Identification for 10 year old who look 12?

Started by uzutake, May 13, 2007, 11:05:40 PM

uzutake

Would an ID be required for a 10 year old who looks older than their actual age?

Oh! And what's the difference between a child's badge and an adult badge (paper)? For this, I am just curious. I think it was the color last year, but I didnt have a paper badge, so I dont know for sure.

Krnchichiri

The ID is usually for verifying that the person picking up the badge is indeed, the person. I don't think the age for a 10 year old who still looks like a young person is really necessary. As long as that 10 year old isn't trying to fake their age by saying they're 17, it should be fine. After the badge is picked up, ID isn't really checked, though I'd carry it around anyways.

Wasn't the paper badge the same thing for everyone, but different colors for days? o.0 I have no idea.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

hellangel

i've been taking my little brother to con since he was like...8? Yeah. Anyway, what happens is that you go to the normal reg line and have the kid fill out the paper reg thing even though the child's pass is free. when you get the counter, tell 'em it's for a child pass (there should be a box for that on the reg sheet, though). the reg person will ask for the kid's year of birth for verification.

that's it =]

the first time i took my bro, he registered every day. we discovered that the child pass was the same for each day, so the following years we just registered once. it's just a simple yellow paper in a plastic badge holder thing.
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX