Staff Parking

Started by Braveheart, May 03, 2007, 08:35:04 PM

Braveheart

Is there going to be free or validated parking for fanime staff? I am trying to decide if I should drive or if it will be cheaper to take BART or Amtrak to the con. I know from the staff meetings it can be expensive to park in the garage it was $7 for an hour and a half. I think I saw something that said $18 max but I think that was a day.

Oh an on an unrelated topic how do I get my board ranking changed to staff?
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

*Proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines

LordKefka

This board ranking has to do with board moderators keeping everything in order. The green is moderator and yellow/orangy colors are people who are admins of the site.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Braveheart

Ohh ok, my bad. I thought "Staff" was for Fanime staff and "Moderator" was for forum moderators. Anyone know anything regarding staff parking?
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines

astroboy

LMAO...ohh man I wish being on staff entitles you to free parking.

There's no such thing as staff parking.

here's a map of the area...good luck!

http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map.php

Braveheart

Nevermind I found what I was looking for if you stay in the Mariott

"50% OFF DAILY PARKING FOR REGISTERED FANIMECON HOTEL GUESTS!"
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Braveheart"Nevermind I found what I was looking for if you stay in the Mariott

"50% OFF DAILY PARKING FOR REGISTERED FANIMECON HOTEL GUESTS!"

I hope hilton has something like that too. lol
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kender

Mariott also only has valet parking =/.  From what I remember from past years that makes it about the same cost as self-parking over at the Hilton.

I don't remember the cost of parking being horrible at Hilton, though.  Around $50ish for four nights?  Maybe a bit more, but not much.  Plus having free access to my car without having to bug hotel staff to get it for me was a major win.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

Braveheart

If parking is that much you can forget it, I'll just take Bart or Amtrak.
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

lynneness

san jose downtown parking is free on the weekend for the selected parking. you can probably take free shuttle to go back and forth to the convention center.
> http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map.php
yellow parts are the free ones.

i do remember amtrak station is pretty close by (maybe ~5 blocks walk?), but bart is nowhere near the convention center. doesn't it stop at fremont (east bay) or burlingame (west bay)? if you're coming from west bay, you'll need to take caltrain, and walk about ~10 minutes or take free shuttle.
Anime Expo: 2006 (Attendee), 2007 (Staff, Interpreter), 2008 (Staff, Translator), 2009 (Assistant Manager, ePublications), 2010 (Manager, ePublications)
Fanime: 2007~2009 (Attendee)
Yaoicon: 2006~2008 (Attendee)

Kender

BART stops in Fremont.  You'd have to take lightrail I believe it is to get to the convention center from there.  Travel time would depend on how far you're coming away from.  Or find someone willing to pick you up from the station (it's about a 20/30 minute drive away if memory serves right).

Anywho, like some said there is some free parking on weekends in the area, but you just have to find it, pay for the little bit you're charged for the weekday parking, and then never move your car because you will lose your spot the moment you leave, XD;.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Kender"BART stops in Fremont.  You'd have to take lightrail I believe it is to get to the convention center from there.  Travel time would depend on how far you're coming away from.  Or find someone willing to pick you up from the station (it's about a 20/30 minute drive away if memory serves right).

Anywho, like some said there is some free parking on weekends in the area, but you just have to find it, pay for the little bit you're charged for the weekday parking, and then never move your car because you will lose your spot the moment you leave, XD;.

There is no light rail service from the fremont bart station. You have to take a bus from there to downtown san jose. It's the 180 express. You can get off in downtown san jose at one of the many light rail stops and then either walk or take the light rail to the convention center station, since it stops in front of the con center. Day Passes are like $5.25 and it takes about an hour to get there. I know this cause I used to do it before.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC