Recruiting Staff for E-Gaming 2008

Started by asuka245, June 24, 2007, 07:41:53 PM

asuka245

Hi All

I am the New Head of the E-Gaming Department. I am looking for New Staff willing to work E-gaming for 2008.

The Department includes Pc Gaming and Concole Gaming...

Looking for new people.

message me back if your interested it Staffing E-gaming!
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

magz

A friend of mine would probably be interested but he doesn't browse the forums.

I'll have him shoot you an e-mail.

Emerge

what would e-gaming staff have to do?

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I fail at announcements. This is an authorized thread and yes, I have stepped down (as did the department head as well), as I am taking a vacation and taking care of some personal stuff.

Anyways...Generally, what E-Gaming staff does is a couple of basic things:

1) Watch and maintain all PC and Console equipment
2) Make and assist with tournaments
3) Have a good time too.

Thats generalized description of what a typical E-Gaming staffer does. We also had dedicated PC techs that we knew maintaining the PC's as well and thats usually self-explanatory. Consoles are generally easier to setup and maintain, but watching them is a fun story =)
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Emerge

well, considering i spent a good 60-70% of the entire '07 con in that room, i might be down for staffing in '08

asuka245

Chito was  a great Head for E-gaming and u to Robert...well i know everything will be alot of fun for fanime 08.

well we will see how i do this year as the New Head of E-gaming!
E-gaming--2006-2007

darkknightcecil

Hey Im want to be back in E-gaming 2008
please
and whats your name?!
:O
so Chito and Robs are not coming back? o_o?

Barnes

I just wanna sit at the door and check for badges. :P
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

asuka245

Quote from: "darkknightcecil"Hey Im want to be back in E-gaming 2008
please
and whats your name?!
:O
so Chito and Robs are not coming back? o_o?

My name is Richard. I am the New Head of E-Gaming and the guy that brought the white ps2 jp. :P

This will be a Great year for the department i feel and it will always get better to!
E-gaming--2006-2007

darkknightcecil

Ekac

Actually I'm interested in this.
Sounds more fun than the Elevator Guard position. ( ')( ')
I spent 80% of my time in the hotel room, and I need a reason to get out more. >_<'

BigDaddy

OMG teh dork is head of E-Gaming!! Count me in Rick  :wink:
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me"
-Michael Scott

zemric

i might be able to work but i just need to see if some people r coming. because if they r then i need to be with them. and not work. but ya i can bring in some consoles and a kick butt gaming computer.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

shortpachoo

Been trying to get on E-gaming for a year or so now and it has been full.

Might want to join, depending on if I am going to be a Tech Minion again this year

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Gatsby

This could be something I could do no problem. I love video games and know a ton about computers. ^_^ I'll definitely think about it.
One question I've been wondering about staffing, how often are you actually staffing, hours wise? Does it depend? I'm just curious.

zemric

ya same here how many hours r you required to work
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Reikon

I'm interested in joining, but I want to know what some other departments do first...
2008-09 E-gaming staff

darkknightcecil

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Hi Everyone my name is Jason Estioko one of Richard Johnson's Friends and former E-Gaming Console Staffer at Fanime 2006.

Pretty Much Talk with Richard Johnson or Chito Signo the former E-Gaming head now advisor to be staff and we will take care of you.

Minimum Requirement to Staff Fanime Con Departments is 24 hours spread out in 4 days which they will set up a reasonable shift to run E-gaming.

I am the one that brought my Limited Edition Japanese Aqua Playstation 2 With Macross in it.

I myself will help advising Richard and we will balance out the American and Japanese Import Games that will be announced at a later time.

My speciality in gaming is knowing what Imported Games our out there.

I just want to know has anyone visited Video Game New York Import Video Game store booth at Fanime 2007 and bought anything from there?

What would you guys think if I can try and convince Japanvideogames.com to come to Fanime Con as a Dealer.

Please Leave some feedback and we will do our best to respond to your Questions.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Gatsby

asuka I was curious if you received my reply to your PM in which I sent you all my information. If not I'll send it again. I'm still interested in staffing for e-gaming.