Number of Outfit Changes?

Started by 1Fireforge, March 04, 2007, 03:01:51 PM

1Fireforge

Hi all, this will be my first Fanime, and of course, I want to do it right.  That means Cosplay!  However, I see a lot of people posting that they're bringing like seven outfits to the event.  So, as a general rule, how many outfit changes do people normally go through in a day?  I've already finished one outfit, but I could probably get one or two more out if I needed to.

- FF

Let's go VOLTRON force!

XpHoBiaX

I only have two very important costumes....the rest is just themed for each day. I may go through two or three changes a day...depending on if I want to join a gathering or not.
I will be attending the event for 3 days.  it really depends on what gatherings you plan to attend, and if you have time to do so.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'll have 2....possibly 3 for this year.... :twisted:

Yukari Kaiba

i have three cosplays im bringing this year. Saturday wont require me to change, since i only have one gathering im planning on attending. Sunday though ill be changing from my Renji cosplay to my Kaoru cosplay (i have 2 gatherings to go to that day ^^)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

RyannBTW

I currently plan on bringing four costumes, and wearing two of them on Sunday because of different gatherings.  Likely this will mean recycling on Monday as I don't know if I want to bother with street clothes.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

SuperKawaiiNeko

This really is a personal preferance. Some people only bring one cosplay and wear it the whole time (or even just part of the time)

Some people wear a different cosplay each day, so that would be four. Some people wear a different cosplay, but only on the "major" days (saturday and sunday) so thats two.

If youre in the masquerade, some people wear their masquerade costume ONLY in the masquerade, so thats an extra one. And if people are going to be in cosplay gatherings sometimes they wear those specifically for that as well.

I personally think its kind of silly to be changing costumes all the time, and only wear one for an hour or so or whatever. The whole point of cosplay is for other people to see it, right? So if it were me, I'd say four would be the maximum without going overboard. One for each day. Unless youre like a professional cosplayer or something o.O

But if its your first convention...you really dont even need that many ^_^0
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

ranma12

i am going to bring 3 cosplays and depending on the gatherings i guess and depending on if ur joining the masarade

Lizchan33

I have a solid 4 but I'll be changing because of events like the fanimaid cafe and my lolita picnic.

AngelKawaii

I do not see the point in bringing 7 costumes. Personally I like to wear one for the whole day.

This year I am doing 2. I am going to be wearing a non-anime related kimono for one day, and Orihime for the other day. But I guess Fanimaid is 3...does it count as three? O.o

RyannBTW

Scratch that.  It looks like I'm bringing five, three of which I have yet to make, one that needs updating.

Wow, I'm going to be busy.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

AngelKawaii

Quote from: "RyannBTW"Scratch that.  It looks like I'm bringing five, three of which I have yet to make, one that needs updating.

Wow, I'm going to be busy.
You have that much free time?!?!?! Can I borrow some? xD I barely have enough time to sew a simple school girl skirt.

1Fireforge

>>You have that much free time?!?!?! Can I borrow some? xD I barely have enough time to sew a simple school girl skirt.

Some skirts aren't so simple, but you've got like three months, right? =)  

Hmm, ok, I'll guess I'll plan on one outfit per day.  Probably only going to be able to make two of the four days anyway.

- FF

Let's go VOLTRON force!

Lizchan33

Quote from: "AngelKawaii"I do not see the point in bringing 7 costumes. Personally I like to wear one for the whole day.

This year I am doing 2. I am going to be wearing a non-anime related kimono for one day, and Orihime for the other day. But I guess Fanimaid is 3...does it count as three? O.o

Is it Yukata or Kimono?
I'm curious cause so many people call Yukatas Kimonos v_v
I think I'll have to make that Yukata panel xDDD

KindaRandomKris

My first Fanime, I had only two costumes, one each for Saturday and Sunday (the only days I ever attend). As a general guideline, I try to plan two costumes for the weekend, though last year I had three (Two for Saturday, one for Sunday).

But really, it depends on how much time and money you have to put into costumes each year, and how willing you are to find someplace to change (if you don't have access to a hotel room, and then I find it's usually the con-center bathroom).
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

DayDreamerNessa

The only costume that's for sure is my masquerade. At the most i may take 3 other costumes. I changed 3 times in one day once and i'm never doing it again there's no point to me in changing so much, two times is fine cause you can wear one half of the day and another later, but 3 or more is just crazy.

For me it's one costume a day. And usually on monday i dress comfy and no costume.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "Lizchan33"
Quote from: "AngelKawaii"I do not see the point in bringing 7 costumes. Personally I like to wear one for the whole day.

Is it Yukata or Kimono?

My understanding is that a yukata is a type of kimono. Saying that a yukata isnt a kimono is akin to saying that jeans arent pants.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Lizchan33

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"
Quote from: "Lizchan33"

Is it Yukata or Kimono?

My understanding is that a yukata is a type of kimono. Saying that a yukata isnt a kimono is akin to saying that jeans arent pants.
nope they aren't XDDDDD
But yeah... I'm still curious as to if it's a formal Kimono or a summer Yukata :3

Ayanami Rei First Child

Don't ask me....although maybe I should try Generic Japanese Schoolgirl. I mean it'd be a simple outfit...^^;

1Fireforge

>>Is it Yukata or Kimono?
>>I'm curious cause so many people call Yukatas Kimonos v_v
>>I think I'll have to make that Yukata panel xDDD

My understanding is that the yukata is a kind of kimono (I think kimono basically means 'clothing,' right?) and is like a lightweight, less formal kimono.  

Hmmm, generic Japanese is cool too then?  Nice...I've got an outfit like that also...I'll wear my white under black hakama pants, and then put a blue one over them both...throw on tabi and some zori and I'll be in business. =)

- FF

Let's go VOLTRON force!

phoenixphire24

I'm planning on bringing 3, one for Saturday, one for Sunday, and one other for either Friday or Monday. Using costume 3 all depends on the timing of getting to the con and leaving. Otherwise I'll wear it to Bishie Bingo!