Karaoke Contest 2007 Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 11, 2007, 01:12:57 AM

Desu

Quote from: "anime_freakx1000"^

oh! I know the answer! XDD! You don't need to stay for the whole thing, you can go after you're done. But you would want to be there when it ends like at 4 or something? because they are going to post the results. ^^

oh..and a question...if there is no karaoke for a certain song, can i just burn the origina song to a cd and give it, and then you guys would dampen it? o.O

Thank you. ^_^

RyannBTW

Quote from: "Akira Miyamoto"This is a little embarassing to ask, but I'm horrible at rote memorization. I mean, I have enough trouble memorizing songs in English, but it takes a killer amount of effort for me to get even a half-assed product in terms of remembering Japanese lyrics. So, I gotta ask, would it be illegal (or even frowned upon) to wear ear buds set to sync with one's song? It's pathetic, I know, but I still gotta ask...
I think I read somewhere before that this was not allowed, plus it would be hard to properly sync up with the music everyone else hears.

I think holding lyrics in your hand is allowed though.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

Akira Miyamoto

Ah, well there's something, even if it's a massive hit to your cool points...still better than losing presentation points because one can't remember their lyrics.

---

On another note, I did a forum search for a vocal dampener...couldn't find it...perhaps a helping hand from my fellow con-goers?
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

RyannBTW

Quote from: "Akira Miyamoto"Ah, well there's something, even if it's a massive hit to your cool points...still better than losing presentation points because one can't remember their lyrics.

My thoughts exactly.  I'm still going to memorize it, but I'm planning on taking the paper, just in case.
---

On another note, I did a forum search for a vocal dampener...couldn't find it...perhaps a helping hand from my fellow con-goers?

Current projects:

kuroi

Okay, I've got a bunch of questions before I make a decision on what song I'll register with...

1. Is an original song by a J-pop artist but sung completely in English okay if it was released on a single for a song featured in a video game?

2. Are we allowed to use instrumental versions of the song as a kareoke track? (like instead of vocals, the notes are played on another instrument, like piano or fllute)

3. I know it says no a capella, but if a song starts out a capella for the first verse, but then has accompaniment for the second, is that okay?

4. Can we register both as part of a duet and single, or will we have to choose one or the other?

^_^ sorry for all the questions! I've just been having a hard time narrowing down songs. Thanks in advance!
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

anime_freakx1000

..today is May 6...X_X...*is waiting for application*

RyannBTW

Quote from: "anime_freakx1000"..today is May 6...X_X...*is waiting for application*
You and me both.  I have my email account open in another tab so I can watch for notification (assuming they make a post in this thread when the link is available).

Current projects:

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "RyannBTW"
Quote from: "anime_freakx1000"..today is May 6...X_X...*is waiting for application*
You and me both.  I have my email account open in another tab so I can watch for notification (assuming they make a post in this thread when the link is available).
I shall be checking until I have to go to work...

RyannBTW

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"
Want me to call you when it comes up?

Current projects:

Akira Miyamoto

It seems everyone's waiting on pins and needles...I myself stayed up past midnight last night to see if they'd post it then....

Also, are J-Pop songs on Japanese releases of American movies count?

(Web of Night (English) by T.M. Revolution)
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

RyannBTW

Quote from: "Akira Miyamoto"It seems everyone's waiting on pins and needles...I myself stayed up past midnight last night to see if they'd post it then....

Also, are J-Pop songs on Japanese releases of American movies count?

(Web of Night (English) by T.M. Revolution)
I actually asked about that (on page 2 I think), and they said it would be posted some time during the day.

As for the song, it's still J-Pop, isn't it?  Ergo it is allowed.

Current projects:

Akira Miyamoto

yumicchi88

where should i be looking at to see the sign-up update!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"
Want me to call you when it comes up?
Yeah...

RyannBTW

Quote from: "yumicchi88"where should i be looking at to see the sign-up update!!
I looked at last year's thread for reference, and it should appear at the bottom of the first post.

Current projects:

yumicchi88

Quote from: "yumicchi88"where should i be looking at to see the sign-up update!!
I looked at last year's thread for reference, and it should appear at the bottom of the first post.

thank you for the info! so, i guess they are not ready yet. i cant wait!
oh, speaking of signing up, do you have to list songs you are singing with it?
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

RyannBTW

Quote from: "yumicchi88"

thank you for the info! so, i guess they are not ready yet. i cant wait!
oh, speaking of signing up, do you have to list songs you are singing with it?
Yes, for scheduling reasons.  Let's say we have three people singing the latest Bleach opening theme.  These three people would be spread through the preliminaries so that the audience doesn't have to hear the same song two or three times in a row.  Get it?

Current projects:

Perfectlocke

Is it okay if you sing a song usually sung by a girl and just lower it an octave?

anime_freakx1000

^

I think its ok...just as long as you don't lower the key of the karaoke. ^^ Because you can't do that in the karaoke contest...

O_O..I AM STILL WAITING! XDD! ARGGHHH! *is not a patient person*

RyannBTW

Me neither.  I'm going back and forth between this thread and my costume every few minutes. @_@

Current projects: