Staff Meetings Questions. Answered, thank you!

Started by Krnchichiri, March 10, 2007, 10:02:19 PM

Krnchichiri

How long do they usually go until?
What do they do there?
Is it the Hilton next to the convention?
^^ Thanks for the info~
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

SuperKawaiiNeko

Theyre usually between one and three hours.

They do lots of stuff. Department heads dispense news and updates fresh from the preceeding Div Heads meeting, new projects are announced, tasks are assigned, questions are asked, ideas are given, jokes are made, fun is had. All staff members are required to attend at least one staff meeting before the convention, with a few special exceptions (discuss with your department head, though if it is at ALL possible, I would definetly reccomend attending if you can.) Some people think theyre boring, but I think theyre kinda fun ^_^0

Yes, it is the Hilton attached to the San Jose Convention Center. If you are standing in front of the SJCC (near the fountain) then it is the building to your immediate right.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Krnchichiri

Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Eri

Actually, we're in the marriott (willow glen 1&2... con-ops!) from now to the con..

the jokes are awesome... Especially when a particular two get going at each other... ^_^
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

SuperKawaiiNeko

Head of Volunteers 2010

DJ_Phroop

Ok I have one that might have already been answered somewhere else but here goes...
1. Price of staff roomage (How much per night is our stay for staff)
If Life was like a box of chocolates i'd be Screwed! (Yes I'm one of those unlucky people who can't eat it without running the risk of dying...)

Akito Starwind

the staff room rate Is what should be the room cost for all the nights then divide that buy the number of staffer staying in that room. so if your room bill is 300$ then 300÷people say there are 4= 75$ per person. so each person will pay 75 to the one who Paid for the room with a Credit card. Or if your Room mate who payed he may request a bit more for his card use. but that would be Unethical like 5$ more. that would be something you would have to deal with him/her about. I don't know if Fanime housing has any rules dealing with this. Its just some thing where you need to do the math yourself and if you find some problem then ask about it and find out why. It all comes down to The Room Cost is X amount of money and it should be divided between the X amount of room mates.
Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008

Eri

Uh, staff housing closed yesterday, on the 6th. Just to let everyone know..

And yes, the price is whatever the total room price is for however many nights you're staying, divided by four since there are four staffers in each room.

Hope this helps...
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

SuperKawaiiNeko

Huh. I thought staff got free roomage...

Or at least discounted.

....BUT I GUESS NOT SO DONT ANYBODY GO THINKING THEY DO <_<
Jeez, some people...

Head of Volunteers 2010

astroboy

Quote from: "Eri"Uh, staff housing closed yesterday, on the 6th. Just to let everyone know...
There were more email messages sent on the staff mailing list in the 6 days leading up to the staff hotel deadline then there were email messages sent for the past 6 months before then.   *seriously*

I think a person on staff had to try very hard to miss something like that....for example unsubscribing to the staff mailing list at the worst possible time, the last month before con-time. *OUCH!*

Pimpstress Rei

Fanime staff aren't allowed to discuss whether or not they get a discount for their hotel rooms. It's confidential information between them and the hotel staff.

Remember that we usually have about oh, 500+ staffers, so imagine how much money it would take to house everyone for a weekend. For free. Yep, that's a lot of money. And that money doesn't go back into the convention so I'm sure that as a member, you don't want us to take that away from you.

Keep in mind that a good number of us stay at the convention a full week to set up a few days before con, and a few days after to tear down. Imagine the extra cost for staff housing for them. It adds up.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

DJ_Phroop

Danke shon everyone for your answers... now to talk to my higher up whos been aviodeing my for some odd reason *Hides knife behind back grinning evily* (Jk)
If Life was like a box of chocolates i'd be Screwed! (Yes I'm one of those unlucky people who can't eat it without running the risk of dying...)