'Suite' Events! CHECK UPDATES! RSVP ASAP FOR MOVIE/TOURNEY!

Started by FanFicGuru, February 24, 2007, 12:43:52 PM

Video Programming- Which Series do you NOT want to see?

Gunslinger Girl
1 (20%)
SoulTaker
2 (40%)
Mahou shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
0 (0%)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's
0 (0%)
Giant Robo
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 07, 2007, 11:29:05 PM

FanFicGuru

Alright, so LadyKaren and I have been sending a few messages back and forth and we thought it would be cool to start arranging events that suite-holders could participate in. I"m going to be having 2 suites reserved and LadyKaren has another one.

(Of course, this is also for other people too. Just thought I'd start by offering invitations to people who have suites, and anyone else who wants to come, feel free! ^_^)

Friday:
From 2-8 PM: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Season one will be showing in our room. Please RSVP to secure a spot.

Roughly 9 PM: UPDATE! We are no longer making a Spider Man 3 trip...
HOWEVER, we are making a Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End trip. ^_^ This makes it all the more important that you RSVP and send the money so I can pre-order tickets because this movie is going to be packed for sure.

Saturday:
11-5PM: Gunslinger Girl will be showing. Please RSVP if you are interested in attending this block.

Unfortunately, due to the Play! symphony, and my desire to nab plenty of goodies...I will not be at the dinner on Saturday. If people still want to get together, talk to Karen, she may still be interested.

Sunday Night:
Noon-6PM: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's will be showing. Please RSVP if you wish to attend this block.

NOTE: For now, please RSVP for the shows you wish to see in order 1-3, I will try to fit everyone in but if the room isn't big enough I will have to limit the number of viewers in the room since I don't want to get in trouble. You can RSVP for multiple events at once.

Gaming Tournament! We'll have Smash bros. and SoulCalibur II as well as Guilty Gear X2 set up the two suites (games will alternate) I"m renting out. We'll set up a bracket and entry fee will be 3 dollars. Depending on the number of contestants, we'll have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for each game. We'll have a first place prize for sure. Due to the nature of having people in our room and fire hazards, we'll need to rotate players in and probably set up times for people to show up. No lingering about in the executive floors. I don't want to get in trouble. >_< We'll work it out. (CHECK UPDATE ON PAGE 3)

Anyways, those are my ideas as of right now. If any of you would be interested or have any other suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LadyKaren

Zain

2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Zain"A Smash Bros. tournament? I'm there  :shock:

I"ll set up some sort of RSVP system so we have an idea of the number of competitors.

From there, I'll figure a rough 'prize' budget and then I can start announcing potential prizes. ^_^
Swap meet staff - 2014

Asa_Gohan

Ill be willing to go ^_^ May I bring some friends along too? Im sure they would love to win the tournament considering how pro they are xD btw for SSBM there should be both singles and teams.  Cause I fair better in teams then I do in singles.

Prizes:  If you want you could make it singles 4 dollars. Keep 2 dollars and put the rest into a pot and split that pot 10 30 60. From there you could hold teams and have each team pay 6 bucks. This time you can keep 3 or 2 if you want the pot to be bigger.  and then just do the same thing. It saves you a lot of money :3 Everyone wins. But mostly you and the 3 people who win the tournaments xD

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"Ill be willing to go ^_^ May I bring some friends along too? Im sure they would love to win the tournament considering how pro they are xD btw for SSBM there should be both singles and teams.  Cause I fair better in teams then I do in singles.

Prizes:  If you want you could make it singles 4 dollars. Keep 2 dollars and put the rest into a pot and split that pot 10 30 60. From there you could hold teams and have each team pay 6 bucks. This time you can keep 3 or 2 if you want the pot to be bigger.  and then just do the same thing. It saves you a lot of money :3 Everyone wins. But mostly you and the 3 people who win the tournaments xD

Why would I keep any of the money? That would seem a bit unfair. lol...

I'd put all the money back into prizes. I can figure out the details more as it grows closer. ^_^
Swap meet staff - 2014

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Barnes"Smash Bros Tourney, can I join in?

Certainly. Anyone who wants in on the tourney, PM me with your name and I'll start making a list.
Swap meet staff - 2014

AnimeEmperor

Well there's still alot that can happen between now and Fanime, so everything I say now could change later.

But i'd say i'm definitely in for Spiderman. Last year I missed the X-Men 3 group and i've always been upset by it (although...that movie sucked).

Also I might be up for at least being at the gaming tournament.

Had to post this twice FFG. XP

gmontem

Woo hoo for dinner at Original Joe's! Wait... do I have to be a suite holder to participate in this?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

LadyKaren

Quote from: "gmontem"Woo hoo for dinner at Original Joe's! Wait... do I have to be a suite holder to participate in this?

Nope. The suite holders are opening up and running this event. :P

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "gmontem"Woo hoo for dinner at Original Joe's! Wait... do I have to be a suite holder to participate in this?

Nope. The suite holders are opening up and running this event. :P

Just like Karen said, we're running this show. lol

But yeah, anyone's welcome to join in.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Asa_Gohan

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"Ill be willing to go ^_^ May I bring some friends along too? Im sure they would love to win the tournament considering how pro they are xD btw for SSBM there should be both singles and teams.  Cause I fair better in teams then I do in singles.

I'd put all the money back into prizes. I can figure out the details more as it grows closer. ^_^
Taking some of the money off of the entree fee is called a house cut :3 Thats what I would do. Plus its extra money for you and you wouldnt be the first to do this. Especially since its like, here some money for you since your running the tournament and inviting all of these people into your suite. Plus it can also help pay off the suite so we get to pay less ^^d

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"

Taking some of the money off of the entree fee is called a house cut :3 Thats what I would do. Plus its extra money for you and you wouldnt be the first to do this. Especially since its like, here some money for you since your running the tournament and inviting all of these people into your suite. Plus it can also help pay off the suite so we get to pay less ^^d

Asa, you're arguing to get less money... why?

FanFicGuru

lol. So that's why.

Well, we'll see what happens.

btw Asa, I still have a couple other people applying for the room. So your spot isn't guaranteed at the moment. Just so you know.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Asa_Gohan

nods but if there is a spot Ill see if I can squeeze in. I have like 60 bucks now since I just prereg'd ^^;;

Asa_Gohan

cause If I get  a spot in the suite I dont have to pay as much x:

LadyKaren

cause If I get  a spot in the suite I dont have to pay as much x:

Ahhhh. I didn't realize you were in the suite with him. :P This makes it even easier to do your makeup then. (everyone else... don't ask.)

Asa_Gohan

yeah if I get in >.< I wanna go in the suite but he says he has other people in line so im like aww...

FanFicGuru

Don't make me out to be the bad guy here. lol

There are about 2 others who are thinking about hoppin' aboard. I need to talk to each of them first and see if either of them would work out.

Or, I could just put three names on the wall and throw a dart.

Might do that...
Swap meet staff - 2014