This guy puts my 'store' to shame...

Started by Jerry, November 08, 2007, 12:17:37 PM

narutofan17

I mean I have a pretty big collection of anime stuff (mainly mangas) but damn! Never somethin like that. I tip my hat to him. lol
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Emerge

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 09, 2007, 10:25:30 PM
Quote from: astroboy on November 09, 2007, 10:23:10 PM
In ALL my life I have never been in an event that had a disproportionately large percentage of ugly women......except for 1 special case and it had something to do with concrete canoes! But then again I wouldn't make any generalizations.  ;D

I see you've never been to Fanime...

all a matter of taste, i suppose

gmontem

Why do gamer guys want a gamer girl? You'll never get the house tidied up if your gaming spousal unit plays video games all day. ;P
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Appu

Quote from: gmontem on November 11, 2007, 07:19:41 PM
Why do gamer guys want a gamer girl? You'll never get the house tidied up if your gaming spousal unit plays video games all day. ;P

lol, gaming spousal unit. I suppose I have one. It's called a 'puter =P
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Appu on November 11, 2007, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: gmontem on November 11, 2007, 07:19:41 PM

lol, gaming spousal unit. I suppose I have one. It's called a 'puter =P
speaking of 'puters, mine needs to get sum upgradez.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jerry

reminds me of that random Fry's commercial...

where a guy has the equivalent to a "chobit" and gives her extra memory and then has her continue doing the dishes...  ???

Personally I'd rather be playing something like Dynasty Warriors Gundam with her or something.

Nothing like Co-op gaming and chinese Take out.

Makes for a great Saturday night...  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuapprentice

never seen that commercial, but i want to now.

astroboy

I'd like to dispel this silly myth that gamer girls or "nerdy" girls in general must be ugly.

I've spent most of my life engaging in activities that society would be considered part of the "geek" side. IMHO there are a proportionately equal number of beautiful nerds as anywhere else. *HONESTLY*

Nerds are different of course. They spend less time and energy on their "looks" because they're too busy doing really neat stuff like designing software, or freeway bridges, etc... Just because a girl isn't all dressed up doesn't mean she's not pretty. Actually that's the way I like my women. A person who doesn't brood over her looks.

The day that I find a woman nerdier then me and can crawl out of bed in pajamas looking beautiful.....I'm going to MARRY her!

PyronIkari

Quote from: astroboy on November 11, 2007, 08:48:50 PM
I'd like to dispel this silly myth that gamer girls or "nerdy" girls in general must be ugly.

I've spent most of my life engaging in activities that society would be considered part of the "geek" side. IMHO there are a proportionately equal number of beautiful nerds as anywhere else. *HONESTLY*

Nerds are different of course. They spend less time and energy on their "looks" because they're too busy doing really neat stuff like designing software, or freeway bridges, etc... Just because a girl isn't all dressed up doesn't mean she's not pretty. Actually that's the way I like my women. A person who doesn't brood over her looks.

The day that I find a woman nerdier then me and can crawl out of bed in pajamas looking beautiful.....I'm going to MARRY her!

See, the part where you say, "proportionately equal number of beautiful nerds as anywhere else." is correct. Here's the thing. The majority of woman on a realistic scale are "unattractive". The average girl is "unattractive" in today's world. Therefore it is true that, most gamer girls are "unattractive" as most females in general are "unattractive".

Yeah, a lot of people find said "unattractive", "attractive" because they have weird tastes, but it doesn't change that the basic point of view is that they are not attractive.

Did you follow? Now someone will say something like, "It's taste, just because you find a girl to be unattractive it doesn't mean she is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Then I will reply with... "nope, that's bull". There is a basis of what beauty is, taste doesn't change what beauty is, taste just changes what the individual finds attractive. I find a lot of girls that aren't beautiful by basic standards, to be my taste. And in other ways, I find beautiful girls by basic standards to be not my taste.

Example of such a situation(not mine... but such a situation). Devon Aoki is an horridly ugly woman. She has a nice body, but her face is ugly. A lot of people find her attractive though. Why? Hell do I know, but it's not because of beautiful facial features. Most of the people that are attracted to her, are attracted to her because she's "Asian" and has an "exotic"(different) face. Therefore they are willing to overlook that her face looks like it was hit by a frying pan when she was a baby, then a crowbar down the nose.

Someone who I find extremely attractive when I KNOW they aren't?

Sarah Silverman. http://www.gorillasushi.com/images/imce/Image/Jason/sarahsilverman.jpg

I know she isn't that attractive, yet I find her to be super gorgeous for some reason, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY EXACTLY.

So to conclude this. Most girls are ugly. Most girls at fanime are ugly. You saying "well I think they are attractive" does not change that. No I don't have impossible standards, I just have realistic judgment when I'm being objective. Subjectively speaking though... that's a different story.

Jun-Watarase

And I quote.

QuoteAnd unfortunately, most of them are pretty unattractive. @__@ (And most of them believe themselves to be since they're typically few among tons of men.) I'm sure you guys... met plenty of those.

Most being... not all. Playing videogames REALLY isn't uncommon anymore. A large majority of this generation plays them, geek or not. Girls choose to spend time on their looks, but you don't always need to spend time on your looks to be... not ugly. A lot of girl gamers DO spend time putting on make-up, doing their hair, dressing nice... and they're still unattractive.

A lot of girls play videogames, but it doesn't mean they're gamers. Simply playing videogames doesn't mean you're a gamer, either-- just someone who plays videogames. I mean, I've seen tons of really hot girls playing games. It started out as airheads playing CS or playing games out of interests to impress their guy friends. It doesn't mean they are familiar with any techniques or have any knowledge about games or any background to what they are playing... and as it evolved, you see some girls playing more old-school games to appear knowledgeable. They still play recreationally, and a good amount of them play them having fun-- because well, games are fun.

But this doesn't eliminate the possibility of any hot girl gamers out there. They just need to divide their time by TAKING CARE OF THEMSELVES (As in, maintaining good hygiene, keeping healthy, and cutting their hair when it's needed.) and/or be naturally pretty to some extent. Is it just some sort of odd coincidence that girl gamers aren't hot, then? Not really... I mean, there are a lot of girls among groups/societies of people that are just not hot-- not just gamers. MOST girls aren't attractive. In groups of gamers, it's no exception.

I've been hanging around "geek circles" all my life as well. Even when the genders are proportionally equal, it doesn't mean a good amount of them are attractive. I won't go on and say I'm a gamer, either. I don't play competitively, religiously, or have extensive knowledge of games and their history-- just out of fun and very occasionally. I'm not super attractive, but I know I'm not bad looking. I am, however, an otaku. (Maybe I should post pictures of my room?) And within the groups of otaku, animefans, weeaboos, and what have you... the majority of THEM aren't very attractive either-- girls or guys.

My standards aren't low.

EDIT:  I don't know why Sarah Silverman is hot, either.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

gmontem

Hey Appu, the idea that I, when playing a Pyro in TF2, may have toasted few attractive gamer girls is starting to sound pretty hot.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

DemonLordZabuza

Thoughts:
-hmmm those pictures remind me of the flea market
-I dont have much anime stuff in my room...thats my bro who does
-you make it way to easy   :P
-Thinking of cute gamer girls :D
-I need a good game  :-\...patiently waiting for that one :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

narutofan17

*looks at girl friend* No she doesn't look unattractive. Guess that prove that stereotype wrong. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Emerge

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 11, 2007, 09:07:36 PM

See, the part where you say, "proportionately equal number of beautiful nerds as anywhere else." is correct. Here's the thing. The majority of woman on a realistic scale are "unattractive". The average girl is "unattractive" in today's world. Therefore it is true that, most gamer girls are "unattractive" as most females in general are "unattractive".

Yeah, a lot of people find said "unattractive", "attractive" because they have weird tastes, but it doesn't change that the basic point of view is that they are not attractive.

Did you follow? Now someone will say something like, "It's taste, just because you find a girl to be unattractive it doesn't mean she is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Then I will reply with... "nope, that's bull". There is a basis of what beauty is, taste doesn't change what beauty is, taste just changes what the individual finds attractive. I find a lot of girls that aren't beautiful by basic standards, to be my taste. And in other ways, I find beautiful girls by basic standards to be not my taste.

Example of such a situation(not mine... but such a situation). Devon Aoki is an horridly ugly woman. She has a nice body, but her face is ugly. A lot of people find her attractive though. Why? Hell do I know, but it's not because of beautiful facial features. Most of the people that are attracted to her, are attracted to her because she's "Asian" and has an "exotic"(different) face. Therefore they are willing to overlook that her face looks like it was hit by a frying pan when she was a baby, then a crowbar down the nose.

Someone who I find extremely attractive when I KNOW they aren't?

Sarah Silverman. http://www.gorillasushi.com/images/imce/Image/Jason/sarahsilverman.jpg

I know she isn't that attractive, yet I find her to be super gorgeous for some reason, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY EXACTLY.

So to conclude this. Most girls are ugly. Most girls at fanime are ugly. You saying "well I think they are attractive" does not change that. No I don't have impossible standards, I just have realistic judgment when I'm being objective. Subjectively speaking though... that's a different story.

i'm a bit confused about this part. most of the rest, i can understand, but that caught me off guard a little bit.

it's as though you're suggesting that there is a universal standard for what beauty is.

look at the women in africa who lengthen their necks with coils. apparently, in their culture, that makes them more beautiful. if someone pulled that off out here, that woman would probably get stared to death.

could you clarify what you were trying to say?

Appu

Quote from: gmontem on November 11, 2007, 10:21:54 PM
Hey Appu, the idea that I, when playing a Pyro in TF2, may have toasted few attractive gamer girls is starting to sound pretty hot.

Dude from now on we should say "let's toast some attractive gamer girls" instead of saying "Let's play TF2"  :D

We might be able to even backstab them! And heal them! Even blow them to pieces  :-X

Dammit they should yell "Help! I am melting!" in their girly voices. Now that's cute. They're melting coz they're hawt  :P
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

otakuapprentice

this thread has gotten WAY off the point....

PyronIkari

Quote from: Emerge on November 12, 2007, 03:06:53 AM
i'm a bit confused about this part. most of the rest, i can understand, but that caught me off guard a little bit.

it's as though you're suggesting that there is a universal standard for what beauty is.

look at the women in africa who lengthen their necks with coils. apparently, in their culture, that makes them more beautiful. if someone pulled that off out here, that woman would probably get stared to death.

Civilized cultures. And even on that aspect, the men from African tribes find modern beauty very attractive, but to them, it is just strange so they don't know how to accept it, and are rather more scared than anything else.

Appu

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 12, 2007, 04:23:18 PM
Quote from: Emerge on November 12, 2007, 03:06:53 AM

Civilized cultures. And even on that aspect, the men from African tribes find modern beauty very attractive, but to them, it is just strange so they don't know how to accept it, and are rather more scared than anything else.

lol

G.I.R

Getting back to game collections, Here's a collection of arcade games (now sold) that came to light in 2006:  The Time Travel Warehouse Collection.

A warehouse full of Video, Pinball, and Electro-Mechanical games from 1982, and before in Vancouver, Many of them still new in the box! (and some still are!).  Also check out http://www.flippers.com/ .  Many of these machines are still avaliable.

XpHoBiaX

I LOVE pinball!!!!  ;D I gotted top score at the local pizza place by my chiropractor!

Pinball is like...my weakness!