TV Question

Started by Zekke, May 20, 2007, 10:16:45 PM

Zekke

Ok, my friend and I were wondering that since usually you cant hook game systems up to the TV in the room, what if we brought our own in to the room? I know some if not most people have done this before probably, do the hotels mind people bringing in their own Tv? How did you get the Tv in there? Sneak it in or just bring it? Or do the TVs in the Marriot let you hook up systems?

Barnes

Last year in the Marriott, I saw color plugs in the front of the tv. So it should be good for gaming.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Zekke

hmm... I might leave the Tv in the van untill I can check out the room, if the jacks are good them i wont have to bring it in. But anyone else bring in a tv to their room?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Zekke"hmm... I might leave the Tv in the van untill I can check out the room, if the jacks are good them i wont have to bring it in. But anyone else bring in a tv to their room?

I know people have done it before. I wouldn't recommend it and here's why:

Additional fire hazard.

I'm pretty sure that both hotels have available AV connections so that you can easily plug in your systems. I know for a fact that the Marriott does...that's where I've stayed the last two years at Fanime and each time it was really easy to hook stuff up.

Hilton, I'm pretty sure they have front cables. If not they at least have them in the rear and it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

So, you can bring your TV up if you want...I just wouldn't recommend it.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

nekokazzie

Well, i know the marriot does have the color plugs for systems, but last year my friends couldn't hook anything up while we stayed in the hilton because they needed a converter or something( i dunno what those things are called...so yeah...) I guess it depends on where you're staying, plus you could always ask the hotel^^
' I reject your reality and substitute my own!' - Mythbuster's Jamie ^-^

Zekke

k sweet, well hopefully the tv there will work fine.