So...who wants to staff/volunteer in '08?

Started by heeroyuy135, June 02, 2007, 10:35:05 PM

Long

I might try Registration. It only goes on during the day, and I generally am very bored and not interested in anything during the day. As long as MusicFest is at night, I'm good with it. D:

Krnchichiri

Quote from: Long on February 21, 2008, 10:59:04 PM
I might try Registration. It only goes on during the day, and I generally am very bored and not interested in anything during the day. As long as MusicFest is at night, I'm good with it. D:
:3 Yay!
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

djscribbles

this is my first fanime, but some of my friends have gone before and their siblings have volunteered in the past.

is DJing invloved? if so, id like to be invloved

SOawesomeness

I think that question would go directed to the head of some department... depending on which event you'd like to DJ for. However, I don't think that normal volunteering people would be allowed to DJ unless you had a prior talk with whoever is running the event.
Go and e-mail the fit head for that question. :3 (normally, heads and staff don't really look at the websites regularly. )

But volunteering generally involves line control, security, and doing random little things for other departments.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Long

I just considered applying for musicfest, but all my friends strongly disapproved since they wanted me with them at MusicFest, and not off running errands. So I guess I'll stick with Reg. But um... To apply, should I email [email protected], or is there some other kind of channel I should do it through. The staff site ain't up yet.

SOawesomeness

Long- Well, you can e-mail them, but the way to apply would just be through the staff website.. once it's up, of course. :3 But feel free to inform the head that you're interested. Or come to one of the staff meetings if you want. ^^ Antonio is awesome.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

mrsanticafe

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: djscribbles on February 22, 2008, 01:05:51 PM
this is my first fanime, but some of my friends have gone before and their siblings have volunteered in the past.

is DJing invloved? if so, id like to be invloved

I'm pretty sure DJing would be staff and not so much as volunteers. You're best bet is to drop an e-mail to [email protected] and run it through them.

otakuapprentice

i volunteered last year, but i burned myself out so quickly, I'll skip volunteering this year.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kandybar

How does one go about volunteering anyway?  Just drop by ConOps and see where you're needed?

zemric

2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

jemz

Quote from: Kandybar on April 23, 2008, 07:21:32 AM
How does one go about volunteering anyway?  Just drop by ConOps and see where you're needed?

You can also send an email to [email protected]! :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

deonchan

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 22, 2008, 08:07:36 PM
i volunteered last year, but i burned myself out so quickly, I'll skip volunteering this year.

awww I thought you were joing the legion of evil this year

remember we have cookies!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

otakuapprentice

Quote from: deonchan on April 23, 2008, 02:02:57 PM

i was considering it, but maybe i'll do it next year instead. the legion of evil will have to wait, lol.

Steve.Young

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 23, 2008, 07:24:06 PM

i was considering it, but maybe i'll do it next year instead. the legion of evil will have to wait, lol.
We wait for no one!

Join the dark side...
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Steve.Young on April 23, 2008, 10:32:20 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 23, 2008, 07:24:06 PM

We wait for no one!

Join the dark side...
*waves hand across*
you WILL...wait for me.

Long

How does one get an invitation from the department to join as a staff member?

I sent an e-mail to [email protected], but maybe I should be sending it directly to someone. I don't know. xP Who is the head of the Registration department and what is their contact info?

SOawesomeness

The Registration's head's name is Antonio. According to this, you have to wait like, 2-3 weeks... or you can severely bother Eric Wu's Fanime account asking for an invite from Antonio. :D If you do, make sure you address him as "Mr. Snugglycutiepoo".

Antonio's e-mail is antonio at fanime.com if my memory serves me right. ^^;;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Long

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on April 28, 2008, 07:00:57 PM
The Registration's head's name is Antonio. According to this, you have to wait like, 2-3 weeks... or you can severely bother Eric Wu's Fanime account asking for an invite from Antonio. :D If you do, make sure you address him as "Mr. Snugglycutiepoo".

Antonio's e-mail is antonio at fanime.com if my memory serves me right. ^^;;
Ah thanks. I sent Mr. Antonio an e-mail just in case, because I'm pretty sure the [email protected] email is probably being bombarded right now with registration issues from con-goers. xP

Long

You know what? We don't have 2-3 weeks. Dx Fanime is this month. Why did the Staff site have to come up so late. xP