Fanime Con 2007 Karaoke Contest, Start List

Started by Hank-KKD, May 19, 2007, 05:01:52 PM

Hank-KKD

Fanime Con 2007 Karaoke Contest
Contestant Start List

Here is the official contestant order for the Fanime Con 2007 Karaoke Contest.

Contestants listen up! Everyone below needs to check in for the contest. Basically, you bring your badge and your contest music, and we will verify your information and songs. If you want to change your songs, you can also do that during check-in.  Once you check in, you cannot change your songs.

Check in times are as follows:
Friday: 6PM to 2AM
Saturday: 11AM to 12:30PM

Once the contest begins, the MC will only call up the entries who have checked in. So basically, if you don't check in, you will be dropped from the contest.

Group 1 (Early As Possible)

M. Datu
C. Bagarino
Q. Qin
M. Miranda
T. Gifford
J. Cheuk
C. Chang
A. Ondricka
M. Lara
Trsha & Alie (Group)
Shinzo-Ni (Group)
B. Cung

Group 2 (No preference)

M. O' Connor
T. Eckert
E. Chen
Y. Mori
T. Stebbins
E. Schweizer
K. Maranon

Group 3 (At-Con Signups)

(at least 5 entries)

Group 4 (As Late As Possible)

X. Dong
A. Parish
L. Deleon, B. Situ, S. Mah (Group)
K Squared (Group)
J. Chen
S. Reinert
K. Cunico
R. Dove
F. Caudillo
Newtype Novas (Group)
C. Padilla

yumicchi88

do you know the approximate starting time for the 2nd group?
I am planning to stay for the whole time, but just in case
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Hank-KKD

Assume about 3-4 minutes for each act to sing and get on/off the stage- if there are 12 acts in the first group, that will probably take about 36-48 minutes?

heeroyuy135

yumicchi88

im like right in the middle of group 2~

Akira Miyamoto

Oh god, I wanted to be near the end, but last?! That's not cool, that means that I get to follow every good act in the contest... I'm screwed...moreso...
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

arcadiapandora

<3

kawaiiaya

when is the earliest we can sign up at the con?

RyannBTW

Hm, if my calculations are right, I need to be there no later than three.  That should give me more than enough time to warm up and change my cosplay.

Thanks for the heads up!
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "kawaiiaya"when is the earliest we can sign up at the con?

9PM on Friday. See other post about At-Con signups for more info.

anime_freakx1000

Ok..what happens if we check in..and then come back at like...3 or something, but they already passed our name..what happens? Do we get kicked out of the karaoke contest?

And, will the results who got into the karaoke contest be told immediately after the karaoke contest (first round) ends? Or will we have to wait. XD;;

RyannBTW

Quote from: "anime_freakx1000"... will the results who got into the karaoke contest be told immediately after the karaoke contest (first round) ends? Or will we have to wait. XD;;
I thnk I heard that they'll be posted on the door after the contest is over, since contestants are not required to stay the entire time.

Current projects:

yumicchi88

Quote from: anime_freakx1000Ok..what happens if we check in..and then come back at like...3 or something, but they already passed our name..what happens? Do we get kicked out of the karaoke contest?

i think on the rules, it said if you are not there when your name is called, you are disqualified or something. let me check it.

Hank-KKD

If you don't check in, or if you aren't there when we call your name, you are out of the contest. That's why we post the contest order in advance.

kuroi

Man, I'm near the end...I can tell right now that I'm going to be freaking out five minutes after the prelims start and checking in every ten minutes to see if they're close, even though I'm like fifth from the end...Can anyone approximate what time Group 4 will start?

Also, for check-in, should we specify where we want the song to be cut off if the original goes over 2:30, or just let them cut it off at 2:30?
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

RyannBTW

Quote from: "kuroi"Man, I'm near the end...I can tell right now that I'm going to be freaking out five minutes after the prelims start and checking in every ten minutes to see if they're close, even though I'm like fifth from the end...Can anyone approximate what time Group 4 will start?

Also, for check-in, should we specify where we want the song to be cut off if the original goes over 2:30, or just let them cut it off at 2:30?
According to my calculations, group 4 should take up the last full hour, more or less.  I'm R. Dove (4th from the end), and if it would make you feel better you can warm up with me before we go on.

As for time, I believe they do cut you off at the time limit if you don't specify an earlier point.

Current projects:

yumicchi88

no fair, i wanna warm-up buddy too!
but since im like in the middle of the contest, its kinda hard for you guys to do the warm up like 2 hours before yours.

if you are gonna warm up, where are you doing it? i want preference.

Inuashley

I want to warm up too XD
EDIT: Where do we check in?
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

kuroi

Quote from: "RyannBTW"According to my calculations, group 4 should take up the last full hour, more or less.  I'm R. Dove (4th from the end), and if it would make you feel better you can warm up with me before we go on.

As for time, I believe they do cut you off at the time limit if you don't specify an earlier point.

I would love to warm up with you; warming up by yourself is kind of lonely, and odd for me. Do you know any good places around the con for warm-up?
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

RyannBTW

Okay, for everyone that wants to warm up with me, I'm going to the Naruto gathering at 1, rushing back to my hotel room to change after no more than an hour there, and then meeting up at the room.  I don't know what we'll have in terms of space, but if you haven't gone yet, look for a girl in Merciful Goddess cosplay (white dress, gold accessories, long dark ponytail) and you can join me.

Current projects: