FanimeCon needs Panels for 2007

Started by dealerJason, February 25, 2007, 12:45:18 PM

dealerJason

Fanime is looking for Fan panels.
Do you have a favorite anime, manga, video game, or Asian film?  Would you like to talk about it and earn a free day pass for you and a friend?

Hi, I am Jason Ebner and I am the director of Live-programming at FanimeCon.  I am looking for enthusiastic, articulate and creative people to help Fanime stay true to its By Fans For Fans slogan.

If you wish to be apart of FanimeCon programming, please send me your idea directly or using our online panel registration form at www.fanime.com/panels.  I require that all panel submissions must be accompanied with:
1.   Outline of your panel
2.   examples of visuals
3.   examples of power points
4.   examples of video clips.

Each panel room will be outfitted with connections for laptop and will have internet access.  Each panel idea will be evaluated on a case by case basis.  Fan panel space is limited so please enter your ideas soon.

If your Panel submissions are entered by March 15th, your panel will make our program guide, website, and schedule.  If it is not, then you will only be listed in our schedule and website.

Please help me to keep Fanime true to its roots, submit your panel today!
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

darkknightcecil

What if your already in one of the fanimecon staff department and want to host an panel?..
??

Vanessa

I filled out the panel forum best to my ability. I really hope I get considered.

alkaline

QuoteEach panel room will be outfitted with connections for laptop and will have internet access.

ININ

Quote from: "Vanessa"I filled out the panel forum best to my ability. I really hope I get considered.

I got an email from a staff because I did a panel last year.  For '07, I submitted two panel ideas XD

Vanessa

Quote from: "ININ"
Quote from: "Vanessa"I filled out the panel forum best to my ability. I really hope I get considered.

I got an email from a staff because I did a panel last year.  For '07, I submitted two panel ideas XD

Wow lucky, what panels did you do last year and what ideas do you have for this year?

ININ

Quote from: "Vanessa"Wow lucky, what panels did you do last year and what ideas do you have for this year?

Last year, I did Anime Fans Over 30.  This year, Anime Fans Over 30 and Cosplay Photographers.  I have a friend I'm going to ask to co-host.

If you panel ideas are good, there is an excellent chance you're going to be accepted.  Live programming staff is taking panels very seriously.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Vanessa"Wow lucky, what panels did you do last year and what ideas do you have for this year?

Last year, I did Anime Fans Over 30.  This year, Anime Fans Over 30 and Cosplay Photographers.  I have a friend I'm going to ask to co-host.

If you panel ideas are good, there is an excellent chance you're going to be accepted.  Live programming staff is taking panels very seriously.

Cool ideas.

I don't know what I'd do for a panel. >_<

But, best of luck to all of you applying. ^^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tsubasa

I've had some ideas for panels before and I believe it's within my ability to host one.  I'll see if I can assemble one of worth soon and if I believe it to be worth the effort.  If I do, I'll contact live programming.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Tony

Quote from: "alkaline"
QuoteEach panel room will be outfitted with connections for laptop and will have internet access.

Please note that Fanime won't be providing internet access necessarily; you can simply get free wifi from the live panel rooms, I believe.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

otakuapprentice

waitaminute! you had a panel last year?! HOSHI-!!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Lizchan33

I kinda want to do a panel but I'm scared to. And I don't have any power point or Video clips....
Of course it'd be a demonstration and little bits on history.

ININ

You have 2.5 months to prepare.  Hosting a panel is fun and it's another activity to do at anime cons ^__^  At least think about your panel at the back of your head.

I was a little scared when I did my first panel.  The panel went well.  Remember most panels are hosted by fans like you and me.  If you screw up or are nervous, the audience understands.  These are fan panels  :D There are going to be a few people in the audience who jumps in and help you out.

Lizchan, what's your panel idea?

Lizchan33

I was thinking about doing one on how to wear a Yukata(Kimono) because it seems like an interesting thing to do.... And because I do know how to put one on, I can teach others how to.
Besides that I'd probably do a bit on different types, as well as how to fold it.
I figure it would last maybe an hour.

gubaba

Quote from: "Lizchan33"I was thinking about doing one on how to wear a Yukata(Kimono) because it seems like an interesting thing to do.... And because I do know how to put one on, I can teach others how to.
Besides that I'd probably do a bit on different types, as well as how to fold it.

I'd totally go to that. XD

<3 Rock Howard XD

1Fireforge

You'd go to a kimono tying class, but not my shoe workshop?  Shame! =P  j/k!

Let's go VOLTRON force!

Asa_Gohan

If I could Id probably do one on Super Smash Brothers Melee ^^;; Its a panel on a single video game though over the years its been out it has turned from a party game into an indepth fighting game. We so many new discoveries it would be a good panel to attend for those who are new to the advanced side of SSBM.  To show the new tricks that can step up their gameplay, and tips on characters. Heck I can probably get some very experienced players to attend and give a couple of examples on character play and what not.  Though I dont think my idea would get accepted since it is on just a video game ^^;;

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Lizchan33

Quote from: "gubaba"
Quote from: "Lizchan33"I was thinking about doing one on how to wear a Yukata(Kimono) because it seems like an interesting thing to do.... And because I do know how to put one on, I can teach others how to.

I'd totally go to that. XD
That's encouraging!!!
Maybe I should send in the form.....

Barnes

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"If I could Id probably do one on Super Smash Brothers Melee ^^;; Its a panel on a single video game though over the years its been out it has turned from a party game into an indepth fighting game. We so many new discoveries it would be a good panel to attend for those who are new to the advanced side of SSBM.  To show the new tricks that can step up their gameplay, and tips on characters. Heck I can probably get some very experienced players to attend and give a couple of examples on character play and what not.  Though I dont think my idea would get accepted since it is on just a video game ^^;;

I say go for it! I'd attend that panel. 8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

TheAvacado

O.o I just saw that notice today in my computer class about being able to create and run your own panel, I just sent my idea in but I wanted to ask if anyone else would attend this....

The panel would be about Yoshihiro Togashi with a brief presentation/timeline of his life, family, history, and list of works and then focus on his two main works; Yu Yu Hakusho and HunterxHunter.  We are planning to design and play a Jeopardy like game with the audience involving facts from those two shows with prizes included.  The plan time is 45 minutes approximately...  what do you think?
Even in the light, Death can take us.