Main Menu

weapons

Started by JohnnyAR, October 24, 2007, 02:24:46 PM

Jadrian

Yes we have the 2008 swords they can be ordered off the website bowendragon1.com

TaikoMoon

Everything seems to have been already said. As far as I know all weapons, including foams, are not available for purchase to minors. I have never encountered the weapons laws because everything I got was through my dojo.

Just so you know, don't go around asking people of age to buy you these weapons. It is shoulder tapping and is also illegal. The person you asked can be fined. (For alcohol persons can be fined up to $1,000 or more).
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

kimono_hime

When you think about it, you're only under 18 for 17 years, right? You'll be over 18 a lot longer, and by then you'll probably have better skills anyway.

Yes, I'm a mother. Does it show?

Jerry

*** disclaimer ***
[these are opinions of myself and not necessarily those of anyone from Fanime Staff or ARG]

the only weapon policy that i know of refers to LIVE Steel -
this is any material made from any form of metal, whether sharpened or not will no longer be allowed on the Fanime Concourse (mostly all areas of the Convention center).

Basically as far as buying policies which again I'm fairly certain that MOST are suppose to check for 18+ for legal reason of course are doing their job.

from a Safety Standpoint (Safety on-Sites) ROVERs will ask all patrons buying any 'weapon' to immediate store said weapon in said car and/or hotel room.

As for Cosplay and Weapon Props again these items have to approved by Fanime staff.

As far as "TRICKS" go... its not usually recommended again if you wish to do this OUTSIDE of the convention center ground thats at your own risk.

Just use your common sense and please for our sake dont go hurting urself or others.

Play nice and play smart.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Jadrian

Yes we will have the 2008 fanime swords this year the links should be going on fanime site anytime.. you can always go to bowendragon1.com and order your sword :)

BowenDragon1