Anime Contact Lenses

Started by sonyatheunicorn, November 07, 2007, 08:55:40 PM

sonyatheunicorn

Does anyone know how much they cost in the dealers room? i saw them selling contact lenses in there
Does anyone know the price range?

otakuapprentice

as tempting as they seem(i wanted to buy them too, but didn't), i wouldn't go and buy them; they are not exactly made specifically to fit you, and by that i mean they are only in certain sizes, so even if you do get them, they might not be perfect for you.

Plus, its best if the contacts that you purchase be crafted according to a prescription that you can acquire through an eye doctor(most sites require a prescription to sell you contacts, since not everyones eyes are the same).
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Leishu

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 07, 2007, 09:02:29 PM
as tempting as they seem(i wanted to buy them too, but didn't), i wouldn't go and buy them; they are not exactly made specifically to fit you, and by that i mean they are only in certain sizes, so even if you do get them, they might not be perfect for you.

Plus, its best if the contacts that you purchase be crafted according to a prescription that you can acquire through an eye doctor(most sites require a prescription to sell you contacts, since not everyones eyes are the same).

This is extremely sound advice, but, just in case, there have been sellers who've had them for anywhere from 15 to 40 dollars for a set in past years.

Seriously, though. It's better to go through a doc. I bought a pair of nice anime contacts a few years back and found that they actually didn't fit into my eyes at all. Very sad. I'd hate to see it happen to another person.
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Xeluu

Quote from: Leishu on February 21, 2008, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 07, 2007, 09:02:29 PM

This is extremely sound advice, but, just in case, there have been sellers who've had them for anywhere from 15 to 40 dollars for a set in past years.

Seriously, though. It's better to go through a doc. I bought a pair of nice anime contacts a few years back and found that they actually didn't fit into my eyes at all. Very sad. I'd hate to see it happen to another person.

$15- $40 o_O Wow, that's really cheap. I remember a pair I was looking at last year was well over $100.

I think most of the detailed ones are rather expensive, and are about the same price as you would find online. Perhaps a little bit cheaper at the Con. Can't give you any advice about the quality and what not though.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

redroses3164

Usually, the more expensive the colored contact lenses, the longer they last.
For example, let's say you buy bright red contacts for 40 bucks. They would be a nice bright red for the first few wears but after a while they will fade over time and not be bright red anymore. If you buy red contacts for $200, then they would last for years since the more expensive ones tend to be hand-painted and with better quality coloring agents.

Now it's always a case in point by user since it depends on how many times you wear them and how you take care of them.

I also recommend getting a prescription from your eye doc since your eyes may not be capable of wearing contacts in the first place (for example, you might have astigmatism). Also, you want the best fitting pair since eyes are different sizes just like height, feet, etc.