Things to do to make fanime funner next year?

Started by abcbadcat, October 24, 2007, 12:54:08 AM

abcbadcat

2007 was my first year going to a con and it was fun but I wanted more from it.

I know there are alot of things to do during Fanime but I just need suggestions for more things to do.

Last year:
Hung out at the arcade alot
Started the first ever plushy dodgeball game on Sunday in the arcade room
Went to the Gaiaonline pannel
Saw ZZ in concert
Broswed the dealer room
Watched some movies

I had fun but I want to be constantly doing something next year. I think I may cosplay. I had my DS on me at all times but everyone was playing Pokemon.

I wanted to go to the Mascurade but I had to go home and do something.

So what are some fun things do you suggest to do next year?

otakuapprentice

i have some ideas for next years' con in the works right now....

...but yea, the best way for fanime to be better next year is to have more events, more panels, and other stuff.

the simplest things always work out the best.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

abcbadcat

I just think getting a room and possibly cosplaying and being a part of meetups and stuff like that will make things seem funner in general.

~~Loktera~~

Funner? (Shudders at the thought of the poor English Language)

Anyway... I would honestly like to see more Fan-Run Panels. Those were always interesting, the industry ones were okay, and the Guest panels are fun. But I like to see just what the other fans are into, and how they present it.

Some panels in past years have kinda been going downhill and I really miss the older Steve Bennet panels he used to do.

But every time I go to a fan-run discussion panel about a certain aspect of Anime-Fan life, it's always entertaining.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Ryumon Hozukimaru

Get a whole group of friends. That is what kept it interesting for me last year. Watch a WHOLE lot of anime. More panels. More music.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Gin Rummy

Steve.Young

Having more panels would be a good idea. I worked all the events and quite thoroughly enjoyed each of them.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

narutofan17

I want to meet more random people. I think my best friend held me back from doin that because all really wanted to do is just watch anime all way (such an old man XD). I want to hang out with fellow cosplayers (goin for 3 costume this year) and chill. Whatever happen to the cosplaying war they use to have. I know what happened with the guy getting stabbed (didn't go that year). Other then that I don't really know much about it. I must sound stupid right now. LOL!!!!
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

sonyatheunicorn

People should bring their own theme songs i saw a group of people from final fantasy or kh or something and this guy carried a boombbox with the anime's theme song and it was so cool xD

maybe more anime parodys i really love those :]

a room to show people how to dance to hare hare yukai dance so i can show off x333

Kazuko

To make it more fun, basically have a bunch of close friends, dance arround and go nuts =)

My group had a whole saying through the whole con

we made "I ate it" Our own thing

abcbadcat

Im gonna walk around and do the Soulja Boy

hahaha yeah right.

cappeh

Watched some movies

and by "movies", we all know what you mean.

and come on, i know you wanna do the soulja boy with me.
hi i lav u

alkaline

- Get in line early for Damn You Internets. Because you're going to have to this Fanime. lawlers.
- Pay attention to the forums and find events (both fan and fanime created) that interest you.
- Pick one night to stay up late and get a good nights sleep on every other night. Fanime may be awesome for its 24/7 atmosphere, but damned if you don't need sleep to enjoy it.
- Go to Hentai night at least once.

cappeh

lol, one of the shows during a hentai screening one night made badcat nauseous and we had to leave the theatre.

our friends came over and told us what happened later. apparently we missed the best part. :(
hi i lav u

narutofan17

More space in the video game room!!!!! It sucked waiting in line to play smash brothers. And like I said more things that make you interact with other random ass people. My whole thing is randomness. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

FinalShadows

Quote from: narutofan17 on November 10, 2007, 11:46:10 AM
More space in the video game room!!!!! It sucked waiting in line to play smash brothers. And like I said more things that make you interact with other random ass people. My whole thing is randomness. XD

Add in more chairs as well =P
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

sonyatheunicorn

Quote from: FinalShadows on November 17, 2007, 08:51:07 PM

yeah i saw a lot of people standing up including me
xD

Mango Bunny

Quote from: sonyatheunicorn on November 18, 2007, 08:25:51 PM

xD

Same here. I'm for more chairs too.

K&K4ever

Quote from: Mango Bunny on December 12, 2007, 11:02:28 AM
Quote from: sonyatheunicorn on November 18, 2007, 08:25:51 PM
xD
Same here. I'm for more chairs too.

Thank god someone noticed, Even though there were allot of chairs in one section there weren't so many chairs in the rest of the center so I would defanetly like to see more chairs just so I can sit down while I'm waiting for the photoshoot to start.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

BunofGovt

Attend more panels.  Bring a camera and after you take a picture of someone (be sure to ask first!), stop and chat with them.  Hit the live action movie rooms.  Cosplay fer sure!  Get your rest and remember to eat, but try staying up REALLY late (or early) at least one day either in the gaming room or the video rooms or just out in the main area to see who else is hanging out.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

K&K4ever

Quote from: BunofGovt on December 13, 2007, 05:55:31 PM
Attend more panels.  Bring a camera and after you take a picture of someone (be sure to ask first!), stop and chat with them.  Hit the live action movie rooms.  Cosplay fer sure!  Get your rest and remember to eat, but try staying up REALLY late (or early) at least one day either in the gaming room or the video rooms or just out in the main area to see who else is hanging out.
But I do that every year. :-\
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.