Karaoke Contest 2007 Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 11, 2007, 01:12:57 AM

yumicchi88

Quote from: "Inuashley"Haha, I just decided that I hate my prelim song, so I just ditched it and learned a new song I've never heard before in my life in 20 minutes. XDD

oo nice. do you have that with karaoke version?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

anime_freakx1000

Kk. Hehe. Thanks. ^^

@Inuashley

I can't wait to hear it. 8D~

Cerise

Okay, so I still want to sing "Brothers" from FMA and I still don't know if I can sing the english version even though it didn't appear in the anime. If it turns out that I can't sing the english version, will it count against me if I brought the russian lyrics up on stage with me? Obviously it shouldn't hinder my voice, but will this prevent me from getting those mysterious 'coolness' points?
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.
Emo Philips

yumicchi88

is there more things we can do to get coolness points other than hitting high notes?

RyannBTW

Quote from: "yumicchi88"is there more things we can do to get coolness points other than hitting high notes?
Probably.

Otherwise that would be completely unfair to poor little Altos like me.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

yumicchi88

Quote from: "RyannBTW"
Quote from: "yumicchi88"is there more things we can do to get coolness points other than hitting high notes?
Probably.

yea, im a mezzo so i can hit high notes, but the songs im doing it doesnt really have high notes.

Inuashley

Quote from: "yumicchi88"
Quote from: "Inuashley"Haha, I just decided that I hate my prelim song, so I just ditched it and learned a new song I've never heard before in my life in 20 minutes. XDD

Yeah I do ^^ It's a really cool song, at least IMO ^^;;  I have it almost memorized now. I can't wait to hear everyone's songs at Fanime! Good luck to everyone ^_^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

yumicchi88

Quote from: "Inuashley"
Quote from: "yumicchi88"

Yeah I do ^^ It's a really cool song, at least IMO ^^;;  I have it almost memorized now. I can't wait to hear everyone's songs at Fanime! Good luck to everyone ^_^

Me too, cant wait to hear everyone! Good luck to you, too!!

Hank-KKD

Yes, many things. I can't give concrete examples because ultimately, it is up to the judges' discretion.

I literally tell them this: "Coolness points are for anything which in your judgment is cool or impressive." That is the guideline they use when determining whether to award coolness points.

yumicchi88

Quote from: "GaleWolf"

Yes, many things. I can't give concrete examples because ultimately, it is up to the judges' discretion.

I literally tell them this: "Coolness points are for anything which in your judgment is cool or impressive." That is the guideline they use when determining whether to award coolness points.

hmm i see. and apperal is not included, right? ok.
Ill just see how it goes then.
how many judges are there usually?

arcadiapandora

Probably.

As I'm training towards being a coloratura soprano, I think its REALLY awesome when people hit super low notes. I find nothing impressive about high notes anymore, unless they're above D6 (D above high C). I'd give anyone super bonus points for hitting an incredibly low note, too (if I were a judge, that is ;o).
<3

RyannBTW

Quote from: "arcadiapandora"
Probably.

As I'm training towards being a coloratura soprano, I think its REALLY awesome when people hit super low notes. I find nothing impressive about high notes anymore, unless they're above D6 (D above high C). I'd give anyone super bonus points for hitting an incredibly low note, too (if I were a judge, that is ;o).
I always love hitting low notes.  I like the vibration I feel in my chest and the looks on the faces of the other choir girls.

Will you be coming to my warm-up at 12:30?
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%