First Timer

Started by koella, November 11, 2007, 07:24:57 PM

koella

This is the first time I've ever decided to book a hotel...for anything.  I really don't know if I can even book a hotel yet and was hoping to get a room closer to the fanimecon date.  I was wondering if anyone's ever booked a hotel room for Fanime last minute and, if yes, were there any complications?  Are the hotels ever completely full?

BrightHeart76

Last year they were really good about keeping updated about room availabilty as fanime came closer.  Keep your eyes on the boards for updates. 

If I remember right rooms were still available a month before fanime last year, but things are different every year.  I hope everythig works out for you!   :D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

phoenixphire24

If the rooms sell out long before the con, they usually open up more rooms. However, if you want a room for the whole con (Fri, Sat, Sun night) in one of the hotels connected to the convention center, I'd try and reserve a room ASAP. Rooms for Sat and Sun night seem to sell out faster since some people only come for Sat and Sun, so you might not be able to have the same room for the whole con. Chances are you won't have a problem, but you might not get exactly the room you want.

M

We try to give updates (via message board posts or whatever) as to how many hotel rooms we have left. If you already know that you'll be staying in a hotel room during con, book it asap. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

KyraEnsui

Yes, sometimes hotel can be booked completely full. It usually depends on the Guest of Honors and MusicFest that Fanime brings. I don't know about last minute booking since wasn't there a deadline for booking online for the con rates?

M

Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 12, 2007, 08:25:26 PM

Yes, sometimes hotel can be booked completely full. It usually depends on the Guest of Honors and MusicFest that Fanime brings. I don't know about last minute booking since wasn't there a deadline for booking online for the con rates?

Just to clarify, it doesn't depend on our Guests of Honor or MusicFest guests. If our hotel(s) get filled up, it's usually by attendees or people attending events around the area.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

KyraEnsui

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. ^^;

IamTetsuo

Quote from: koella on November 11, 2007, 07:24:57 PM
This is the first time I've ever decided to book a hotel...for anything.  I really don't know if I can even book a hotel yet and was hoping to get a room closer to the fanimecon date.  I was wondering if anyone's ever booked a hotel room for Fanime last minute and, if yes, were there any complications?  Are the hotels ever completely full?

Year before last I booked a room about a month before the con, with no problems.  I actually got a room on a lower floor than I did last year! (Floor 7 vs 20)

zemric

to tell u the truth the higher up floors r better since u cant here the con at night when u r sleeping (if ur not in the game room all night)
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

koella

Thanks everybody  ;D
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for last minute available rooms