Masquerade Staff Seating

Started by AngelWings, May 30, 2007, 05:28:26 PM

AngelWings

One of the things that would be a good thing to have figured out next con is to have a staff member put up signs or section of seating for the staff before the other attendees enter. Sadly this con my friend and I got in near the end of the line that was waiting to enter to get seated and we hustled to get good balcony seats. We were in the second row when a staff member had the first two bacony rows move because that was going to be used as staff seating. *That was rather annoying.* So we moved and due to luck we got fairly good seats. Then later on they said that the second row of balcony seating was actually not going to be used. *So we moved back to the second row.* And then when the masquerade started the first row didn't even seem to be used. It wasn't until latecomers started arriving during the masquerade that I realized the front row wasn't even being used by staff!
In the end my friend and I had good seats and we DID enjoy the masquerade, but I have to admit that interaction with the con staff really made me wonder at the organization going into this event. It was probably just one of those details that got overlooked.... I just hope in future it won't be.

angeljibrille

Wow. There WASN'T any reserved staff seating. Not any that I authorized anyway. I told staff they could sit up in the balcony, but we did not reserve seats for them.

We DO reserve the first 3 rows (on the floor) for Press, special guests, and performers. However, no seats in the balcony were reserved and there was no special staff seating.

I'm sorry you ran into this problem, it sounds like a random staffer took matters into their own hands without Masquerade Staff approval.

:(

Marisa
FanimeCon Cosplay Events Manager

Tenba

If it makes you feel any better, my newsletter staff mentioned something about getting chased out of their seats too.  I'll get more details and bring it up with the appropriate people.  Thank you for the reminder.

AngelWings

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm glad to hear that it was a random staffer and not a department error.

Sheepy

I posted the same thing in the other forum which came up with the same topic.

I do feel the need to defend myself (and my follow staff members involved).

I don't know about the actual rules for reserved seating, but I was ordered by my upper to save seats for registration staffers. Registration people apparently couldn't get out of their jobs before Masq started. (Or something along those lines.)

I apologize if I screamed at anyone or I made anyone get out of their original better seat, but I do believe we allowed people to move back to the 2nd and 3rd row when no one showed up at 7:30. Don't ask me why the people who the seats were reserved for didn't show up at the end -_-;;.

But please, I tried to be as calm and logical as I could. Again, I'm sorry if I was aggressive to anyone (which I don't think I did), it's just it was a long day and people not doing what I tell them since I was told to do this doesn't help : /.

Sorry for the confusion but I thought I would contribute to clearing up the mess since I saw this thread.
Fanime Guest Relations Head

May our drills pierce through the skies!
...and please give me a larger budget Q_Q.

Fanime '09 -

darkknightcecil

Quote from: "AngelWings"One of the things that would be a good thing to have figured out next con is to have a staff member put up signs or section of seating for the staff before the other attendees enter. Sadly this con my friend and I got in near the end of the line that was waiting to enter to get seated and we hustled to get good balcony seats. We were in the second row when a staff member had the first two bacony rows move because that was going to be used as staff seating. *That was rather annoying.* So we moved and due to luck we got fairly good seats. Then later on they said that the second row of balcony seating was actually not going to be used. *So we moved back to the second row.* And then when the masquerade started the first row didn't even seem to be used. It wasn't until latecomers started arriving during the masquerade that I realized the front row wasn't even being used by staff!
In the end my friend and I had good seats and we DID enjoy the masquerade, but I have to admit that interaction with the con staff really made me wonder at the organization going into this event. It was probably just one of those details that got overlooked.... I just hope in future it won't be.
Eh Sorry About that at masqurade I told eveyroen the second row was avaible
but i didnt no that there werent authorized.. I wonder why