Black And White Ball 2008 Updated 4/21

Started by boots01, October 25, 2007, 05:04:53 AM

boots01

originally, i was going to try to have everyone wear masques last year but unfortunately, there just wasn't budget enough to provide in case people forgot one.  this being the case, i nixed the idea for last year.  we're in much the same situation this year but please, by all means, wear a masque.  i think they look cool and gives an air of mystery to the event which can make it so much more fun!
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

Mister_E

The Laughing Man is going to get Fancy
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

clawmaster

Quote from: Gothik-Tenkasen on December 02, 2007, 08:29:41 AM
As far as a dress code is envolved, I would suggest that black and white is prefered, although not required. What I think everyone should have is a classic MASK. How much fun would that be? =D Everyone's in cosplay and they have a mask to boot. Nothing fancy, but it'd be fun.

oh u mean like in bioshock?! 8D......except with the dangerous plasmids and big daddys coming after u. that would be very kewl. hmm makes me wonder now about this costume idea i could try out....

anyways...uhh yea i never attended to this cuz i never had a costume that was jst black and white...untill next month. making my edward Elric costume and i can jst take off the red coat walah! black and white costume ready and to go. but uhhh ^^'''' hehe i am not a very good dancer and i will be attendening the crash course lesson. jst need to courage to ask girls to dance with me ^^''''''''''*gulp*

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

fanime_lo-ve

I had an amazing time dancing with my friends at the ball. I also stayed in costume the entire time because I was wearing all Black and white. Next year, I will have more friends that will be joining Fanime for the first time. I'm pretty sure they will enjoy this BWB. = D since it was such a great success and all 2007.
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Shinsengumi

I might check it out, it depends on my girlfriend if she wants to check it out.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Squeeky_Moonkin

I think this dance sounds fun. I have attended the formal Dance last year at ACEN and it is quite the same. Hmm of to email the big cheeses whom is in charge of all this.

Lybi

oh. Sounds fun! I'll probably attend this year too.

Squeeky_Moonkin

I tried sending a huge email with suggestion and what not, but the addy to send such stuff didn't work and my letter was bounced back to me. Does anyone know of the appropriate contact email addy for those in charge of the B7W Ball?

red_thestrals

Quote from: DivineChaos on November 27, 2007, 05:13:41 PM
It's really cool because all the people that are cosplaying as something bleach are technically wearing within the dress code, unless it has to be somewhat formal.  Otherwise, power to the Bleachers.

then shinigami outfit it is! yey! i dont have to take care of a buncha clothes! woot woot ;D

Tony

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on January 12, 2008, 11:01:51 AM
I tried sending a huge email with suggestion and what not, but the addy to send such stuff didn't work and my letter was bounced back to me. Does anyone know of the appropriate contact email addy for those in charge of the B7W Ball?
We were having problems with the address; try sending it again to [email protected] and include [email protected] as well!  :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Tur713

I had fun with the ball. The crash courses were appreciated. They were fun and pretty easy to pick up. I'm looking forward to going again and I'll probably wear my Tuxedo Mask costume like last time. It fits all qualifiers! :D
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

PinkHairSasuke

the ball sounds cool but are u allowed to wear ur cosplay outfit to the ball?

boots01

i will be posting a more specific dress code in the next few weeks, but for now, here's a general idea for you of what i'm looking to do.

no jeans and/or t-shirts
no sandals or flip-flops
suits/tux for the gents would be ideal, but a dressy shirt and nice slacks would be acceptable.
ladies, formal dresses/skirts and blouses would be appropiate but please, try to keep the hem of the dress approximately to the knees at least.  again, please try to keep the outfit on the formal side.
cosplayers, please try to keep your cosplay on the formal side for this event.  also, if possible, please leave any props you can in your rooms.
lastly, i encourage everyone to leave as many of your belongings as possible somewhere secure (preferably not in the dance room) as we will not be having a coat check this year and can not guarantee the safety of your belongings. 
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Nina Star 9

No coat check? :/ Hmm. Well, does this mean that it will be in another room, and is there any word on which room that will be? Or was the coat check area just eliminated to open up more space?

I still need to get those music suggestions to you, I totaly forgot until just now.

boots01

we are eliminating the coat check because of liability issues.  this was not my choice, but i do understand the reasons behind the move. 
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

autumnsnow55

Quote from: boots01 on January 16, 2008, 04:07:33 AM
i will be posting a more specific dress code in the next few weeks, but for now, here's a general idea for you of what i'm looking to do.

no jeans and/or t-shirts
no sandals or flip-flops
suits/tux for the gents would be ideal, but a dressy shirt and nice slacks would be acceptable.
ladies, formal dresses/skirts and blouses would be appropiate but please, try to keep the hem of the dress approximately to the knees at least.   again, please try to keep the outfit on the formal side.
cosplayers, please try to keep your cosplay on the formal side for this event.  also, if possible, please leave any props you can in your rooms.
lastly, i encourage everyone to leave as many of your belongings as possible somewhere secure (preferably not in the dance room) as we will not be having a coat check this year and can not guarantee the safety of your belongings. 

i was wondering if the dresses HAVE to be up to the knee... because my cosplay partner's skirt goes all the way to the ground and kinda has a small trail and we were REALLY looking forward to the ball...

Nina Star 9

It says "at least" to the knees, meaning the that knees is the shortest it can go, but it can be longer. Though, I don't reccomend having any sort of fabric touching the ground or trailing on the ground for the ball, and I know this from experience. (I also don't reccomend a 10 foot train for the convention, thankfully I didn't wear that to the ball, but that's another story altogether...)

autumnsnow55

oh okie, i see. thanks! i'll try to pin her dress up so it won't be on the gound or something. >> <<

MisakiFan41

WAIT THIS THREAD FINALLY STARTED!!?? AAHHHH!!!! I DUNNO WHAT TO WEAR!!! X___X;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I must make up something quick!!!!!!! XD

I had a blast last year, I was shock as to see who was there, you'll literally meet majority of your buddies there so definately check it out! it was really wonderful! as far as what I'm going to wear, hahaha my g/f and I have something nice plotted up! ^__^

On yet another break....

sunrise-oasis

okay i should put this on my notes for discussion on "what i want from fanime"...

there are three things that bothers me....
1) there are some anime shows i recall that has formal uniforms, do they count? (i rememebr code gease was one of them, and theres this GUY from gundam seed, who wears a mask but I DON"T wANT TO BE HIM!). somehow the uniforms i look at makes them feel more...mature and Enchanting (in my words)..

2)Idon't want to admit this but It feels like its required to have a girlfriend..I wanan participate this, but I would feel really left out.....I guess what im trying to say is uhm...never mind....

3) .   .   .