Black And White Ball 2009! Updated 3/14/09 (Location Announced!)

Started by boots01, October 25, 2007, 04:56:09 AM

Devi 1313

Just wondering about the dress code; last year I wore a vinyl ballgown to go as a formal version of Etna from Disgaea, would that still be ok, or would I need to choose something fancier?
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

keyblademas7er

OH! There's going to be a ball? o.0 This is going to be my first year going to the Fanime Con so I just popped in to have a look. I don't really like dresses though... hm... Dress huh?.... I was planning on wearing a shinigami outfit to the Con... Does a Chinese dress work?... ??? :) :D

Tony

Technically a shinigami uniform is black and white...  ;D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Otaku_Princess

lol Will it work because I also will be wearing one. XD

hijou

This actually sounds pretty fun. ^o^
It's my first Fanime and such so I may go.

Problem is, I don't have a full length dress. :/
.:: Cosplays ::.

Kusano Akira [ Nobuta wo Produce ] ~ Undecided
Yukimura Seiichi [ Prince of Tennis ] ~ Undecided

FinalShadows

Do i need to wear a suit? or can I wear my FMA outfit o.o
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

IamTetsuo

Last year I wore a white button up dress shirt (with the cuffs un-done and furled up), black dress pants, black dress shoes, and a silver masque.  I'd say I was more dressed up than half of the people there.

SpookyElectric

I just want to mention my support of having a dress code. Though it should probably be a little lenient for cosplay. Personally, I think AWA's dress code is pretty good

Nina Star 9

Quote from: SpookyElectric on January 17, 2008, 12:49:48 AM
I just want to mention my support of having a dress code. Though it should probably be a little lenient for cosplay. Personally, I think AWA's dress code is pretty good
That dress code seems a little too strict for my tastes. Yes, we want to enforce the formality of the event, but we also don't want to make it too formal as a requirement. It is at an anime convention, keep in mind, so the dress code should probably be fairly loose.

mayalynn

Song suggestions:
"Brand New Breeze" - Kanon (This was the opening to "Kininro no Coruda ~Primo Passo~" and is a lovely semi-classical piece, I can offer a high quality mp3 if one is required)
"Shinjitsu no Uta" - Do As Infinity (it was an Inuyasha opening... closing... something.  But it's a lovely song anyway.)

Also, I'll be another vote in favor of a dress code, it's more fun for all involved when everyone has put forth at least a little effort to really want to be there. ^^
----------------------------------------------------
Anime Detour 2008 / Fanime 2008 / Nan Desu Kan 2008
----------------------------------------------------
Fuji Syuusuke, Oshitari Yuushi, Yagyuu Hiroshi, Kajiwara Saku, Musashibou Benkei

Mister_E

I'm going to wear my Union Jack (Flag of the UK) Tie along with my costume.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

sunrise-oasis

Does this guy counts???i really would like to cosplay as him ^ ^!!!!

mangalover0410

I didn't go to this last year (in fact, I didn't even know about it. It was my first fanime). What day is it going to be on? And starting like, in the early evening or late evening?
Life is pain highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
-The Princess Bride

Devi 1313

Last year it was held Saturday at 8pm.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

mangalover0410

Life is pain highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
-The Princess Bride

boots01

actually, it was saturday at 7...  this year, well, we aren't quite sure yet, but it will not the same day as the masquerade.
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

Nina Star 9

I think that having it Saturday again would be the best, but if there are no room openings, too bad. :/

OniCourseMusha

Agreed. Saturday night is the day to do many things plus gives us more "Prom" or "winter formal" feel.
I'm hoping I get a nice black outfit hoping it fits me.

And btw, I'm taking Ballroom dancing class at my community college  ;D  So I'll be checking out the dance lesson and probably can teach you the basic of cha cha cha.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

iNSOMNiAC

I have a question, and from reading the whole thread I am still unsure about it... So, if a cosplay is black and white, you can attend, as long as it is somewhat formal, correct? Well, would an arrancar uniform (Bleach) be acceptable, or no...?
I don't really plan on going myself (I don't dance), but my friend may need to know this.

LadyKaren

You know what I think? I think Black and White Ball should give me something to put on the website. :)