Room Prices for 2008 Question

Started by SarKastiQ1773, May 30, 2007, 05:18:37 PM

SarKastiQ1773

Ok, Im pre planning for next years fanime con. I'm planning to go to the con with around 12 people. Lets assume the prices are also $85 a night.

How much would it be for saturday and sunday night for $85 a night?

Theres around 12 of us. Probably 6 a room. Is this a good idea?

What would you do if you brought 12 friends? How would you split the prices between the people.

So most likely what would be the price including any tax for saturday and sunday night?

Plz help im like the co ordinator for the whole thing.
Your a ass
Your Friends a ass
Now leave me alone

-Hiaku-

FanFicGuru

If you have 12 people, instead of 2 rooms with 6, why not 3 rooms with 4?

Assuming the rooms are 90 dollars a night even, It's only 75 dollars per person for three nights.

Saturday and Sunday night only would be 45 per person for both nights put together.

I wouldn't recommend having 6 people in a regular sized room. I had a suite and for a couple nights we had 6 people, but there was plenty of room for them. Regular rooms wouldn't have that.

So, yeah...try for 3 rooms with 4 people each.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LadyKaren

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"If you have 12 people, instead of 2 rooms with 6, why not 3 rooms with 4?

Assuming the rooms are 90 dollars a night even, It's only 75 dollars per person for three nights.

Saturday and Sunday night only would be 45 per person for both nights put together.

I wouldn't recommend having 6 people in a regular sized room. I had a suite and for a couple nights we had 6 people, but there was plenty of room for them. Regular rooms wouldn't have that.

Or get two suites with 6 people each for 3 nights and pay 65 per person.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"If you have 12 people, instead of 2 rooms with 6, why not 3 rooms with 4?

Or get two suites with 6 people each for 3 nights and pay 65 per person.

That's true too.
Swap meet staff - 2014

SarKastiQ1773

I might not be able to follow any of that bcuz im sure noone would agree of me raising the price more.

I dont think they'll specifically check how many people are staying in the room since i guess i have to pay per person which im not going to do. I can just sneak them in
Your a ass
Your Friends a ass
Now leave me alone

-Hiaku-

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "SarKastiQ1773"I might not be able to follow any of that bcuz im sure noone would agree of me raising the price more.

I dont think they'll specifically check how many people are staying in the room since i guess i have to pay per person which im not going to do. I can just sneak them in

I'm confused. We just offered prices that were LESS than what you are saying. Or were you saying 85 dollars a night TOTAL for 12 people? because that's pretty unreasonable. If each person is only going to cough up like, 7 dollars per night, don't expect to get them into any sort of comfortable (or legal) sleeping arrangement.

I would recommend saving up more money. If you put 6 people into a suite for 2 nights, it'll be 25 per night PER PERSON. 50 dollars for two nights isn't that bad, considering 6 people in a suite is extremely do-able. (Karen did like, 10?)

My advice: get more money.
Swap meet staff - 2014

SarKastiQ1773

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "SarKastiQ1773"I might not be able to follow any of that bcuz im sure noone would agree of me raising the price more.

I'm confused. We just offered prices that were LESS than what you are saying. Or were you saying 85 dollars a night TOTAL for 12 people? because that's pretty unreasonable. If each person is only going to cough up like, 7 dollars per night, don't expect to get them into any sort of comfortable (or legal) sleeping arrangement.

I would recommend saving up more money. If you put 6 people into a suite for 2 nights, it'll be 25 per night PER PERSON. 50 dollars for two nights isn't that bad, considering 6 people in a suite is extremely do-able. (Karen did like, 10?)

When is the recommended date to book a room bcuz as of right now im not so sure whos going. So whens a recpmmended date to book
Your a ass
Your Friends a ass
Now leave me alone

-Hiaku-

Moonblossom

The discounted hotel bookings aren't going to open for a long while, probably. I would seriously wait until the official bookings are open, cause you'll get the best price that way. I'd say you have at least six months to figure things out, if not longer.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "SarKastiQ1773"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"

When is the recommended date to book a room bcuz as of right now im not so sure whos going. So whens a recpmmended date to book

They opened in early December for Fanime 2007. So..I'd say you've got 6 months before they open for people to book a room. I would book ASAP once they are open. Your card isn't charged when you book the room either, and you can cancel up to a week before the con, and even then you can still cancel when you contact the hotel directly.
Swap meet staff - 2014

snorlax

For those of you that are trying to sneak in extra bodies to your room or got away with it this past con, you are only doing a ruining it for all the honest con goers out there.

The reason why the hotel rates are as low as they are is because the rooms were sold based on the room type and not the number of people in the rooms as in past years. If you want to have the hotel rates go up and be charged based on "sneaking" in more than 4 to a room, keep it up. You have no one to blame but yourself.

I should also mention that there were rooms found with more than 4 people in them. The hotel's response? They enforced the max. occupancy rule and the guests 'had' to reserve a 2nd room or be kicked out.

Not only are you jeopardizing the low rates, you are also putting a risk on the lives of your friends. In the event there is a real fire, earthquake or emergency in a hotel and you have packed in more than 4 people to a room, you are only asking for trouble.

Leroy
FanimeCon Housing/CMR

Punkbuster

I honestly wouldn't want to have more than 3 people per room, no matter how much I like them all.

Being a cosplayer, my outfits take space that a closet doesn't have(wings, wig heads props, etc), and more people in the room is asking for a cosplay accident to happen, which no sane cosplayer wants to happen.

PenguinValentine

-___-" You are all going to suffocate.

But, is it seriously $85/night?! O___O"

mlarad

does anyone knows what the prices were in 2007 for the suites?

and the suites were available in the marriott and Hilton? or only in one of them?

ININ

Yes, the suites were available in the Marriott.  Don't know about the Hilton.  I'm not 100% sure the suites were available at con prices.  My gut feeling says yes for con prices.

One of my friends booked a suite and the suite looks great.  I'm getting a suite myself  ;)

astroboy

Quote from: Punkbuster on October 24, 2007, 12:56:40 AM
I honestly wouldn't want to have more than 3 people per room, no matter how much I like them all.

Being a cosplayer, my outfits take space that a closet doesn't have(wings, wig heads props, etc), and more people in the room is asking for a cosplay accident to happen, which no sane cosplayer wants to happen.
You forgot to also mention that cosplayers have an infamous reputation for taking a very long time in the bathroom.   ;)

I pity the inexperienced who ever tried to squeeze 4 cosplayers into 1 room without planning ahead. It can take a full hour to dress up (depending on costume).
4 cosplayers == 4 hours in the bathroom == NOT going to work.
Some type of agreement or plan would have to be devised, for example bathroom is for changing into clothes, anything else (wigs, makeup, prosthetic elf ears, etc do it outside in the room).

I assume girls have this problem more so then guys, but I just had to add that.  ;D

LadyKaren

Quote from: ININ on October 26, 2007, 02:46:12 PM
Yes, the suites were available in the Marriott.  Don't know about the Hilton.  I'm not 100% sure the suites were available at con prices.  My gut feeling says yes for con prices.

One of my friends booked a suite and the suite looks great.  I'm getting a suite myself  ;)

The suites in the Marriott are SOMETIMES available at convention prices. The Hilton suites will probably never be available at convention prices.

The junior suites at the Marriott were available though fanime last year, but are probably the only ones that would open this year.

You could try booking a suite at a normal price, but chances are, you'd be paying $500 a night.

LadyKaren

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 31, 2007, 07:39:29 PM
(Karen did like, 10?)

<.< ... Uhh... :D I wouldn't recommend it. Ever again.

ip136

Here's question regarding the 2008 Hotel accommodations... Since this thread has relevance to it and all.

The website, as of right now, states that room blocking will begin later this year, however it is the end of October. Is there a more definite ETA as to when we'll be able to reserve our rooms in the Fanime Housing block other than 'later this year'?
Clicky my Art Pwease?

phoenixphire24

Quote from: ip136 on October 30, 2007, 02:46:47 PM
Here's question regarding the 2008 Hotel accommodations... Since this thread has relevance to it and all.

The website, as of right now, states that room blocking will begin later this year, however it is the end of October. Is there a more definite ETA as to when we'll be able to reserve our rooms in the Fanime Housing block other than 'later this year'?

As far as I remember, the last 3 years they opened sometime in December.

LadyKaren

Quote from: ip136 on October 30, 2007, 02:46:47 PM

Rummer has it that the Hotel Site will be up in November. >.>

But I mean who am I to say? :P