Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

pockystix

Hey guys, did I mention Shiraishi Minoru?

Do it. Seriously.

Oh, and Chihara Minori is good, too. But her coming back to America is a bit unrealistic. ^^;
New sn = Meirin

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: pockystix on November 27, 2007, 09:57:32 PM
Hey guys, did I mention Shiraishi Minoru?

Do it. Seriously.

Oh, and Chihara Minori is good, too. But her coming back to America is a bit unrealistic. ^^;

Vivian...

WE WISH. ;_;

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Gatsby

I hope to see Dir En Grey and KOTOKO. My friend hopes for L'Arc~En~Ciel which would be cool.

Mizuki

yumicchi88

LM.C !!!! I want to hear "Boys & Girls" in person!!!!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Nina Star 9

Quote from: yumicchi88 on December 07, 2007, 12:40:16 AM
LM.C !!!! I want to hear "Boys & Girls" in person!!!!!
If we got LM.C, we would just have to bring out JiLL-Decoy association to off-set them. You know, have a Red Garden op/ed thing going on.

Plus, everyone needs more funky jazz in their lives.

saku

Voice Actor/Actress:
Kishio Daisuke
Miyano Mamoru
Ishida Akira
Sugita Tomokazu
Konishi Katsuyuki
Suwabe Junichi
Suzuki Tatsuhisa
Yoshino Hiroyuki
Kaida Yuki
Saiga Mitsuki

Manga-ka:
Ninomiya Tomoko
Kure Yuki

I would be really happy if I could meet them... especially Kishio Daisuke

lapislazulai

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but all us coming up from Vegas want Yuri Lowenthal.

He's going to be Pip from Hellsing Ultimate; and everyone knows they secretly love Hellsing. >_>

Ayamachi

I second Yuri Lowenthal!

For seiyuu the list is very long...very, very long. I don't even know which like traveling. =/ For now I'll leave it at Hoshi Souichirou, Suwabe Junichi, and Miyano Mamoru. But hell, I'm already going for Kiuchi Hidenobu.  ;D

And IF YOU CAN GET ELLEGARDEN.

I WILL DIE.

HOMAN.
Alternate personalities for Fanime 2008:
TimeJump Hinata: 9%
Koumei: 8%
Black Jack: 67%
Gwendal: 38%

Leviathan

Manga-ka:

Matsuri Hino

That would be so awesome if she could come. All Vampire Knight cosplayers gather and protect their creator.  :D

PyronIkari

Quote from: Ayamachi on December 11, 2007, 06:24:14 PM

And IF YOU CAN GET ELLEGARDEN.

I WILL DIE.

HOMAN.

Elle is extremely capable of getting. They come to the US for shows occasionally, they are just starting to release US albums, this is a GREAT chance for them to hit a giant market. Wonder if Fanime staff is going to pick up on this. Not just because I'm a fan of ////elle, mave all the albums, and DVDs... but because they would be a good pull.

Tony

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 13, 2007, 11:11:09 AM
Elle is extremely capable of getting. They come to the US for shows occasionally, they are just starting to release US albums, this is a GREAT chance for them to hit a giant market. Wonder if Fanime staff is going to pick up on this. Not just because I'm a fan of ////elle, mave all the albums, and DVDs... but because they would be a good pull.
My ears are burning. No, I didn't light a q-tip.

But AVEX and Sony are knocking, so them first...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Nina Star 9

SMA Players = a division of Sony, correct? and SMA Players = the label that Amano is with... correct? ;P

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2007, 01:47:21 PM
Sony, Sony.... UVERworld!?!?! *wishful thinking*
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

FanFicGuru

If Yamaga-San is coming back this year, can you have him bring Katsuyuki Konishi, Marina Inoue and Tetsuya Kakihara (Kamina, Yoko and Simon) from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan?

Last year at the panel he said he'd try to bring them with him next time. That would rock. ^_^

Ric Meyers would be fun to have again as well. He's a cool guy.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

GokuMew2

Quote from: FanFicGuru on December 14, 2007, 03:06:39 AM
If Yamaga-San is coming back this year, can you have him bring Katsuyuki Konishi, Marina Inoue and Tetsuya Kakihara (Kamina, Yoko and Simon) from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan?
Dude, that would be MOST AWESOME!

I went to the Gurren Lagann event in Japan over the summer and actually saw Yamaga san! Wanted to say hi and mention Fanime, but he was busy talking to other staffers, so yeah....

Konishi is HILARIOUS. Such a great person on stage and daaaaaaaaaaaaang, Kakki, that boi can SCREAM! (He did Simon's "Giga Drill Breaker.") WOW! In short, I'm all for the GL cast at Fanime! =.DDDD Kakki and Hiyama were at Connichi in Germany this year so maybe???
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

keirabug

I would LOVE to see STEPHANIE YANEZ as a guest singer, or even perform at the half time show for the masqerade. anywhere, anytime, really! <3
Baby, the Stars Shine Bright

Kazuko

XD I wish for UVERworld or Ellegarden....Plastic Tree please ;-;

I really hope that Mitsukazu Mihara comes :3 shes a good manga-ka (creator of the DOLL series,chocolate, alice addict, ect. Also she has had her artwork on covers of the gothic & Lolita bibles)

Tony

Quote from: GokuMew2 on December 13, 2007, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2007, 01:47:21 PM
Sony, Sony.... UVERworld!?!?! *wishful thinking*
Well now that it fell through... yes. We were going to get UVERworld.

We got down to the last bit of negotation (I started drafting the contract with our terms) but they decided they needed to focus on their fanbase in Japan, first. My guess is they'll be releasing new material soon and need to rally their fanbase before anything else. I can't blame them; frankly, I was happy they even considered us!

I'm awaiting confirmation on another band, more indy, that's been mentioned here. Hopefully we'll have things signed and announced mid-late january.

And then I'm booking the most awesome act ever for my own personal amusement.  ;D ... well, not really; that's irresponsible. But if money were no object...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Kazuko

Tony you made me cry ;_________________;