Badge Artists

Started by fanartist, June 02, 2007, 06:12:44 PM

fanartist

Are badge artists part of staff, or are their services commissioned/requested by staff?

Tony

They are indeed part of the staff! The fine members of the Artist Pool contributed art to badges; nine pieces, I believe.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

fanartist

Hmmm.... So there's no way to contribute independently?

Pimpstress Rei

No one may contribute artwork unless they are a part of artist pool staff. You could join the artist pool and become official Fanime staff, but that requires a commitment of producing several pieces of artwork as assignments get handed out throughout the year. There is no way to do a one-time contribution (sole exception: unless you're a Guest of Honor).
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

fanartist

Since that's the case, I might apply for the Artist Pool in the future.

Thanks for clearing that up ^^

hellangel

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"No one may contribute artwork unless they are a part of artist pool staff. You could join the artist pool and become official Fanime staff, but that requires a commitment of producing several pieces of artwork as assignments get handed out throughout the year. There is no way to do a one-time contribution (sole exception: unless you're a Guest of Honor).

How can I contact whoever I need to contact to ask to join Artist Pool Staff?

Thanks!
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "hellangel"
Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"No one may contribute artwork unless they are a part of artist pool staff. You could join the artist pool and become official Fanime staff, but that requires a commitment of producing several pieces of artwork as assignments get handed out throughout the year. There is no way to do a one-time contribution (sole exception: unless you're a Guest of Honor).

How can I contact whoever I need to contact to ask to join Artist Pool Staff?

Thanks!

Feel free to shoot an e-mail to the head of artist pool. Her e-mail is amanda at fanime dot com.

If you haven't noticed, the name of the artist pool head is Amanda  :wink:
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

hellangel

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"Feel free to shoot an e-mail to the head of artist pool. Her e-mail is amanda at fanime dot com.

Ah, thank you! I had the email wrong, haha ^^"
Upcoming events:

M

Quote from: "hellangel"
Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"Feel free to shoot an e-mail to the head of artist pool. Her e-mail is amanda at fanime dot com.

Ah, thank you! I had the email wrong, haha ^^"

Sidenote: You can always try [department]@fanime.com in the future (remove any spaces in the department name). (division)@fanime.com doesn't work though (unless the division is the same name as a department, i.e. Marketing). :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

hellangel

Quote from: "MPLe"Sidenote: You can always try [department]@fanime.com in the future (remove any spaces in the department name). (division)@fanime.com doesn't work though (unless the division is the same name as a department, i.e. Marketing). :)

Yeah, that's what I tried before ^^"

I'll try emailing Amanda directly, though. Thankies~
Upcoming events: