So.... is it too late?

Started by Lawliet, February 21, 2007, 07:02:53 PM

astroboy

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Um...Im looking at the list here and theres one near the bottom marked "Video Programming" of which I am pretty sure Asian Cinema is a part of.
Actually Asian Film is it's own department.
It used to be a "part of" video programming back in the days when Asian Film was just 1 room. However it's grown in size over the years and is half the size of the video dept. now.

enough with the history lesson  :D

To contact the Asian Film department...send a PM to asianfilm

There's also a sticky thread in the video programming section of this board titled: "Want to work on the Asian Film Staff?"

That might be a good place to start for any prospective staffers.  :wink:

Voiddarkness

Was wondering about the rumors on the masquarade ball.  Is there actually going to be some ballroom or swing (west coast or east coast)?  If so, I want to volunteer in this area.  I can lead and follow.  Also, I don't mind volunteering anywhere else.  I hope I can work off the entire thing on maybe the first day...possibly.
..........okay....

Krnchichiri

Void- Nothing is really confirmed on the masquerade ball I believe, but if you wanted to volunteer, you'd have to at the Vol Hol at the convention. ^^ I hear they are going to play some ballroom music and the like, too. The ball will be only about three/four hours... setting up might be done some other day. I don't know the specifics, but I would plan on volunteering on other things, too. ^^ You'll have to wait until it's pretty much all confirmed which may be in a month or so. I think that the person who is running the Masquerade is sort of running the Masquerade ball, too. You might be able to contact her through PMs if you really need to ^^.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Long

So are you guys still accepting staff? I've been busy the past year, so I didn't have much time to plan for being staff again, and I only recently finally decided upon going to the con.

Sen

I think most departments would welcome the additional hardworking staffer. I know registration would. *hint hint*
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

BSaphire

Quote from: "Krnchichiri"Void- Nothing is really confirmed on the masquerade ball I believe, but if you wanted to volunteer, you'd have to at the Vol Hol at the convention. ^^ I hear they are going to play some ballroom music and the like, too. The ball will be only about three/four hours... setting up might be done some other day. I don't know the specifics, but I would plan on volunteering on other things, too. ^^ You'll have to wait until it's pretty much all confirmed which may be in a month or so. I think that the person who is running the Masquerade is sort of running the Masquerade ball, too. You might be able to contact her through PMs if you really need to ^^.
Voiddarkness: If you are interested in volunteering then contact boots01 who started the Masquerade Ball thread. Angeljibrille is not in charge of it. Message boots01 and see what he says. As far as I know it is not confirmed as of yet. Krnchichiri is right though, you might want to volunteer in another area too. I'm sure there are a couple of areas that can still use the help ^^)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

astroboy

getting back to the original question...is it too late to sign up to become staff?

Short answer == no....But for anybody who's interested I'd strongly suggest that you start signing up TODAY. If I read my staff emails correctly the deadline to sign up is the last day of this month, April. Basically there is 28 days left.

Once again I'm not 100% sure.

However it's better to be safe then sorry...the time for procrastination is over.

see you at the con  8)

deonchan

Are there spots still open for rovers? I've been signed up for a while now but I've gotten nothing. Thanks!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

abcbadcat

I've been signed up for months and have not recieved anything.

I've applied for:
Press
Panels
Dealers
Guest Relations
Cosplay/Masquerade
Rovers
Info Desk
AMV
Stage Zero
Arcade
E-Gaming
Karaoke
MusicFest
Publications
Swapmeet
Game Show
and Autograph Area

I would really like to participate and am excited for my first con :D

Krnchichiri

Don't worry, if you've signed up for the good ones who still need filling, you'll get a response. It's still a month away from Fanime, you still have time to get a response.

I've had to wait a few months until I got a reply. A lot of staff heads like potential staffers to be over 16... but there are quite a few people who are under 16 who still get recruited.

You can go to the staff meetings and beg the department's staff heads to let you in, or ask if it's available.
[My friend asked the Registration head if she could join, and it was fine. We're both under 16]. ^^

To deonchan- I'm not sure if they're open, but I believe that rovers have to be a certain age.. I think, 21? You might want to message the rover department heads and ask.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

Dagger-6

Rovers is normally required to be 18, but this year they're allowing some underage people apply also.  Rovers could always use more people.  

Again if you're interested, the best way is to just show up at a staff meeting and meet up with one of the departments your interested in personally.

PS join rovers.  :wink:

deonchan

Quote from: "trooper715"Rovers is normally required to be 18, but this year they're allowing some underage people apply also.  Rovers could always use more people.  

Again if you're interested, the best way is to just show up at a staff meeting and meet up with one of the departments your interested in personally.

Lucky for me I'm an old man at the ripe old age of 28.  8)  I'll have to try and make the next meeting.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

Quote from: "trooper715"Rovers is normally required to be 18, but this year they're allowing some underage people apply also.  Rovers could always use more people.  

btw is the head of rovers on this forum or is there a way I can get an email for him (ie a default [email protected] type deal?)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Dagger-6

I don't see him on the forums much.  Rovers@Fanime shoudl work, but I PM-ed you another e-mail to try.  But definately try and make it to the next meeting.  Easiest way to leave an impression and show you're interested.

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

abcbadcat

Okay so when is the next staff meeting. I litterally live about 5 minutes away from the convention center.

BTW I am 18 and what is a rover?

Krnchichiri

There's a sticky at the top if this forum that lists it. ^^

The next one is at April 21st. The rooms Willow Glem I & II at the Marriott connected to the convention center. It starts at 3:00 PM.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

Dagger-6

Quote from: "abcbadcat"BTW I am 18 and what is a rover?

Rovers are stationed throughout the con and perform a large variety of duties from peacebonding weapon-props, handling lines for events, making sure Fanime and SJCC rules are being followed, and using a radio to inform higher if any problems that come up, such as medical situations.  They are usually the first and the most visible face of Fanime Staff to con attendees and so are also tasked with public relations.

Skills needed to excel in this position would simply be a good head on your shoulder to deal with anything that arises and people skills to interact with con attendees.

Hope that answers your question.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer them.

If you're interested in working for Rovers, I highly reccomed you show up at the staff meeting and introduce yourself to the department head.  It's the best way to leave an impression, and we could definately use a few more good people.

If you want to attempt to get in touch with the dep head a little earlier than the 21st, lemme know and I'll PM you an e-mail address.

Pimpstress Rei

Oh! Someone applied to publications! Sorry, I don't get notices letting me know that someone wants to join my department.

If you write well and would like to join newsletter staff, please e-mail [email protected] with a few writing samples. If you're going to panels, why not write about them and get a free pass in doing it? =)
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

abcbadcat

Quote from: "trooper715"
Quote from: "abcbadcat"BTW I am 18 and what is a rover?

Rovers are stationed throughout the con and perform a large variety of duties from peacebonding weapon-props, handling lines for events, making sure Fanime and SJCC rules are being followed, and using a radio to inform higher if any problems that come up, such as medical situations.  They are usually the first and the most visible face of Fanime Staff to con attendees and so are also tasked with public relations.

Skills needed to excel in this position would simply be a good head on your shoulder to deal with anything that arises and people skills to interact with con attendees.

Hope that answers your question.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer them.

If you're interested in working for Rovers, I highly reccomed you show up at the staff meeting and introduce yourself to the department head.  It's the best way to leave an impression, and we could definately use a few more good people.

If you want to attempt to get in touch with the dep head a little earlier than the 21st, lemme know and I'll PM you an e-mail address.

Oh, okay. Sounds good. I'll be there on Saturday :3nod: