Artist Alley 2008

Started by slifertheskydragon, November 10, 2007, 11:23:26 AM

sunrise-oasis

Just a small thought...your making keychains right????
my biggest question is Does a cellphone strap counts as a keychain? (trying to make those but finding the RIGHT materials is very hard.) I mean, IM not taking your idea its just It bothers me alot when I was thinking of also making a keychain but mines is much smaller O_O!, and it looks like its design for a cellphone O_O!

BunofGovt

Cell phone straps and key chains are different items, although I've used cell phone straps on my keys and vice versa depending on where I really want to have them.

I've also just hung them on a ring on my purse befcause it gets jangly!  :D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Chloe

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 12, 2008, 09:49:55 AM
Just a small thought...your making keychains right????
my biggest question is Does a cellphone strap counts as a keychain? (trying to make those but finding the RIGHT materials is very hard.) I mean, IM not taking your idea its just It bothers me alot when I was thinking of also making a keychain but mines is much smaller O_O!, and it looks like its design for a cellphone O_O!

Well, mine are designed to be on cell phone straps.  It can count as a keychain I suppose, but typically you can just hang it on pretty much anything.  Problem with Keychains with split rings are difficult to put on things just 'cause it's sorta a pain to open the ring and slide things
through it.

Yeah, so mine's just going to be on a cell phone strap.  It looks much more attractive, and it's easier to manage. D:
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

tasan84

Quote from: Chloe on January 08, 2008, 11:58:01 PM
Don't mean to double post... But, I got another question:

I'm selling keychains this year for AA, but since this is my first time, I'm unsure as to how many I should be making.  I was thinking like 50 copies a character, but I'm not even sure how much is too much or too little.

Anyone here have experience in knowing a good ratio of keychains to be made?  I know it depends on the popularity of the character and all, but I don't wanna run out during the con...  D:

Hey, I'm selling keychains too, and I wanted ask what is the best place to order keychain supplies from? So far I've looked at Ballchain.com and http://www.stainedglassoriginals.com/. ^^

Chloe

Well, for me, I'm just going to laminate it, cut it out, and attach on the strap... So, mine's not like the typical keychain with the plastic cover.  But, I'm sure buying it online for wholesale is better than buying it in the store.  You're selling a lot, right? I think the sites you've found will do you good though...
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

ph1shf00d

Quote from: tasan84 on January 14, 2008, 07:06:23 PM
Quote from: Chloe on January 08, 2008, 11:58:01 PM
Don't mean to double post... But, I got another question:

I'm selling keychains this year for AA, but since this is my first time, I'm unsure as to how many I should be making.  I was thinking like 50 copies a character, but I'm not even sure how much is too much or too little.

Anyone here have experience in knowing a good ratio of keychains to be made?  I know it depends on the popularity of the character and all, but I don't wanna run out during the con...  D:

Hey, I'm selling keychains too, and I wanted ask what is the best place to order keychain supplies from? So far I've looked at Ballchain.com and http://www.stainedglassoriginals.com/. ^^

Also thinking about selling keychains XD

You want to find a good balance between how much you'll spend and how much you'll gain, of course.  I remember learning how to figure that out in Algebra II, but I've forgotten all that XD~

And I'm going to try to do double-sided keychains (one character on one side, a different character on the other) but only if the website I want to order from allows that.

I'm using Sugart.net for my keychains.  They're a group of artists that sell their own custom stuff as well as provide services for other artists.  Sent them an email this morning, and if my quote is affordable, I'll probably go with them. =D

sunrise-oasis

well im finding areas around chinatown and japantown and buying beads from store to store. I was hoping it to make it interesting but thts the hard part XD....

Phone straps seems to be the most easy one to make and sell...