2007 Arcade Game List! [Please Sticky]

Started by Spiritsnare, May 16, 2007, 06:17:18 PM

OCEguy

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"
Quote from: "Otakuya"So about WMMT2, is it gonna be 4 linked? AX had 4 machines with 4 player races last year.
oh god, i hope this is how its gonna be setup...

You got it.  4 WMMT2 linked.  They are up and running.

magz

Just an update for those that haven't been to the con yet.

The current fighting game lineup is as follows:

CVS2
Third Strike
Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) (BTW, nobody plays this game. Replace with Slash!)
KOF XI
Guilty Gear Accent Core (Does not work yet. Needs new joysticks/connectors? Hopefully fixed today. Send to SJSU after Fanime >_>)
Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver. B (Not B2, I'm pretty sure. Send to SJSU after Fanime >_>)

Oh, and Tekken 5. Not sure what version.

deepbluevibes

Spiritsnare

Game list updated.

Also, props to the guy who slaughtered upwards of 48 people on a single credit on Act Cadenza.
epic progressive

vox

Kazuhide Aeiji

Quote from: "magz"Just an update for those that haven't been to the con yet.

The current fighting game lineup is as follows:

CVS2
Third Strike
Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) (BTW, nobody plays this game. Replace with Slash!)
KOF XI
Guilty Gear Accent Core (Does not work yet. Needs new joysticks/connectors? Hopefully fixed today. Send to SJSU after Fanime >_>)
Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver. B (Not B2, I'm pretty sure. Send to SJSU after Fanime >_>)

Oh, and Tekken 5. Not sure what version.

OMG THEY HAVE ACCENT CORE!? Damn. There goes all my spare change. Guess the dealer's room isn't gonna see much of me. And dammit all that SJSU is going to have the AC machine. SFSU already ditched Slash for XX and that made me sad panda :(

@Spiritsnare: who was that guy that racked up a 48 game win-streak?

magz

Quote from: "Kazuhide Aeiji"@Spiritsnare: who was that guy that racked up a 48 game win-streak?

He's from central U.S (the term escapes me).

Didn't quite catch a name though. He played Satsuki.

Kazuhide Aeiji

Quote from: "magz"
Quote from: "Kazuhide Aeiji"@Spiritsnare: who was that guy that racked up a 48 game win-streak?

Wow, a non-southern californian. Wonder if he's going to be there on Sunday.

Makou

Wow. That sounds like quite a record. I wish I could have played him. A Sacchin user....fufufuu.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Kazuhide Aeiji"

And just as a side note, I heard that the guy left of his own volition, rather than losing to a person (because he didn't want to be a prick, I heard).

edit Accent Core is now online, last I heard through a call to Tsubasa just five minutes ago.
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

Kazuhide Aeiji

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Kazuhide Aeiji"

And just as a side note, I heard that the guy left of his own volition, rather than losing to a person (because he didn't want to be a prick, I heard).

edit Accent Core is now online, last I heard through a call to Tsubasa just five minutes ago.

What a nice guy~

About Accent Core: SWEET. I AM SO THERE TOMORROW. (probably costs 50 cents...some well spent 50 cents fuhuuhuuhuu)

Tsubasa

MBAC made the arcade for me this year.  Took me off KoFXI, which I play a lot.  It's been too long since I've tried to play the game seriously, so my play was a bit inconsistent, but it was still quite fun.  And it was a pleasant surprise to find other people who could play.  If anyone here is wondering who I was, I was the Akiha and V. Sion player.  With a little Ren to the side.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

Im sorry, Im guilty of this. I had no idea where I could find some drum sticks, however I am aware of the sensitivity of the machine and did not bang it "bongo style" with my palms rather I lightly tapped it with my index and middle fingers causing me to do poorly and straing my forearms. Luckily, a nice individual, as they often are at Fanime, offered to let me use his sticks on the last song.

mDuo13

When I left, the Satsuki player had a win streak of over 40 posted on the screen, for sure. I'm impressed.

OniCourseMusha

DBV: Nice to meet ya! It was great talking wit u!  We need to hang out again!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

scsa20

I figured I might as well ask my question here

On Monday (I do believe) I saw a few people playing this one type of fighting game on the 360 where it looks like bubblegum crises char. fighting.  I asked them what the game was called but they didn't knew so I was wondering if someone here knew what it was called.  Thanks for any asst.
GTL Video in the makes!  Check the GTL forums.  My site well also have information on it when it's avaible!

deepbluevibes

scsa20

Nope, it wasn't DOA4, it seriously looked like all the chars were from Bubblegum Crises.  It's like you use an air craft and fight in the air but in the same since as 2D fighting
GTL Video in the makes!  Check the GTL forums.  My site well also have information on it when it's avaible!

Tsubasa

Quote from: scsa20

Nope, it wasn't DOA4, it seriously looked like all the chars were from Bubblegum Crises.  It's like you use an air craft and fight in the air but in the same since as 2D fighting
Senko no Ronde, the STG fighter.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: "magz"Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) (BTW, nobody plays this game. Replace with Slash!)

Going to have to disagree with you, BIG TIME!!! I saw a decent amount of people playing HnK and those first time players (including me) seemed to have enjoyed the game even if we didn't know how to do some things at first. If you have nothing good or nice to say about a game, just don't say it.