1 (3.8%)
Less than 3 hrs
0 (0%)
Less than 4 hrs
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 27, 2007, 12:48:03 AM

TheNipponese

Just have to say, I waited THREE & HALF hours in line today, and that was NOT cool.

Fanime '07 (on Saturday, at least) was UNDER-STAFFED, and those staff members were wildly under-trained; it took me 5+ minutes from getting to the reg booth, to getting my pass. 5 min x 8 (# of reg booths?) means that the line only processed about 96 people in an hour...

I think this is kinda crazy for a con the size of Fanime. And these types of main-stream anime cons will only get bigger!

This really isn't fair to your paying attendees, nor is it fair to the vendors trying to sell us stuff.

heeroyuy135

I think Fanime underestimated the amount the people that were registering on Saturday...Friday wasn't too bad in terms of the registration, but yeah Saturday was way worse.

kinderkat

My party waited 3-1/2 hours with a toddler to get into the show.  That was crazy.  

What's wrong with selling the day tickets on line like the whole week tickets?  You would have more people in the show then outside of it trying to get in.  And it would take a major strain off your registration booths and staff.  Your walk-in would be 1/5 of what Saturday's lines were like.  And you would have sold more tickets as well.

Animation is a big hit in the US and word of mouth travels far among those who attend.  I strongly suggest that you rethink this plan and speed up the process.  Have everyone bring a print out that has a bar code on it that once scanned would automatically print out the info on the badges and move the lines faster.

cocoavvie

I waited only around 15 minutes to get in. :D Partly because I came pretty early, and because it was a Sunday =P

M

On behalf of Registration, I apologize for the line... We are continually working on running people through the line faster... Obviously, we are working on it by doing such things as putting more booths up (we had 10 this year, 2 more than last year) and getting more staff.

If you have an idea that you would like to Registration staff to hear, please send a polite email (emails filled with swearing and insults will be promptly discarded) to registration at fanime dot com.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Krnchichiri

Gah, I'm sorry!

It was like, my second day registering people there.. and I'm totally serious. It's really hard to register people fast if their handwriting is horrible- I'm serious. It took me about 10 minutes to register this couple whose slips were chicken scratches and it really looked like it. I had to keep their IDs to copy down their information, I couldn't use their slips. The only word I could read was "Krystal" and that was just due to seeing letters "k", "ys", "l". It was... depressing. Tip #1: if your neighbor in line can't read your registration slip, don't give it to staff. It'll take WAY longer to register. And take out your I.D. before you go to a booth... and take out your money/credit/check.

But I digress. We try our best to be faster, but sometimes we just can't help it. >.<
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

felicity869

pre-reg and get over it? I'm sorry to sound mean but if you try to pick up your badge on the busiest day of the con you had to expect to stand in line for quite awhile.

Tuplica

I spent about... I dunno, 20 minutes in line on Thursday night (near closing, so that's probably why) for pre-reg.  Wasn't so bad.  The guy who took care of getting my badge was prompt and friendly.  A nice change from last year.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Barnes

Thurs-I waited like 6hrs and 15mins.
Beacuse I lined up before 11am. XD
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Barnes"Thurs-I waited like 6hrs and 15mins.
Beacuse I lined up before 11am. XD

lol whhyyyyy?
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Jelly Donut

I'm a dummy, and honestly, didn't expect there would be a line. Coming from the Comicon in San Francisco, which was my first comic convention, we just paid and went right on in. Didn't take no more than five minutes. I thought it would have been the same thing at Fanimecon.

Looks like I'm going to have to pre-register next time.

LordKefka

It does NOT take 5 minutes to process and cough up a badge for a person unless everyone happen to screw up. It takes me an average of 30 seconds to a minute if THEY PAY IN CASH. With a credit card, yes, it does take a bit longer not because we suck at doing it, it's because there is about a dozen steps to go through. I hope people can understand this and that it would be easier if cash was used next time.

And we had 10 booths opened. The pre-reg side even had a booth open because it was so busy.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jelly Donut

Quote from: "LordKefka"It does NOT take 5 minutes to process and cough up a badge for a person unless everyone happen to screw up. It takes me an average of 30 seconds to a minute if THEY PAY IN CASH. With a credit card, yes, it does take a bit longer not because we suck at doing it, it's because there is about a dozen steps to go through. I hope people can understand this and that it would be easier if cash was used next time.

Huh? Are you responding to my post? 'Cause you sound kinda agitated.

LordKefka

Quote from: "Jelly Donut"
Quote from: "LordKefka"It does NOT take 5 minutes to process and cough up a badge for a person unless everyone happen to screw up. It takes me an average of 30 seconds to a minute if THEY PAY IN CASH. With a credit card, yes, it does take a bit longer not because we suck at doing it, it's because there is about a dozen steps to go through. I hope people can understand this and that it would be easier if cash was used next time.

Huh? Are you responding to my post? 'Cause you sound kinda agitated.

Nonono..lol

I'm responding to the topic creator's post. Sorry about that.

And agitated, not really. But it is a little frustrating to explain to people it is almost impossible to keep up with how fast people were lining up for the con on Saturday. None of us slacked nor were we understaffed.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jelly Donut

Quote from: "LordKefka"Nonono..lol

Oh, okay. Man, I was thinking, "Damn, LordKefka is upset about me pre-registering for the next Fanimecon?"

"...This can't be."

:lol:

...And I can vouch for the employees there not slacking off. It's a lot of work, I know. From what I observed, these guys were working their tails off.

LordKefka

Oh, okay. Man, I was thinking, "Damn, LordKefka is upset about me pre-registering for the next Fanimecon?"

"...This can't be."

Almost want to make me destroy the world a 3rd time..  :twisted:
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Sen

Quote from: "LordKefka"

"...This can't be."

Calm down!  :P

I don't think we were understaffed. I think what slowed us down was the actual registration process especially for non-cash payments. There's always room for improvement.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

LordKefka

Quote from: "Sen"
Quote from: "LordKefka"

"...This can't be."

Calm down!  :P

I don't think we were understaffed. I think what slowed us down was the actual registration process especially for non-cash payments. There's always room for improvement.

I know...>.>;

I've been having to reply to too many of the same questions... ugh...
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PogiChoie

I find it delicious that the OP hasn't posted a response for a few days now.

E-Chan

Actually, the only real suggestion I'd have to make on the reg line that could be used next year is...

Umm... have a couple more tables outside where people can write their info, rather than in that one spot during the last five minutes... it's bad to expect legibility when people are using each other as writing surfaces.

I'd love to see the line move faster as a whole, but there's only so much that can be done... it would help if there was a way to pre-reg for a single-day pass online... so that way more people who know they're only going to be there for a single day can just go to the pre-reg line... or something...

It's hard to say, I didn't work reg, I just did line control, which wasn't fun.
Watashi wa... Anata no Ushiro...