grew into a crowd of over 300 people by the end of Sunday night. We've held the event at Mikomicon 06 and ALA 07. Now we're hopeing to being CONSOLE WARs to San Jose, with a few new upgrades like Original Music, upgraded rules, and new remix to keep things interesting: TEAM ALLIANCE.

For the upcoming Fanime, AX, and Comicon we're remixing things up a bit into C.W. TEAM ALLIANCE. Here's how it works. The teams are Microsoft AND SONY vs. Nintendo AND Sega. 4 separate teams, two uneasy alliances, one big competition.

C.W. TEAM ALLIANCE is a three round game: Classic, Skit, and Final Judge Round. Winner is the best of three rounds.

In Classic, each team starts with 10 HP. The stage is set in such a way that two contestants for opposite teams meet, shake hands, and play Rock/paper/scissors, the winner gets a 30 seconds to "burn" the other team, after the defendant gets 30seconds to defend

[Sub Rules: No profanity, we're looking for intelligent, sly, even witty ideas and comments. Not lame grade school stuff.  Eventually all competitors are playing to the audience and our judges.]

Special Rules for Team Alliance. If a competitor  cannot come up with a "burn" or "defend" they may tag out to someone OF THE OPPOSITE team in their alliance. PLUS if Competitors time it right they could initiate "Dual Attacks" where they use all 30 of their seconds, then tag an Alliance member for another 30 seconds to attack or defend. The first Alliance to beat the other team wins this round.

Skit Round: Both Alliances get 25 min to come up with a 5 to 7 min skit. To either burn their enemies or praise themselves. They may use props, cosplayers, anything under reasonable circumstances. Judges and Audience decide this round.

Final Round: Each alliance must pick four of their top players. Our judges will try and burn each one. Competitors have again 30 seconds. (tag rules no longer apply each person is on their own.)

That's how CONSOLE WARs is going to work. We're also going to try our Spin-off rounds like ANIME WARs, and a new project still in the works. Thank you very much for your time. We would like to talk to the MODS and Organizers to see if we could possibly use a Room for this event. If not we will hold it in an indiscriminate place where we will cause no one any trouble.

Please contact organizers at "[email protected]". My AIM is RussianRiceBoy. We'd be honored to work with you in bringing Console Wars to Fanime and to future cons.

deepbluevibes

Eri

You should talk to the e-gaming department about this.. Their email isn't up on the website, but if you email [email protected], they'll forward the email to the appropriate person.

If you don't get a reply through e-gaming or programming in general, give me an email at [email protected], and I'll follow up on it myself.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008