Fanime 2007 badge

Started by GokuMew2, August 30, 2007, 03:11:01 PM

GokuMew2

Hmm.... Has anyone mentioned this before? I apologize if it has but like, I was looking at another thread and AnimeEmperor's signature has a scan of the Fanime 2007 badge. I did a double-take at the date that's written on it and went to check my own badge. EH? "05.25.06 until 05.28.06"???

So uh, there was a typo for the year??

Am I just late in noticing this?

Feel free to delete/lock/whatever this thread if this has been brought up before.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Nyxyin

Shhh...  I found that if I pretend hard enough and squinted just the right way, I can convince myself I only imagined it being wrong, so don't disillusion me!  ;)

Tony

That is correct... I'm surprised it took this long for everyone to notice.

We caught it after everything had been printed. But it was no error. The badges were mysteriously infused with time travel powers.

Or so goes the (well, my) explanation.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

AnimeEmperor

Er.........i'm responsible for this being noticed apparently, and I didn't even know it. XD

Nyxyin

Quote from: "Tony"I'm surprised it took this long for everyone to notice.
Nah, it only took this long for someone to post something here.  Our group noticed at the convention, but we were too busy having fun to do more than chuckle at it.

M

Quote from: "Nyxyin"
Quote from: "Tony"I'm surprised it took this long for everyone to notice.
Nah, it only took this long for someone to post something here.  Our group noticed at the convention, but we were too busy having fun to do more than chuckle at it.

The staff that was there when this was noticed chuckled too.

It's also assumed (correctly, I hope) that you guys/gals would rather have a badge with a small year typo than a delayed badge. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

SweetNiar

I guess the rest were just so awed by the beautiful artwork on them they didnt notice the tiny '06 text  :D

Mei

Actually, I noticed the typo on day zero as I was heading out the door of the convention center. I giggled to myself and showed it to my friends in school the next day.

I didn't think it was a big deal. I still love all of my Fanime goodies.

Steve.Young

Our department was just like...hmm...wtf? Oh well time to get to work.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

DshadowSakura

*giggles* oh well things happen what can we do about it? At least people didn't too upset or (like me) didnt notice.