Artist Colony 2007

Started by AAstaff, March 01, 2007, 08:39:27 AM

Anigamer

Does anybody how much the sellers permit cost?!
And does anybody know Is there diffrent types of sellers permit
such as temp and others stuff.....
plz help!! >_<

Arigato!

HAWK5

This is for everyone that hasn't read the rest of the postings in this forum. If you are going to attend this show, or any other for that fact, you must have a seller's permit or a business license. If you only do a show once or twice a year you can apply for a temporary seller's permit with the city at...
www.sanjoseca.gov or you can google san jose seller's permit and you will see a link on that search for the application PDF. Getting a seller's permit takes 2 or 3 weeks so if you're going to get it you had better step it up. The city says 2 or 3 weeks but it could take longer. If you download the PDF it has full instructions and contact info to direct you to the correct office. If you submit it in person you can ask about getting it sooner it may help. A permit usually doesn't cost anything but they may ask for a deposit to safeguard against any collectible taxes. To all the other questions, can I get one at the show, can I send it in after the show, can I legally sell stuff without it, can I use an expired number, can I use my sister, brother, father, mother, boyfriend, girlfriend, cousin, friend, dog, cat, gold fish, or hamsters the answer is NO! So everybody that doesn't have a permit yet get to that site and get that paper work rollin.

Kishi

Hello,

I sent in my seller's permit, $10 payment, contract, and a copy of my registration to the Fanime 2007 staff about three weeks ago for Artist Alley. However, my $10 has not been cashed yet, and I was wondering if you have received my information? My fan name for fanime is Kishi . Anyways, please send me an email ASAP if you have received my information. I am just worried that someone might had stole it in the mail and there is a lot of personal and important information in the letter. Thanks!

Aya Brea

My check hasn't been cashed either.  And I still haven't gotten the seating chart. O_o

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: "HAWK5"This is for everyone that hasn't read the rest of the postings in this forum. If you are going to attend this show, or any other for that fact, you must have a seller's permit or a business license. If you only do a show once or twice a year you can apply for a temporary seller's permit with the city at...
www.sanjoseca.gov or you can google san jose seller's permit and you will see a link on that search for the application PDF. Getting a seller's permit takes 2 or 3 weeks so if you're going to get it you had better step it up. The city says 2 or 3 weeks but it could take longer. If you download the PDF it has full instructions and contact info to direct you to the correct office. If you submit it in person you can ask about getting it sooner it may help. A permit usually doesn't cost anything but they may ask for a deposit to safeguard against any collectible taxes. To all the other questions, can I get one at the show, can I send it in after the show, can I legally sell stuff without it, can I use an expired number, can I use my sister, brother, father, mother, boyfriend, girlfriend, cousin, friend, dog, cat, gold fish, or hamsters the answer is NO! So everybody that doesn't have a permit yet get to that site and get that paper work rollin.

Actually, to clarify on a couple of things..

If you go to the equalization office yourself/in person, YOU CAN GET YOUR PERMIT ON THE SAME DAY AND RECEIVE HELP ON IT FROM SOMEONE THERE. :D

Also, YES, YOU CAN USE YOUR PARENT'S seller's permit. But only if you are underage. Only because underage sellers (15-18 ) since you have to be over 18 to get your own permit. As long as it's your parent's, it'll be like you're selling under their company.
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: "Crystalline Sweets"What if you weren't notified of the fact that you had to get this done before April 30th and had been sending e-mails to a dead e-mail (in other words, last year's) and don't know if you can get a permit before April 30th...? ;_;

Sending e-mail with information now.

No need to have the permit mailed in by the 30th, just send in the contract, money, and badge confirmation by then and have a copy of your permit for the people who run AA at the con. (:
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

delightful

A few more details about the permit! My dad and I went to get the permit today at the Equalization Office on 250 South Second Street in downtown San Jose (you can find field offices on their website, http://www.boe.ca.gov). This particular office is only a few minutes away from the convention center.

We were able to fill out the application with the help of a worker in around 15 minutes, and received the permit the directly afterwards.

However, the hours of operation for almost all the field offices are Monday-Friday from 8 AM-5 PM, so be sure to make time during the week if you want to go there in person.

Also, does anybody know whether or not we can send in concealed cash as our payment for the tables, or do we have to use checks/money orders?

HAWK5

OK. I just spoke with my lawyer and the State Board of Equalization as well as the San Jose sellers permit office. The only allowable by pass for a minor to sell at the show is to use a sellers permit number issued to his or her parents. Please note that any sales made must be reported and the tax burden is carried by the parent. If whatever is sold is not reported on your parents taxes for the next sales and use quarter they are the ones that get fined or audited. Just some safety issues to think about before anybody sneaks into daddies desk. If your 18 and you have a social security card and or a drivers license there is no reason not to run downtown and get one. Like delightful posted, they did it right there on site fast and simple. More and more conventions are being spot checked by the F.B.I. every year so don't chance getting busted. It is a simple thing to take care of, you have to do it every year if you come to the show, and it protects you from the big evil government. Thanks delightful for posting that info.

Crystalline Sweets

Quote from: "Ren_Zhao"No need to have the permit mailed in by the 30th, just send in the contract, money, and badge confirmation by then and have a copy of your permit for the people who run AA at the con. (:

THANK GOD

But now I have to wait for the contract to come in... x_X

rockgoody

Could I have the contract?
[email protected]

I want to sell edible cookies with drawings on them at fanime. I don't know if this is allowed. I will get my kitchen certified by a health inspector and get a permit.

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: "rockgoody"Could I have the contract?
[email protected]

I want to sell edible cookies with drawings on them at fanime. I don't know if this is allowed. I will get my kitchen certified by a health inspector and get a permit.

I just sent you the contract. (:

If you can find a seller's permit for selling food/perishable items, it should be okay. Otherwise, there are health regulations involved and you're not allowed to sell edible items.. Try looking on the website where you find the other seller's permits?
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Aya Brea

Quote from: "rockgoody"Could I have the contract?
[email protected]

We're going to be in a convention center, so catering is exclusive to Aramark.  You will probably not be able to sell any foods unless it is considered "novelty" items like Japanese prize candy boxes or Ramune... my guess is that you'd be busted just the same.

ephemeralxdreams

I sent an email with my info a couple of days ago, and I still havent received a reply D: ! I still need the contract and to send in money....ahhh, please tell me it isn't too late!

my email is [email protected]

riya-chan

Quote from: "AAstaff"Those that have tables will need to sign in before noon in order to receive your tables on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Unfortunately no refunds will be given

Sorry, but I have another inexperienced question. So does this mean we have to sign in every morning of the convention before noon or does it mean that we have to sign in on the first day of the convention before noon to secure the table for the rest of the weekend? If it's the former case, then does this mean that it's okay to sign in later than noon on Friday since that wasn't listed? It's just that I actually have a class on Friday that goes until 12:30PM and so wanted to know whether or not it was necessary to skip a day of class. Thanks in advance for anyone who answers!

Moonbug

2 Things...

OK, where IS the Artist Colony Contract?? (since I have everything else, but have been waiting for this thing to be posted somewhere, only to find that others already have it somehow...)

I sent an email about 2 months ago and still haven't seen the chart or confirmation.  I am really worried now, espeicially since this post is now saying all tables are taken.  Was I passed over, my email deleted on accident or something??

This all seems scarily unorganized... I wish things would be up to date on the site and not having important "going-ons" in the forum that not everyone subscribes to...

(email: [email protected], please check to make sure you have information from this email)
Moonbug; noun; a girl named Moonbug.

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com
www.facebook.com/MoonbugsMakes

Twitch

That's kinda the same case with me except I got my contract. I sent in the money for both the full pass and a table about a month ago (along with the contract) but I didn't get any reply, and now the tables are supposed to be all taken. I'm not sure what to do, especially now that Fanime's getting pretty close =/

If any of you can help me out, my email's [email protected]

Aya Brea

My check got cashed and I got a seating assignment via e-mail on 4/30.  It seems like they're processing in waves, but they're doing something.  

O_o anyone else without the contract, let me know and I'll forward you one.  If you're hanging on for the seating chart... I can't help you there except tell you "hang in there, kupo!"

Incidentally... we have to check in every day?  Or just show up at our table everyday by 12?  If we have to check in every day, I hope the lines won't be terrible... Anyone do this last year know if we need to do daily check-ins?

And also: When is the check in deadline on Friday?

Moonbug

Last year I remember checking in before noon, but you did NOT have to check in daily as the table is already reserved just for you.

And yes, PLEASE send me the contract.  I would very much appreciate that.  

Thank You!
Moonbug; noun; a girl named Moonbug.

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com
www.facebook.com/MoonbugsMakes

Aya Brea

Quote from: "Moonbug"Last year I remember checking in before noon, but you did NOT have to check in daily as the table is already reserved just for you.

And yes, PLEASE send me the contract.  I would very much appreciate that.  

Thank You!

I sent you a copy at the e-mail you have listed at this board.  Thanks for the info!

lonewolfax

i would also like a copy of that contract if it's not too much trouble

[email protected]   :D