Fanime 2008 excitement

Started by GokuMew2, October 22, 2007, 03:44:14 PM

GokuMew2

Is anyone else crazy excited about Fanime 2008? I'm sooooooooo looking forward to it, if only because of the guest! Yeah, I'm talking about the one from the Guess the Guest contest. I figured out who it was before Fanime even put up any of their clues. .^^;; Anyway, I say THANK YOU to the Fanime (and Yaoi-Con) staff who organized this. So excited~~

Curious as to how Fanime will be drawing the second winner for the breakfast thing. Just, PLEASE no random picking from pre-registered attendees.......
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

phoenixphire24

Uh, why is Fanime SO far away  :(
I can't hardly wait.

chanocular

well uh...lately i have been looking at some pictures from last fanime and now that the forums are up I am now even more excited. I've been having weird dreams about fanime too. Like how I'm at the convention without my costume and feeling really stressed because i didnt bring one.

Has anyone else having similar dreams?

M

Quote from: GokuMew2 on October 22, 2007, 03:44:14 PM
Is anyone else crazy excited about Fanime 2008? I'm sooooooooo looking forward to it, if only because of the guest! Yeah, I'm talking about the one from the Guess the Guest contest. I figured out who it was before Fanime even put up any of their clues. .^^;; Anyway, I say THANK YOU to the Fanime (and Yaoi-Con) staff who organized this. So excited~~

Curious as to how Fanime will be drawing the second winner for the breakfast thing. Just, PLEASE no random picking from pre-registered attendees.......

We're actually looking at our options as to how to pick the 2nd winners. The obvious choice is to just randomly pick someone that pre-registered, but we're still trying to figure out options. =)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on October 22, 2007, 03:59:18 PM

Because some of us are still recovering from 2007...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

GokuMew2

Quote from: MPLe on October 22, 2007, 04:17:50 PM
We're actually looking at our options as to how to pick the 2nd winners. The obvious choice is to just randomly pick someone that pre-registered, but we're still trying to figure out options. =)

Glad to hear that! .^^
I would soooooooooooo love to have some one-on-one time with the guest!!
Thanks again for getting someone so awesome~

Looking forward to Fanime's other guests as well!
< Mew >

Amaya-Chan

First Fanime = Very Excited

I have never been to a con probably this big from what I've heard so I'm totally excited...the colorado anime con freaks will be running around Fanime XD

Barnes

Quote from: GokuMew2 on October 22, 2007, 03:44:14 PM
Is anyone else crazy excited about Fanime 2008?

I am, but I need money first as usual.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Runewitt

i'm already working on my cosplay for 08. it's going to be my third year going, and my first in cosplay. i pre-registered as soon as i saw it on the site.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Death_Note_Matt

OMG I am Crazy excited about Fanime ;D I am excited I dream about it alot. :D
I can't wait to go back I am so excited. ;) I am planning out my cosplay again. I am planning to be Bridget again but a black one and Matt again but an improved one..oh yeah and Ash crimson XD too Muahaah 2008 Is going to Rock yeah.
I have to win next years Karaoke contest. :'(
But yeah see matt will see you all next Year XD
Another Player has Entered the Game

sonyatheunicorn

yeah i cant wait to! i really want a hinata costume my friend is going as itachi. This time my mom can get me and my friends a free hotel room at her hotel its like really close to fanime its the Montgomery hotel and im gonna go on a shopping spree x33

Kyokun

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on October 22, 2007, 03:59:18 PM
I can't hardly wait.
Seriously.  Now that I've pre-reged, it makes it that much worse.

Glitch

Quote from: chanocular on October 22, 2007, 04:16:58 PM
well uh...lately i have been looking at some pictures from last fanime and now that the forums are up I am now even more excited. I've been having weird dreams about fanime too. Like how I'm at the convention without my costume and feeling really stressed because i didnt bring one.

Has anyone else having similar dreams?
I've had plenty of those dreams whenever it's a few months before fanime. I mostly have ones where I have no money with me or anything for that matter ready, and I realize this right when I'm at the con. Those really shake me. I had a really bad one where fanime was being held at some crappy place. XD

phoenixphire24

I'm also super excited because I'm getting a sewing machine in Jan which means I can sew again! Now to plan a cosplay that I can make in 5 months... ???

Mr Anime

I'm excited about Fanime. But that's probably because it'll be my first time attending. Been wanting to go for some time, but couldn't because of work.
I'm the best at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice.

KawaiiMess

Me and my fellow ani-nerd friends are planning to hit Fanime this year--it'll be my first time, seeing as I moved from Hawaii and there is no anime con on the island I was on. We're hellbent on getting the moolah to make cosplay costumes, transport ourselves over to San Jose, and still have enough to waste at the dealers tables.

Food? Bah. Doujinshi is more important!
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)

Altomare

If I can work overtime enough and make enough money I'll be attending the upcoming Fanime. It will be my very first Fanime but my third convention all together. I really can't wait!! ^__^

xD
I'm so excited, but none of my friends are into anime so I've been blabbering to them about how awesome it's gonna be and they're just like "O___o; You're a geek, but we love you. Now stop blabbering." =| It sucks to have no friends that share the same interest as me. HENCE THE REASONS I GO TO CONVENTIONS. So yeah, hopefully I'll make some friends at Fanime.

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS

current anime: Code Geass
current manga: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

Chloe

Pre-Reg just opened up, so I guess that's where the excitement begins. lol.  I have yet to figure out my cosplays for this year, so I'm really excited about that.  Was thre any other guests announced yet? Besides that Guess the Guest one?
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Lolita_Technica

I'm so excited that I could eat a whole gallon of ice cream! ...which would note be such a great idea.

XD I'm looking forward to the winner of the Guess the Guest contest. I FINALLY, after WEEKS, with the last frikin' clue found out who it was. T_T I felt so stupid after I finished researching. :3 But more or less, I just CAN'T WAIT. XD

GokuMew2

Quote from: Lolita_Technica on October 23, 2007, 04:26:23 PM
I'm so excited that I could eat a whole gallon of ice cream! ...which would note be such a great idea.

XD I'm looking forward to the winner of the Guess the Guest contest. I FINALLY, after WEEKS, with the last frikin' clue found out who it was. T_T I felt so stupid after I finished researching. :3 But more or less, I just CAN'T WAIT. XD

Mmm~ A gallon of ice cream sounds good! X.D
Haha. I figured it out after Y-Con put up their bonus clue, and then I knew 100% I was correct after Fanime finally put up their clues. The radio show one really sealed it for me. (The clue about 24 threw me off for a while until I had a Japanese friend confirm because he's not listed anywhere on places like Wiki JP ver.) The later clues are so EASY and now they're just a dead giveaway! X.DDD Anyway, I wanna know who's gonna win too! *crosses fingers* Come to the Seiyuu Panel at Y-Con~ I'll actually be co-paneling it with my friend. .^^
< Mew >