- 1 (33.3%)
Both
- 0 (0%)
Neither
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 16, 2007, 07:23:15 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Laser Quest all-night Lock-in? (JUNE) UPDATED INFO/POLL  (Read 17220 times)

deepbluevibes

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
Laser Quest all-night Lock-in? (JUNE) UPDATED INFO/POLL
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:20:21 AM »

ALSO REMEMBER THAT THIS GOES FROM MIDNIGHT TO 6AM IN THE MORNING. So if you can't stay out late... :( you can leave at any time, but yeah.

Honestly, i've been wanting to go to a Laser Quest lock-in again for a long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Quest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjfMBUbYKgk (On the video, the Modesto LQ has people with red/green lights instead of just green, and the maze is multi-colors and a tad brighter (as in, there are more lights on above you), but otherwise yeah, it's basically the exact same.)

(The movements in this video too are what most experienced players do, and what you'll see probably me and a few other people doing, the bending, weight lifting gun movement, etc.)

There's one in Modesto (where I live) on the 22nd, and one in Mountain View on the 16th.

A lock-in at LQ is basically as follows;

-You go to the LQ at midnight (or before, whenever)

-At midnight, everyone signs up for the lock-in who's pre-regged, and then the at-lock-in-registers go up and register.

-It's 30 dollars for pre-registered people by phone or in person, and 35 bucks at the door.

-Then, there are constant LQ games with varying themes (although about 50% of them are normal ones) from midnight to 6AM. Each game takes around 20 minutes, so you're getting 3 games an hour, and at 6 hours that's 18 games. Considering each game is normally about 8 bucks, you're saving a ton of money doing it this way.

-There is usually food/games gaven/done throughout the night, and such.

Anyways, i'd be up for it if anyone else would.

PRE-REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE; almost no one pre-registers in reality, but a TON of people show up at the door, so it's always good to pre-reg.

You can do this by calling the Modesto or the Mountain View location and pre-regging over the phone with your credit card, or in person.
Stupidest post/most uninformed person award goes to;

In DM the high hot also acts as the high tom, the open hat, the closed hat.

p.s. it never does that.

LadyKaren

• Post in the Shell: SAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 03:26:15 AM »

O.O

Do they have reflect shots?
Do they play super charge?
Do they have the pause after your shot before you can shoot again?
How do they tally live?
What is the distance and accuracy on their lazors?
Are the staff asses?

When and where, and I will be there.

And you'll laugh when I tell you what my first idea for sg was going to involve. :P

deepbluevibes

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 04:11:10 AM »

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
O.O

How do they tally live?
Are the staff asses?

When and where, and I will be there.

And you'll laugh when I tell you what my first idea for sg was going to involve. :P

In order;

-You can shoot lazers off mirrors, if this is what you mean

-Don't think they have this, no idea what this means, you get infinite shots unless you're playing speciality game types (and they do have them/play them)

-The fastest you can fire, the gun'll fire. I can kick out about six shots in a second, for example. Unless of course you meant after you're *hit*... And in that case, in the normal game type, that's 5 seconds before you're back up, and in other game types like Quicksilver or O.K. Corral, you have around 2 seconds before you're back up, and in one game type you have *no* down time. Some of the strategy types with limited lives give you a 10-15 second down time to go hide.

-On your gun, there is a little vid-screen thingy; when you get shot, it'll show who shot you and where they shot you, and then after this, it'll show your ranking in the game currently, and your total points, before you come back up.

-This is tricky to answer. LQ claims thier packs are even, but from having been a regular there for over 8 years, I can guarentee that while it changes a lot, some packs will absolutely dominate other packs. I once got a pack where I was unable to hit anyone more than 2 feet away, and I once got a pack that i was able to hit three people at once with one lazer blast.
These are extremes, but yeah, there are differences. The good thing is that by about the 3rd game at the lock-in, you should be able to know which ones suck and which ones don't.
On average though, they can easily shoot across the 2-floor maze and are rather accurate... unless you're playing an expert.
At which point, you can fire them point blank and they can disable the pack's ability to register a hit, legitimately, without cheating whatsoever.
>:D this is how I can run into a tower and take out 15 people without being hit once.

-When I last went, they were not asses in general. =P

All of these should apply to all LQ locations, except of course, the staff changes by location, and the packs change quality by location, but everything else is the exact same.

And if you want more info on how to legitimately avoid lazer blasts at point blank even, just ask; hell, i'll teach people even at the meetup or before it or whatever. (This should technically work at any given lazer tag place, but I know it works best at LQ)

p.s. it never does that.

~~Loktera~~

• Onegai Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:14:37 AM »

so... i can charge mag lazor?
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

LadyKaren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:42:38 AM »

Quote from: "deepbluevibes"
-You can shoot lazers off mirrors, if this is what you mean

No, not quite. A reflex shot is the shot we call when you get hit you have a two second window to shoot the person back before you go in to defense mode. You can shoot any lazers off mirrors… and light objects and some walls..

-Don't think they have this, no idea what this means, you get infinite shots unless you're playing speciality game types (and they do have them/play them)

Super charge is a specialty game that consists of 5 lives, infinite shots. You have to shoot 5 people before getting hit yourself. Once you’ve hit 5 people, you become “supercharged” and this is the only time you can actually attack the base and get base hit points. They would never let us play it back in Concord…

-The fastest you can fire, the gun'll fire. I can kick out about six shots in a second, for example. Unless of course you meant after you're *hit*... And in that case, in the normal game type, that's 5 seconds before you're back up, and in other game types like Quicksilver or O.K. Corral, you have around 2 seconds before you're back up, and in one game type you have *no* down time. Some of the strategy types with limited lives give you a 10-15 second down time to go hide.

Now that’s new. I’m used to the *shot* [one…two…] *shot*. Shooting constantly is going to be weird.  I’m also used to 10 seconds after you get shot, unless I’m playing with other rule. Hmm~

How do they tally live?

-On your gun, there is a little vid-screen thingy; when you get shot, it'll show who shot you and where they shot you, and then after this, it'll show your ranking in the game currently, and your total points, before you come back up.

O.O It’ll show you who are where they shot you? …wow. Ranking too, huh. I’m thinking my lazer tag is feeling really pathetic right now. Hell, and they charge me a crap load. I think I need to go out to Modesto more often. Hey, I went to Sacramento each weekend for Swing Dancing, I can go to Modesto for Lazer Tag.

-This is tricky to answer. LQ claims thier packs are even, but from having been a regular there for over 8 years, I can guarentee that while it changes a lot, some packs will absolutely dominate other packs. I once got a pack where I was unable to hit anyone more than 2 feet away, and I once got a pack that i was able to hit three people at once with one lazer blast.
These are extremes, but yeah, there are differences. The good thing is that by about the 3rd game at the lock-in, you should be able to know which ones suck and which ones don't.
On average though, they can easily shoot across the 2-floor maze and are rather accurate... unless you're playing an expert.
At which point, you can fire them point blank and they can disable the pack's ability to register a hit, legitimately, without cheating whatsoever.
>:D this is how I can run into a tower and take out 15 people without being hit once.

O.O! IT’S A TWO FLOOR AREANA?~  AND TOWERS?!? ….wow.

Are the staff asses?

-When I last went, they were not asses in general. =P

The staff hated me where I went. I was a regular - wasting like 75 a week on that stupid place. So I would go there like 3 nights a week and since it tends to be little kids' birthday parties on week nights, I'd be playing with the little kids and that's how a increased my skills. I think they hated me because I was a regular, I played with the kids, and they couldn't kick me out because I actually followed the rules unlike most of the regular. Oh, and the fact that I played with the kids, and I was up to par with their advance team. They hated me. I miss the astonishment I always got from the punk ass kids who thought they would "totally kill me" because I was a girl and they'd end up with negative scores....

Those were the days....

All of these should apply to all LQ locations, except of course, the staff changes by location, and the packs change quality by location, but everything else is the exact same.

And if you want more info on how to legitimately avoid lazer blasts at point blank even, just ask; hell, i'll teach people even at the meetup or before it or whatever. (This should technically work at any given lazer tag place, but I know it works best at LQ)

And yes, Lazor Quest is different than Q-Zar, to which I was playing at. I'll just have to get used to this now.

So... back to when and where because I am so totally there.

zoupzuop2

• Egads, how I've changed since my days here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"
so... i can charge mag lazor?

It's charge MAH lazer. MAH.

FOR THAT U GET SHOOP DA WHOOP.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

deepbluevibes

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 12:30:01 PM »

Well, when I mean it shows where they hit you, I mean it'd say something like;

"shoopdawoop" (that's the name of the guy that hit you) "lft shldr" (because he hit you in the left shoulder).

The places you can be hit on the pack are;

-stomach
-shoulders
-back
-sides of the lazer
-shooting inside thier lazer (this is the best target, surprisingly, and when the game's over and it shows where you got hit, 80% of my shots are hitting people in the lazer)

also on that note; when you finish they give you a little tally card with stats on it like;

-who hit you and where
-who you hit and where
-how many times you hit them in each place on the pack
-how many times they hit you on each place on the pack
-how much it cost you in points every time you got hit
-how much it cost them in points every time you got hit
-how many shots you fired off
-your percentage of shots that landed

and so on.

so yeah =P

p.s. it never does that.

zoupzuop2

• Egads, how I've changed since my days here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 01:48:52 PM »

-shooting inside thier lazer (this is the best target, surprisingly, and when the game's over and it shows where you got hit, 80% of my shots are hitting people in the lazer)

NOW IMMA CHARGIN UR LAZER

Hm, this sounds pretty fun. Maybe a summer-time date for this one?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Kazuko

• More than 2718 posts
  • ☆LOVE.EXE☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 02:35:42 PM »

I think there was one in pleasonton? buut if you wanna go to the modesto one then count me in

>:3

deepbluevibes

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:39:27 PM »

Like I said, modesto is like home-court advantage for me so by all means i'd want to go there...

but if there are LQ's that are more in the middle of an area that most people who'd want to go this can go to, i'd suggest there instead.

BTW, the LQ Modesto phone # is 1-209-526-0000

So I called the modesto one, here's some info;

Next lockin = May 18th (friday); All-You-Can-Eat lockin. 30 bucks pre-regged, 35 bucks at the door.

Next lock-in after the May one = June 22nd (friday); Fear Factor lockin (they have competitions on eating weird stuff). 30 bucks pre-regged, 35 bucks at the door.

p.s. it never does that.

Spiritsnare

• More than 2718 posts
  • ahwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »

I remember one in Mountain View.

I was actually thinking of posting something, but I figured I'd rather clear up my summer schedule first before organizing something.
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »

So then would anyone want to try for the May 18th one or would the June 22nd one be a far better choice?

p.s. it never does that.

XeNo

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »

I think either one would be fine I guess? May 18th or June 22 works fine. I just hope I can get a ride.

I went to Laser Quest last year for the first time in a group of 16. It was really fun and my first time playing laser tag. I got rank #7 overall on the games xD

Kegan_Flame

• I Bite :K
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 08:57:31 PM »

count me in ^___^

deepbluevibes

• Steel Angel Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 10:25:26 PM »

So then, I put a poll up on dates;

Do you want to go to the may 18th one, the June 22nd one, or both, or neither?

I can do both, but just wondering what people are thinking about doing etc.

Post again once you've done your poll post if you want to just so I know who you are and what you voted =P

p.s. it never does that.

shortpachoo

• Prince of Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »

I would go to this, haven't done laser quest in a while.  June date is better since the Makers Faire is next weekend

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Inuashley

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 11:42:25 PM »

Jeez, that arena sounds so much more awesome than the arena relatively nearby my house. Unfortunely, I live about 5 hours south of Fanime(near LA), so I obviously won't be able to attend>< That sounds so awesome though ^^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Kegan_Flame

• I Bite :K
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 12:06:02 AM »

i can't do it may and in june i am in wisconsin ;_;

LastElixir

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 12:14:04 AM »

sounds pretty awesome.

and karen scares me, she's gonna kick all our asses.

j

mDuo13

• Onegai Post
  • ――――前略、お元気ですか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 12:30:42 AM »

I suck at laser tag but it's pretty rockin', so I'm down whenever it happens. Unless I have work.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 27 queries.