Artist Colony 2007

Started by AAstaff, March 01, 2007, 08:39:27 AM

Kabuki

does anyone but me having trouble understanding what to fill in the blanks? the only blanks i seem to understand are that one's in the last page except the [client] blanks.

Che

I sent in my e-mail awhile back and never received a reply, let alone a seating chart.  :x

Che

I resent ALL my informatiomn and I'm STILL waiting for a reply :evil:

double post-it's a new computer not used to it yet

Kabuki

mmn.. i'm starting to feel a bit impatient now seeing as how my question isn't being answered. n_n;

Aya Brea

Quote from: "Kabuki"mmn.. i'm starting to feel a bit impatient now seeing as how my question isn't being answered. n_n;

As for me I just put in "10" for the dollar amount one (since that's what I'm paying for a table, it seems fair.)   They really didn't have a suggestion... *shrug*

Ren_Zhao

Hey all! Sorry this took a while, butttt I COME WITH HELP ON THE AA CONTRACT! OHO! :D
Talked to the AA guy today, soooo:

"the most important thing is the first blank on the first page needs to be your name
then next blank needs to be the address on the seller's permit
and the last page needs to be signed under [Artist]
the other stuff I wouldn't really worry about"

So basically, you only have to fill out that much. The AA guy says that it should be fine if we leave the Liability and "if to the..." sections blank, so I'll just trust him on that. (Besides, that saves us all some trouble trying to figure out all the legal mumbo-jumbo. :) )

However, if you really want to know...

The Liability section is like the pricing of the things you're selling... So uhhh unless you know FOR SURE 100%, you probably shouldn't touch that. If you don't know/don't care/wanna play it safe, leave it blank!

And the "if to the..." section is just like..the addresses of..something.. (I still don't really get that..) But a lot of people left it blank last year, apparently, so we can all leave it blank too.

As for the last part (the signing part), sign next to "By:" and put "artist" or "president" (if you're the prez of a company or something) or [your title] in the "Title:" blank.

Hope this helps!! Again, sorry for the long wait!!!

[edit!!!]: One more thing: if you're sharing a table, you only need one contract per table (or tables if you have 2) and only the person with the permit needs to sign/fill out/turn in the contract!
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Mangaka-chan

Quote from: "Ren_Zhao"Hey all! Sorry this took a while, butttt I COME WITH HELP ON THE AA CONTRACT! OHO! :D
Talked to the AA guy today, soooo:

"the most important thing is the first blank on the first page needs to be your name
then next blank needs to be the address on the seller's permit
and the last page needs to be signed under [Artist]
the other stuff I wouldn't really worry about"

So basically, you only have to fill out that much. The AA guy says that it should be fine if we leave the Liability and "if to the..." sections blank, so I'll just trust him on that. (Besides, that saves us all some trouble trying to figure out all the legal mumbo-jumbo. :) )

However, if you really want to know...

The Liability section is like the pricing of the things you're selling... So uhhh unless you know FOR SURE 100%, you probably shouldn't touch that. If you don't know/don't care/wanna play it safe, leave it blank!

And the "if to the..." section is just like..the addresses of..something.. (I still don't really get that..) But a lot of people left it blank last year, apparently, so we can all leave it blank too.

As for the last part (the signing part), sign next to "By:" and put "artist" or "president" (if you're the prez of a company or something) or [your title] in the "Title:" blank.

Hope this helps!! Again, sorry for the long wait!!!

[edit!!!]: One more thing: if you're sharing a table, you only need one contract per table (or tables if you have 2) and only the person with the permit needs to sign/fill out/turn in the contract!

Thank you so much for clearing this up! Now I can send in my contract (as soon as I get a confirmation about which one of the tables I picked will be given to me ^^; ). XD

akewataru

So if my sister is the one with the seller's permit and I'm the artist who's providing the work, my sister would be singing the 'client' section and I would be signing the 'artist' part?
[DeviantArt] [http://akewataru.deviantart.com]
= Cosplay: Final Form Sora, KH2 Kairi, Pimp!Namine, FFXII Archadian Judge Zargabaath =
= Conventions: Fanime 07, ComicCon07, PMX07 =

hooded-unknown

Okay, question:
I'm ready to mail in my payment and contract. I will not be able to get my seller's permit by April 31 though. What do I do?

Last year my friend applied for tables the day he went to the convention so am I allowed to show my permit at the con since I couldn't mail it in before the deadline? And if so, where do I go?

Kabuki

thank you mangaka-chan! i'm gonna be mailing this today :3

AuroraDragonKaya

Heyo!
Ok, I was wondering... I was getting everything ready, and realized.... I can't find the contract anywhere on the site. O.o;;
I already sent the email, cuz, well, I'm paranoid and don't want it to fill up.

So! Um, anyone think they can link me to where I could find the contract? @_@;
"GO FORTH MY PEEPS! GO FORTH AND DESTROY!!!!!"

ip136

so...

Do we HAVE to have the contract handed in before we're able to pick a table? I know that I was someone who signed up relatively very early on in the list, but.. have yet to actually get the seating chart.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: "akewataru"So if my sister is the one with the seller's permit and I'm the artist who's providing the work, my sister would be singing the 'client' section and I would be signing the 'artist' part?

No, leave the client part blank. That's supposed to be Fanime (client = Fanime), so you don't put anything there.
Even though your sister's the one with the permit, if you aren't sharing the table with her, you have to be the one that fills out/signs the contract. The "only the person with the permit needs to sign/fill out/turn in the contract" is only referring to if you're sharing a table and only one person has the permit.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: "hooded-unknown"Okay, question:
I'm ready to mail in my payment and contract. I will not be able to get my seller's permit by April 31 though. What do I do?

Last year my friend applied for tables the day he went to the convention so am I allowed to show my permit at the con since I couldn't mail it in before the deadline? And if so, where do I go?

It's okay to bring an extra photocopy of your permit to the AA guy when you get to Fanime. Just look for the AA staff's table.
And just worry about mailing your payment, full-weekend badge confirmation, and contract first! (:
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

HAWK5

Hi akewataru:
 Just so you know, you must have a sellers permit in your name to legally sell your work. Your sister didn't do the work therefor has no legal rights to sell it. She can purchase it from you and sell it for you but then she needs to be present to sell it as well as take responsibility for any and all tax burdens. The city can issue you a temporary sellers permit for the dates of the show if you apply for it. It's the same kind of permit people use to sell at flea markets a couple times a year. In retrospect, a full business license and resale certificate is, I think, only 75.00. Mine is only 150.00 a year but I've been in business for 25 years so I have to keep mine current. The 75.00 dollar one might be a one time fee if it's for a hobby or occasional sales. Not sure about that, you would have to check with the city. As far as the whacky contract and seating chart goes, it was the same last year. No email response, no seating chart, and no way to get in touch with anybody till the show. I just did everything at the show when I got there last year and it only took a few minuets. Hope that helps.

AuroraDragonKaya

Um, STILL wondering where I can find the contract. I don't have a copy of the old one on my computer or anything, and the link isn't on the site. Anyone able to help me with this?
(Or email a contract to [email protected])
Much appreciated. :3

Aya Brea

Quote from: "AuroraDragonKaya"Um, STILL wondering where I can find the contract. I don't have a copy of the old one on my computer or anything, and the link isn't on the site. Anyone able to help me with this?
(Or email a contract to [email protected])
Much appreciated. :3

Sent you a copy.  Good luck!

riya-chan

I was emailed the table selection chart over two weeks ago and received a table assignment a week ago along with one of my friends. I'm not sure if it's since we just registered really early or what. However, everything's set for us.

Since I haven't been to many cons and have never attended Fanime, I'm not sure what's acceptable or not. It's okay to sell fanart, right? And if it were okay, would stuff like Kingdom Hearts fanart be pushing it? ^^;

AuroraDragonKaya

Unless the rules changed dramatically from last year, selling fanart is perfectly fine. :3
(It's a majority of what I usually sell, aside from commissions, though that'll likely change a little this year, as I'll be doing some promotion for my webcomic too.... though I'm not sure that'll actually SELL, heh)

Crystalline Sweets

What if you weren't notified of the fact that you had to get this done before April 30th and had been sending e-mails to a dead e-mail (in other words, last year's) and don't know if you can get a permit before April 30th...? ;_;

Sending e-mail with information now.