SWAP MEET 2007 -- 5/19/07

Started by angeljibrille, May 16, 2007, 06:43:44 PM

Aya Brea

Quote from: "angeljibrille"

Uh... you managed to confuse me with this question?

Basically, 1 space costs $20 and you can share your space with one other person. There will technically be no "half" spaces per se. You would never have 3 people in one space, only 2.  I'm not sure how I can be clearer than that ^_^;;

Aoh, okay.  We'll have person number three in our group hang out in front of our booth on Friday, then ^_^;;;;  Can she at least come in together me and person number two to help us set up before the swap meet opens?  I can always just buy two spaces on Thursday to get her in the door with us, but it's kind of a shame for someone who actually needs the floor space to sell.  

Last year they sold half spaces so I thought maybe the 2 limit was for that.  Sorry if I complicated the question ^_^;;;;

nekokazzie

I have a friend who wants to sell some of his wire figures that he makes along with his old anime stuff, but on the form it says he needs a permit if he's selling things that are home made. Even if he doesn't have the permit, can he still bring some or should he just leave them off completely?
' I reject your reality and substitute my own!' - Mythbuster's Jamie ^-^

angeljibrille

Quote from: "nekokazzie"I have a friend who wants to sell some of his wire figures that he makes along with his old anime stuff, but on the form it says he needs a permit if he's selling things that are home made. Even if he doesn't have the permit, can he still bring some or should he just leave them off completely?

Well, selling stuff you made without a permit is against the law. If it's just a couple of items, it's not a big deal because that falls under the "selling your junk" clause. However, If you have many of these figures for sale, Artist Colony is a much better venue for you:
http://fanime.com/events/artist_colony.html

And, as you see, you need a Seller's Permit for Artist Colony as well.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "nekokazzie"I have a friend who wants to sell some of his wire figures that he makes along with his old anime stuff, but on the form it says he needs a permit if he's selling things that are home made. Even if he doesn't have the permit, can he still bring some or should he just leave them off completely?

Well, selling stuff you made without a permit is against the law. If it's just a couple of items, it's not a big deal because that falls under the "selling your junk" clause. However, If you have many of these figures for sale, Artist Colony is a much better venue for you:
http://fanime.com/events/artist_colony.html

And, as you see, you need a Seller's Permit for Artist Colony as well.

Yeah. If he was just selling random crap around the house he wouldn't need a permit, but if these figures are things he made and he has a lot of them it'd be better to get a table and try to sell them there.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "FiliKlepto"

Sorry, no, just one box. Max Size should be about the size of Comic Book Long Box.

If you have two people splitting a spot, can there be one per person?

I don't understand how we ended up with so much adult material.  It's not mine, I swear! XD

Sorry, only one box per space. This is so that it's easy for our staff to do our rounds and check on what's going on.

This is better than previous years where NO hentai stuff was allowed ^^;;

I'm actually going to have one box of hentai as well.  It's mostly back issues of Pasocom Paradise, a hentai computer-game magazine.  I'll bring a lot of issues and if some sell on Thursday I'll refill the box for Friday.  I might also have some hentai art-books to sell also.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Eurobeat King

Day 0's Swap Meet was pretty good last night, and I'm looking forward to tonight's! :)  I sold some of my stuff and still have a lot to sell.   See you all later today/tonight!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

sunrise-oasis

HEY whats going on with the form? i check the link and theres nothing but a 404 error message!!!! And just last year people are selling their artworks? ar eyou telling me we cannot do that anymore? (SWAP MEET NOT Artist alley)

Keys

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 14, 2008, 09:26:41 AM
HEY whats going on with the form? i check the link and theres nothing but a 404 error message!!!! And just last year people are selling their artworks? ar eyou telling me we cannot do that anymore? (SWAP MEET NOT Artist alley)

That form was for Fanime 2007.  The form for Fanime 2008 is not yet posted.

Remember, swap meet is primarily for people to sell their old anime merchandise.  It is not a secondary Artist Alley.  Furthermore, selling original works requires a seller's permit, so if someone were to sell a few of their original items at swap meet along with their other merchandise, they would need to present one of those to the swap meet staff during check-in.  It may be that some people slipped through without one last year, but that jeopardizes the event for the rest of the fans.

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Keys on February 14, 2008, 10:50:24 AM

Remember, swap meet is primarily for people to sell their old anime merchandise.  It is not a secondary Artist Alley.  Furthermore, selling original works requires a seller's permit, so if someone were to sell a few of their original items at swap meet along with their other merchandise, they would need to present one of those to the swap meet staff during check-in.  It may be that some people slipped through without one last year, but that jeopardizes the event for the rest of the fans.

hey that was them, not me!...and I never knew there was a swapmeet pre-registeration last year just for the swapmeet. and I paid 10 dollars and not 20, maybe we got half space (but it felt like we have a 1/4 instead ! ) And I don't see how it jeoppardize the fans, i guess the only thing the fans are'nt satisfied is because they are looking for something they want that they could not afford from the DEALERS ROOM!. (and thats why im keeping a close eye on people asking for requests that they want something from the swap meet.

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 25, 2007, 07:12:57 AM
Day 0's Swap Meet was pretty good last night, and I'm looking forward to tonight's! :)  I sold some of my stuff and still have a lot to sell.   See you all later today/tonight!

hey eurobeat king ^ ^! (just a heads, im a friend from Cirilo). WHat items did you sold back then O_O!? i tried to look for you to find something I might want.but i think the last time i saw you was either selling transformers or powerrangers (unless that was someone else ).
Never mind, still im very curious what type of items you sell :o.....
(looking for something DearS related or Sailor moon related >_<!)

Keys

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 14, 2008, 06:49:52 PM
Quote from: Keys on February 14, 2008, 10:50:24 AM

hey that was them, not me!...and I never knew there was a swapmeet pre-registeration last year just for the swapmeet. and I paid 10 dollars and not 20, maybe we got half space (but it felt like we have a 1/4 instead ! ) And I don't see how it jeoppardize the fans, i guess the only thing the fans are'nt satisfied is because they are looking for something they want that they could not afford from the DEALERS ROOM!. (and thats why im keeping a close eye on people asking for requests that they want something from the swap meet.

I didn't think that I implied that you personally were doing it.  I'm sorry if you felt it came off that way.

The $10 was probably for a half space and not a full space.  There's only supposed to be one person in a space of that size at a time (though that person can be marshaling the belongings of multiple people), so if you had more, it would have indeed seemed crowded.

If people are selling things without a permit, not only could they get in trouble, but Fanime or the swap meet might potentially get in trouble as well.  In that way it jeopardizes the event for the rest of the fans.

sunrise-oasis

Alright then, So whats going to happen to the swap meet, is it going to be first come first serve or preregister??????
(as you can tell the link is still down and I got this weird feeling that Preregistering for the swap meet will be FULL in one day..was hoping for the first day first serve kind of deal!

Keys

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on February 15, 2008, 11:27:13 AM
Alright then, So whats going to happen to the swap meet, is it going to be first come first serve or preregister??????
(as you can tell the link is still down and I got this weird feeling that Preregistering for the swap meet will be FULL in one day..was hoping for the first day first serve kind of deal!

Actually, the Fanime site has had this information up for quite some time now, so I'm not sure what you mean by 'link is still down.'  This thread is dated for 2007.  It should probably be locked.

http://www.fanime.com/events/swap-meet

sunrise-oasis

alright then:::::....

Pre-Registration for Friday (5/23) seller space will open in the Spring.
Okay i assume this will be around MARCH!!!! right???

No Pre-Registration is needed for Thursday (5/22) Swap Meet.

I don't know whats going to happen to the thursday....in fact how the heck is there going to be a swap meet on thursday????and does'nt the convention starts on friday??? not before O_O!???