Room Rates

Started by zoupzuop2, May 09, 2007, 02:24:22 PM

zoupzuop2

Okay, so I'm considering bunking up for this year, although something eludes me (other than money).

I see the rate $85 for a room at X hotel. Okay, that's great.
Is that for the whole weekend? Or is that just for a night?? Or...? How does it all figure out? Is it a certain amount of prescribed days at a fixed rate each day? Is it something else?

How do I figure this stuff out?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Fructose

If it says $85, it means $85 per room, per night. i.e. 2 rooms for 3 nights, $510 bucks for the whole trip.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "Fructose"If it says $85, it means $85 per room, per night. i.e. 2 rooms for 3 nights, $510 bucks for the whole trip.

It also depends on how many people are staying in the room. My friends and I reserved a room for 4 people and I believe that came out to $110 a night plus tax. But if you're planning on getting a room, you better reserve one ASAP, I don't think there's a whole lot left (at least for the entire 3 days).

Barnes

EDIT: Fanime 2007 has been over for months now.

Or if you want, you can room with someone and split the cost, maybe.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

addy

isnt there a fanime discount or something?

DivineChaos

Quote from: addy on November 24, 2007, 12:35:13 AM

I don't know, but I don't remember there being any last time.  If anything, they would: 1) Mark up prices, and give the Fanime people a "discount" where they paid normal price, or 2) charge more for the rooms because of Fanime (Law of Supply and Demand)

Quote from: Barnes on May 09, 2007, 04:02:33 PM
$85 a night per room.
Don't forget:
8.25% tax
10% City fee?

Correct me if I am wrong.

There's no additional fee no matter how many people you stick in a room, right?

phoenixphire24

Quote from: DivineChaos on November 25, 2007, 04:38:38 AM
Quote from: addy on November 24, 2007, 12:35:13 AM

I don't know, but I don't remember there being any last time.  If anything, they would: 1) Mark up prices, and give the Fanime people a "discount" where they paid normal price, or 2) charge more for the rooms because of Fanime (Law of Supply and Demand)

Quote from: Barnes on May 09, 2007, 04:02:33 PM
$85 a night per room.
Don't forget:
8.25% tax
10% City fee?

Correct me if I am wrong.

There's no additional fee no matter how many people you stick in a room, right?

The $85 a night from last year was already discounted. The Fanime housing staff negotiate a discounted rate for Fanime since con-goers take up so many hotel rooms.

Some hotels charge extra for having 4 people stay in a room vs 1 or 2 people, that's why they ask how many adults/kids are staying. There's usually a max amount of people that can stay in the room (I believe it's 4 for the Fanime rooms). However, at Fanime, people usually get around this by saying that only 2 people are in the room, and then hoping they don't get caught with extra people.