Water in convention center

Started by orastella, May 30, 2007, 10:34:27 PM

orastella

Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like the water dispensers never got refilled.  By Friday night, there were a lot of thirsty people wandering down in the direction of Video Rooms 1 and 2 looking for water instead of hentai.
May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. Until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Staff: Arcade in 2003.  VP 2005-2007

Tony

We had a few snafus with water refills. Apparently they led to several people suffering dehydration. Believe it or not, they were (supposedly) being refilled three times a day, but attendees were just really thirsty. In any case, this was brought up with the facilities and they will be on top of it for next year.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

shortpachoo

This is why I made sure I carried a waterbottle around with me the whole con and refill it at the water fountain or dispensers

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

FanFicGuru

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

AnimeEmperor

Well there were a lot of water fountains....

FinalShadows

Maybe i should consider selling bottled water at fanime next year ;D
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

DshadowSakura

Quote from: FinalShadows on May 31, 2007, 02:18:06 PM
I second that idea!

kissbylove

The water didn't taste good. I only drink it because it was there and I was too lazy to walk back to my hotel to grab my water bottle. But the water dispensers in the Hilton wasn't as good but at least it was COLD!!!
I rather be hated for who I am, than to be love for who I'm not...

Tony

Quote from: FinalShadows on May 31, 2007, 02:18:06 PM
In all honesty, that won't work... the convention center would never allow it.

Actually, let me rephrase that - they won't tell you to stop, but they'll tell us to stop you.

Why? They have vending machines and they don't want to share money. =-/
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Shinsengumi

I always have a bottled of water with me when I'm walking around the convention center and if I'm out I could always go back to the Hotel and get another one. I buy alot bottles of water to take at the convention.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Chloe

WATER IS FOR THE WEAK. D:

But, anyways, I also happened to come across that there was enough water.  I always pack a water bottle with me just like everyone else, 'cause... You never know when you'd need it.  If all comes to worst, you can go out to the Fountains in the front and... Ha ha. XD
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Oniko

I liked those food stands, they should have one thats open a little longer with more snackish items
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

orastella

It would be nice if there was a stand that actually cooked food.  Those prepackaged items at the stand didn't look very appetizing.
May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. Until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Staff: Arcade in 2003.  VP 2005-2007

FinalShadows

Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

KyraEnsui

I always like to come prepare so I always buy two cases of water bottle and chilled half of those in freezer while putting the rest in the ice chest. ^__^b