So...who wants to staff/volunteer in '08?

Started by heeroyuy135, June 02, 2007, 10:35:05 PM

heeroyuy135

I know I'll probably be volunteering (maybe staffing) next year, and this'll only be my 2nd Fanime (the first being this year)...

What about you? Are you looking forward to staffing or volunteering at FanimeCon 2008?

M

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"I know I'll probably be volunteering (maybe staffing) next year, and this'll only be my 2nd Fanime (the first being this year)...

What about you? Are you looking forward to staffing or volunteering at FanimeCon 2008?

Sure! It'll be like.... my 10th year or something :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Lizchan33

I'm thinking about staffing but it'd be sooo much to do while I'm still going to college and working two jobs and doing other events....

Krnchichiri

I'm staffing, yet again for Registration. ^^
Funfun.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Barnes

I'll volunteer, for uh, something. Dunno yet.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

darkknightcecil

E-gaming or VP
woot
cant wait for next year

MasterShihoChief

Had fun volunteering this year. I would love to either staff or volunteer next year.

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "Lizchan33"I'm thinking about staffing but it'd be sooo much to do while I'm still going to college and working two jobs and doing other events....

Oh it's definitely doable. But how much sleep are you willing to lose?

My last year in college was the first year I headed a department (did I mention it was my first official year as staff for Fanime? o.O ). In addition to learning a new department, I took 15 units, did a psych internship, had regular requirements for my co-ed fraternity, went to all the pledge events for my frat and volunteered at the school's LGBTRC every week.

I averaged about 6 hours of sleep a day, so it wasn't that bad!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Zog

"He who stands with me shall be my brother..."

"I AM THE VIKING KING!!! KNEEL BEFORE ME AND WORSHI- hey kitties!"

Lizchan33

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"
Quote from: "Lizchan33"I'm thinking about staffing but it'd be sooo much to do while I'm still going to college and working two jobs and doing other events....

My last year in college was the first year I headed a department (did I mention it was my first official year as staff for Fanime? o.O ). In addition to learning a new department, I took 15 units, did a psych internship, had regular requirements for my co-ed fraternity, went to all the pledge events for my frat and volunteered at the school's LGBTRC every week.

Wooooooow..... That's pretty, impressive....
I think I might if I'm not busy saving money for my next year Japan trip.
It's a problem of driving to the bay area for anything. It eats up half a tank just to go to Dublin and back @_@

Shi_Musouka

Most likely...

Rovers = WIN!

Or if not, I might give Artist Pool another shot.

deonchan

I'm in for next year!

Everyone loves the BOUNCERS!!  8)  8)  8)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Sen

Quote from: "Lizchan33"
Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"

Wooooooow..... That's pretty, impressive....
I think I might if I'm not busy saving money for my next year Japan trip.
It's a problem of driving to the bay area for anything. It eats up half a tank just to go to Dublin and back @_@

You should be able to find a staffer that lives near you so that you can car pool. It's not too important to attend all of the staff meetings too. In fact, I've only attended 2 staff meetings in my past 3 years as staff.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Kandybar

I'd be willing to work next year.  :)

M

Quote from: "Sen"You should be able to find a staffer that lives near you so that you can car pool. It's not too important to attend all of the staff meetings too. In fact, I've only attended 2 staff meetings in my past 3 years as staff.

Note: What Sen says depends on your department and division head. Some of them like their staff to attend regularly, while some don't mind if they only make one or two a year. =)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

E-Chan

Rovers ftw.

It's a super fun job... if I'm not in Japan, I'm doing it again.
Watashi wa... Anata no Ushiro...

Graduisc

and i thought i was mean. ahaha. volunteer since '03ish door guard all day everyday, i sit in front of my own door and say "nope, exit only."

Sen

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "Sen"You should be able to find a staffer that lives near you so that you can car pool. It's not too important to attend all of the staff meetings too. In fact, I've only attended 2 staff meetings in my past 3 years as staff.

Note: What Sen says depends on your department and division head. Some of them like their staff to attend regularly, while some don't mind if they only make one or two a year. =)

Oops forgot..it's true. Thanks MPLe :D
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Ekac

Most of the Elevator Ninjas want to.
Someone needs to protect all needs of transportation. :3

Kazegami

Rovers is always looking for new people.  Two to one, you'll have fun, you'll meet cool people, and by the end of Fanime, nearly everyone that you work with in Fanime will be a good friend that you'll keep in touch with afterwards...