Badge Pick up

Started by EHS, October 27, 2007, 08:41:56 PM

EHS

Hey, I was wondering...if someone only has a school ID, can they still pick up their badges?

Also, if not, can those people just perhaps tell the reg staff the information they put when they registered? Like fan name or e-mail to get the badge? I recall that they allowed that to happen the past few years.

Or do they REALLY have to get a passport or something?

senseikk

Last year, I only showed my school ID and they still let me pick up my badges. So I think it should be the same this year too. Oh and they do ask you to varify your phone number.

Krnchichiri

Although registration staff does allow it, they'd rather have a state-issued ID. A passport would be optimal and can avoid hassle. However, some staff who do pre-reg do not allow it. I wouldn't take chances. >.<;
But if you had a school i.d. and had to pick up your badge [and the staff let you], your name should absolutely match what is on your school i.d. You would also tell your personal information to the staff to confirm that you are you.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

PenguinValentine

Why won't some staff allow school ID?
It has your name and a photo ID... I can't see what's wrong with that? >.<

It's semi-state...

Krnchichiri

It's not state issued at all. o.0
Some just don't allow it. Staff is supposed to only allow state issued id only, but some just let it slide because a lot of kids don't have state-issued.

EDIT: Uh, wait. Maybe this year they're going to let school i.d.s be acceptable form of id. o.0 The 2008 FAQ doesn't say anything about state issued this year.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

bahamutknightzero

I thought school ID worked for those still in high school? I know I used my school ID when I went in '05.

Sen

Our badge pick up policy has always been a government issued photo ID. So a state issued ID, driver's license, passport, military ID, or any other government issued photo identification will do fine. At this time, if you do not have a government ID you should be able to get at least a state issued one by the time Fanime rolls around.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

EHS

Would a copy of a student's school transcript work?

Sen

Quote from: EHS on November 11, 2007, 01:45:27 PM
Would a copy of a student's school transcript work?

No, sorry. A school transcript is not a form of identification and as such we cannot accept it. I would suggest that you try to get a state issued ID.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

Krnchichiri

... or you can bring your passport. ^^ But it looks kinda weird toting around your passport.
You'd better get a state issued one. It doesn't take that long to get, and Fanime is still ways away and plenty of time to get one.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

Steve.Young

If you live in california, you can apply for a California ID card for like 25 bucks. And its a state issued ID. And it looks like a driver's license, which is something really cool back in high school...rolf
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JohnnyAR

So I'll just need to bring my school ID AND phone number, so without the phone number they won't accept it?

Kazuko

=| its not gauranteed but your safer getting the State ID its more usefull than a silly school ID

Its not that expensive and it comes in like 2 weeks if you live in CA

Sen

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 14, 2007, 02:16:23 PM
So I'll just need to bring my school ID AND phone number, so without the phone number they won't accept it?

A school ID with or without your phone number won't work.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

JohnnyAR

Soooooooooooooooooo what should I do at the Pre-registration? Show them my pre-registration info?

Sen

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 14, 2007, 05:04:40 PM
Soooooooooooooooooo what should I do at the Pre-registration? Show them my pre-registration info?

Like other posts have said, you should obtain a state issued ID. It's relatively cheap and you can easily get one before con time. If pre-registration pick up is going to be like last year's you will also have to present a receipt that will be available for download from your registration account in the future.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

JohnnyAR

Damn, so I have to buy a ID!?! Does everyone have to do this? Is there anyway to show proof? The recieipt I can get, wait does it matter if I just print it from any computer? or will I need it printed from somewhere special.

Mei

My passport's picture is very outdated. The picture was taken ten or eleven years ago; that's when I last needed my passport. I brought it with me to pick up my badge, but I got embarrassed when it was my turn so I got away with my (at the time) current school ID and receipt.

I'll ask my father about the state ID, but in the event he refuses to let me get one, what should I do?

Kazuko

:x oh psssh Outdated passport photos arent so bad, ID mug shots are kinda worse.

Like sen and everyone has said it is BETTER to get a GOVERNMENT STATE ISSUED ID, DRIVERS LICENSE (not the paper permit) or use your PASSPORT a school one wont work, nor proof of a phone number, blood oath whatever. It has to have your photo, address where you live, date of birth ect

and bring a copy of the recpit saying you registered along with your ID, you can print it off of any computer as long as its legible

=\ I dont see whats so hard about understanding it goodness!

@Mei: Im pretty sure your dad will let you get one, its more practical these kinds of days like for R rated films if you dont have a drivers license

Sen

Quote from: Kazuko on November 16, 2007, 12:12:42 AM
:x oh psssh Outdated passport photos arent so bad, ID mug shots are kinda worse.

Like sen and everyone has said it is BETTER to get a GOVERNMENT STATE ISSUED ID, DRIVERS LICENSE (not the paper permit) or use your PASSPORT a school one wont work, nor proof of a phone number, blood oath whatever. It has to have your photo, address where you live, date of birth ect

and bring a copy of the recpit saying you registered along with your ID, you can print it off of any computer as long as its legible

=\ I dont see whats so hard about understanding it goodness!

@Mei: Im pretty sure your dad will let you get one, its more practical these kinds of days like for R rated films if you dont have a drivers license

Actually the receipt I was referring to is a special one that you can get off your account at a later time. That is, assuming we are going through the same process like years past. (It's up to the reg head)

I realize that the ID situation may be a bit troublesome for some. Believe me, I wish there was an easier way as well. Unfortunately, the rules are the rules and we have to abide by them. Even staffers have to show a government ID when picking up their own badges.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13